Anonymous
Years ago

Accountability of referees

At some stage in a game of basketball referees have to be accountable for the poor standard of reffing.

It is absolutely terrible at PL status that some of these refs are allowed to conduct themselves the way they do!

Topic #39581 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

While I won't say they cost the Eagles women the game (they did that themselves), some decisions were baffling at Wayville tonight

Reply #590570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol that will be the day!! Protected species country wide.

Reply #590579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't understand when a coach asks a question why is he T'd up? When fouls or "no calls" at that is happening - why isn't that being reviewed?

Is it when there is no ref coach these ref's go on a power trip and no one to pulled them back in line.

BASA - you have a handful of refs that are making the rest look like ungraded fools.

Players are accountable for the game play. Coaches are accountable for not bringing the team together. When do refs become accountable? What's the issue here? No one's got the balls to actually say something...don't speak out about the refs because they do no wrong - seriously? They are human but when they think they are G.O.D. there is a huge issue. Maybe BASA should be accountable when a game is out of control and someone gets hurt.

If you aren't refing well then you don't get a game - earn it like players and coaches do! They get benched and/or fired when not performing. Why should ref's get better treatment?

Austral sports media - why don't you include this in your weekly productions.

Reply #590595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you think those two coaches in the Eagles game were bad for their women then they certainly squared up the ledger when they did the men's game straight after. They ruined a great game.

Reply #590597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AFAIK all refs get critted often. More than I can say about the retards that post here about refs.

Reply #590598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Found the ref

Reply #590599 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Who were the refs? Does anyone know?

Reply #590603 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Refs are quite easy to find on the box score. Then again it's hard to expect those that are so misinformed about referee evaluation and performance would have a clue about how to find that.

Reply #590609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cannot find names in Box Score

Reply #590612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think anon 612 razor means the webcast boxscore and not the sporting pulse version.

Reply #590614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the biggest issue with refs today is that they do not know how to communicate with coaches.

Reply #590800 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754