Isaac
Years ago

Wildcats sign Jackson Hussey

The Perth Wildcats have signed West Australian guard Jackson Hussey as an injury replacement for Jarrod Kenny.

Hussey recently completed the 2016 State Basketball League season with the Geraldton Buccaneers.

In 13 games, he averaged 20.3 points at over 45 per cent from the field, while accumulating 8.0 rebounds and 4.8 assists per game.
Full announcement

Topic #40153 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's a decent pickup. Wonder what kind of shape he is in at the moment being in the middle of the SBL off season. He's much more of a scoring point guard than Kenny or Damo but that being said he likely won't see the court.

Strange that Kyle Armour wasn't looked at.

Reply #604342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jackson looked good a few weeks ago. Hes in game shape for sure.

Reply #604343 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

What exactly are the injury replacement rules? Is there a minimum time the injured player must be out?

IIRC I've also hear that you can't use the same replacement for more than one player, is that correct???

I'm just wondering why he has been signed to replace Kenny, and not Damo, as I thought they would chase a more experienced player for the longer term injury?

Reply #604344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes 2 weeks is a long time.

Reply #604348 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

IIRC the rule was 21 days (or 4 games) so I guess they are anticipating Damo will be back before the the stretch of games we have 13th, 17th, 19th.

Reply #604353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyle is on vacation. could have been a good fit having been a DP with them. Jackson looks the goods tho.

Reply #604360 | Report this post

Sofoulis Bros  
Years ago

Kyle Armour is in USA + he is too short and too scrawny. Hussey is a lot bigger, more athletic, younger and hasn't had a shot yet (Kyle already has and nothing happened). Well deserved.

Reply #604372 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754