Aussie Hoops
Years ago

Bogut on the Trade Table

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/242472/Warriors-Frustrated-By-Andrew-Bogut-Could-Look-For-Trade

Interesting they mention Boguts poor post season play yet Ezeli was far worse and it was noticeable in the finals when he got hurt.

Topic #39565 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

supposedly Dwight could end up there so it makes sense to shop Bogut.

Reply #590298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stupid...
Dwight is a cancer to any team.

Reply #590299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joakim Noah is one the Warriors are looking at, would be an absolutely perfect fit for them too.

Reply #590302 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

It seems like the Warriors are linked with every big free agent out there, while seemingly not too interested in their own restricted free agents, as well as guys like Iggy/Bogut. Strange for a team that won so many games this year.

Reply #590304 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Bogut to the Big Apple!

Reply #590318 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Alongside Noah? Who does NY trade out?

Reply #590338 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

I could understand Warriors trading injury-prone Bogey in order to get a young rim protector who they can get at least 5 years out of, but who's a sensible alternative?

Noah missed a lot of games injured, Pau Gasol is way past his prime, Marc might be okay but isn't a passer and is currently injured, Tyson Chandler isn't a passer, ...

They're better off keeping him.

Reply #590345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm Whiteside, Howard if he changes his mind set and purely focuses on his defensive stuff, Bogut sadly is past his best, that injury is one of very many. The Warriors arent foccussed on their own free agents becausew they already know what they get with the likes of Barnes and Bogut, and they are trying to upgrade not break even.

Reply #590355 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

LOL, Howard? Surely not! He'd single-handedly destroy that team.
They have to move Bogut in order to sign someone like Whiteside, and also probably lose Barnes who will be offered big money. Not sure it's worth the risk. Unless they give Bogut away for basically nothing.

Good luck upgrading on a team that won 73 games last season too. I realise they lost the finals, but they had issues with Bogey's injury, Iggy hurt, Green suspended etc in that series.

Reply #590357 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

I would say the only reason they dump Bogut is if they significantly upgrade the roster.
ie Durant
There really aren't that many STAR players available that would make their team better.

And even if they dump Bogut to sign Durant who will be their bigman rotation???
Ezeli is just as injury-prone and a much worse player.
Speights can't guard a traffic cone.
Green is great but you don't want him playing 40 mins at C for 82 games, he will be destroyed by the playoffs.

If they do get Durant to sign it could be Iggy that is traded.
They could trade Iggy and Barnes to OKC for Durant.
It would help Durant save some face since OKC would get some quality players.
Curry
Thompson
Durant
Green
Bogut

They could sign Matt Barnes as a poor mans Iggy so they could still play smallball when Bogut goes to the bench.

Reply #590361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marc Gasol not a passer? Do you watch the NBA?

Reply #590365 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

In the games I watched, I wasn't impressed. However, checking the season stats, Marc's 3.8 assists beats Bogey's 2.3.

I stand corrected. Marc might be a suitable replacement after all.

Reply #590385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you guys know that to get an assist you also rely on the guy getting the pill to make the shot?

Reply #590387 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754