Dazz
Years ago

No Beal/Kenny/Martin = No Cats

Martin is injured again. His knee it looks like.
I hope its minor, or we are f@$%ing screwed. Absolutely fell to bits without him on the floor.

And I have to ask, WTF was the rush to sign Hussey?
Is there really nobody better we could have gotten with a bit more notice?

And yeah, we could sure as heck use a combo guard right about now.

Topic #40217 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Look on the bright side, we play NZ next Sunday and they are in as bout as much trouble as Perth are with with their PG's. Both Woodside and Ili.

Reply #606107 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Don't worry too much Dazz.

The reffs coupled with Knights flopping will generate some Ws

Reply #606162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rolfcopter please explain the cross court rule for us all. Until then stop suggesting the refs cost your team a win. or do we need to bring up the offensive foul when the defender jumped on a shot fake...

Reply #606312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I guess if he hadn't been brought back early this wouldn't have happened.

Reply #606314 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Didn't actually see the incident, just saw him hobbling off, straight to the rooms, and back with an ice-pack.

Reply #606407 | Report this post

kings fan  
Years ago

Johnson is lucky he hit those 3'sz otherwise he might have been de-activated for good for a import combo guard. Something Perth badly needs.

Reply #606528 | Report this post

Green 53  
Years ago

Dazz beal in never coming back no matter how many times you post about it in here. Move on and embrace what we have now.

Reply #606853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ROFLcopter is a flop

Reply #606895 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Dazz beal in never coming back no matter how many times you post about it in here.
When have I EVER said anything about Beal coming back?
This thread is about Martin getting injured again, and therefore Perth having lost its two best guards, and not having anybody to run the point.

Reply #606898 | Report this post

Green 53  
Years ago

Then why have beal's name in the thread title?

Reply #606908 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Because Beal was a combo guard that Perth effectively replaced with a SG/SF, leaving themselves exposed in a situation like this.

Reply #606913 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So WTF so they do now?
Perth have no PG and no other guards that can even handle the ball. JJ is kind of a weird cross between a SF and a corner guy. He can shoot, he can score, he can even block and play D. If there's a shot to be taken, you'd put the ball in his hands, but you don't want him on the dribble.
Wroe is way too inexperienced, and their is really nobody to even partner him in the back court.

They need to do SOMETHING.

IF and when Kenny is fit and firing, I'd back him to run the point. But that STILL leaves them short in the back.
Plus who knows with a groin. It could be longer than expected, he could be proppy when he comes back, and we're still desperately thin and a tweak away from disaster.

This year was always going to be tough. With Damo back, and having seen a bit of the other teams, I had renewed confidence that the streak would continue. Now, anything but.

It's been a messy year so far. IMHO they picked the wrong two new imports, the JJ/Ingram clusterfuck was just embarrassing, and now screwed by injuries. Re-signing JJ after the Ingram debacle was "making the best of a bad situation" and for mine they need to do that again. Bite the bullet.

For mine they have four basic options:

1) Find the best local PG they can.
Who is there?

2) Throw a bag of cash at Steve Holt, or find some D-Legaue star with an Asian mum.

3) "De-activate" (ROFL) McKay, sign a hired-gun import PG, and look for a local (or Asian) to bolster the front court. Between Knight, Wagstaff, Brandt, Hire, and Redhage, they might be just ok, but Knight is bound to get injured, and they would need to replace McKay's athleticism somehow.
Chudier Pal is still training with them, is he naturalised and any good?

4) As above, but axe JJ again.
Personally, I think that's beyond the pale, but who knows.

Reply #607074 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Chudier Pal is still training with them, is he naturalised
Are you serious?

Reply #607077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:01 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754