Zodiac
Years ago

Pre-season game: 36ers vs Kings Oct 1st

Adelaide 36ers vs Sydney Kings Saturday night 6pm at Titanium Security Arena.

Topic #39992 | Report this topic

Dave  
Years ago

Gonna be a mad rush to get down there after the GF!

Reply #600156 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

How much do they charge for preseason games?

Reply #600163 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Previously , ten bucks to get in , and ten bucks to park the car...

Reply #600165 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Has anyone got their tickets or members stuff. I see they say you can pick up both on sat before the game. But normally they post the tickets out.

Reply #600191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Saving money. Postage is now $1,

Reply #600201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any stream or live stats on this game.

Reply #600246 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

36ers up 52-46 at the half.

No Randle for Sixers, No Lisch & Cadee for Kings.

Reply #600259 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Why isn't randle playing?

Kazzouh isnt playing either i think

Reply #600260 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not sure. Yeah Khazzouh is out for about the first month of the season.

Reply #600265 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

So are we to assume Dion Prewster and Isaac Turner whoever he is will be the Kings two final signings?

Reply #600270 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

My take on the game:
Creek is ready to be our go to guy this year. Pretty much dominated. 24, 12 and 5, with 3 steals on 10 shots. 0 turnovers. Pretty much a perfect game from him.
I really like the look of Jacobsen. Has range, is pretty good down low. Has the least hype of our 3 imports, but could very well be the best one. He's pretty similar to Petrie. Even likes a bit of niggle, like Peach.
Ferguson is a work in progress, but he got hot in the 2nd and did some nice things. Scored 8 points in a row for us at one point. Isn't shy in putting shots up. He only shot 8/19, but a large portion of his misses were rim outs that looked good. Still managed 18. He'll have his 5 point games and his 30 point games I suspect.
DJ is DJ. We already now what we're getting with him.
I quite liked what I saw from Deng. Didn't play many minutes, but was active when he was on. Is pretty raw, but there's something to work with there.
Drmic was the big disappointment for mine. His 4 shots were all pretty wide open and he barely even hit the ring. Even his free throws were really ugly. Hopefully just a bad game.
I don't rate Sobey tbh. Still always looks out of control when he's bringing the ball up with any defense. Was active on the defensive end, which was nice.
Teys played his usual cameo role. Comes in, does a couple things, then sits. That's pretty much his role.
Hodgson played 9 mins, 6 points, 5 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 punch, 1 ejection. Newley drove it into him and they sort of got caught up together. I didn't really see what happened. Then Hodgson picked himself up off the floor and basically threw a punch at Newley. After a 5 min break in play, Newley got an unsportmanlike, Hodgson got ejected, somehow we got the ball.
Doyle didn't shoot too well, but he seems like a bit of a Gibson sort of player. Doesn't do a lot, but distributes it well and protects the ball pretty well.

For Sydney:
No Cadee, Khazzouh, Lisch and effectively no Maric, so hard to take anything from them from the game.
Newley is a beast off the dribble. His finishing in traffic is top notch. Can't shoot to save his life though. He's going to be a problem, when you have Cadee and Lisch on the perimeter that you need to respect the dish out.
Maric played 13 mins, did effectively nothing except flail his arms around on offense and picked up 5 fouls. 7 rebounds is something I guess.
I'm not sure what Turner's story is. Import? Local? Don't know anything about him. First half, he almost looked scared to even bounce the ball. Sydney were struggling to bring the ball up the floor, because he seemed determined to pass the ball every time he got it and refused to bounce it. Then suddenly he went nuts in the second half. Made like 5 3s in a row. Finished on 19 points. I looked up his Waratah league stats and he averages almost 10 3 attempts per game. So I guess that's his game.
Garlepp did what Garlepp does. He's their DJ, you pretty much know what you're getting.
Bryson padded his stats at the end, but was pretty underwhelming. His line looks pretty good, though.
Whittington seemed to be in first gear all game. Hardly broke a sweat it seemed. I feel like he'll be a solid player when they get their full team in.
Hill hardly played. Made a 3, that's about it.
Moller looks pretty unco. But I guess that's to be expected when he's been playing AFL for a year or however long.
Prewster is an ok end of the bench type guy. Nothing more, nothing less.
Bo Lui looks their your token Asian.

Reply #600275 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Fun game. Sydney seemed fired up in the 3rd quarter and it got pretty physical. Newley sort of shoved an off balance Hodgson over after a foul at the basket and Hodgson got up and flattened him! Automatic ejection of course. Am assuming Hodgson will miss the first game now?

Ferguson looks like he is finding his feet and isn't letting attempts to rough him up faze him so far. His jumpshot is money. If we can get him open on a regular basis he's going to put plenty of points on the board!

Creek looks like he is ready to step up in his first season as captain. He has been really good so far in pre-season.

Jacobsen is looking like a solid pickup. Not flashy, but is willing to do the dirty work DJ is not so good at, is quite quick for a guy his size and even seems to be able to hit the three!

Having said all that, we struggled to stop Newley and their import (#22 in particular) from scoring at the basket and they also looked good from the three point line. Throw Lisch and Cadee in there to counter our full-court pressure and Khazzouh to bolster a fairly limited big man rotation and I think it would have been tough for us, even with Randle.

Reply #600276 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

#22 was Prewster. Not an import.

Reply #600277 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Sorry, must have been Turner. He looks a little like Prewster but built much stronger. He took it to the basket a few times and used his size to good effect.

I agree with you about Drmic. Shot was way off tonight. Bit disappointed because I feel like he could be having a bigger impact than he has so far.

Sobey could go either way I think. He has the athleticism, speed and desire to take the game on. But sometimes he's too agressive. Its just going to depend on whether he can learn to play smarter.

Reply #600279 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Turner was the shorter one of the 2. The one that was raining 3s. Prewster was the taller, more built one. So you might be thinking of Prewster.

Reply #600280 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Or you might even be thinking of Bryson. Which probably makes more sense.

Reply #600281 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Like others my biggest worry is Drmic, in pretty much all the pre season games I have seen he has been average at best. I though he was a shooter? I know he was not going to be a hugh impact player but I expected more of a three point threat. Like Ferg, even his misses look pretty good, just needs reps to learn with men. Jacobsen looks good and solid.

Overall I think we are going to look great in games and horrible in others. If the shot is not falling and we are not out in transition I think it could get a little rough at times. Should be a fun year at least.

Reply #600282 | Report this post

Pointybits  
Years ago

The Kings have utilised ISACC TURNER off the bench in a fill in role including their China Trip. Turner plays for NSW ABA club Sutherland and arrived in Australia with us College team in 2014. He returned in the hope of getting a run early 2015.
Last year Isaac worked with the HAWKS attending most practices.

This year he won the NSW Waratah League MVP and highest average points. Its no surprise that the Kings have kept him in the fold. My mail is that if Julian Khazzouh
needs to be replaced then the Kings will recruit a big from the USA. If not Turner will fill the 3rd import spot.

Reply #600422 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Turner was very good offensively once he adjusted to the pace of the game in the second half of the game. No sure what he can contrubte with Cadee and Lisch back.

Reply #600434 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:41 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754