Isaac
Years ago

Bullets vs Hawks, Dec 19

Brisbane coming off a win, the Hawks a loss. Each team is tied on the ladder at 8-8.

I think the winner goes to second, the loser fourth (ahead of fifth on percentage).

Anyone dare tip? Brisbane are $1.77 favourites.

Topic #40503 | Report this topic

Ricky Diculous  
Years ago

I'm going Brisbane. They haven't strung 2 together for a while and the Melb Utd win should have them up and about.
Then again.....

Reply #613866 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I would like to say Brisbane but Beal had a good game last game against Melb which means he's probably due for 3-4 bad ones now and Craig has dropped off from the level he was at earlier in the season. Bairstow seems to be getting a bit better now though.

The Hawks are pretty much a one man show with Clarke and think AJ might get a bit touchy with the physical play of Bairstow and start whining to the refs.

Hawks by 4

Reply #613868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets $1.78 Hawks $2.05.

Reply #613871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shaun Bruce is an atrocious player. 3 diabolical turnovers in his first few minutes

Reply #613879 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Bruce needs to slow down. He tried pushing the ball up the floor 3 times and they all resulted in turnovers. I like the way that Brisbane is keeping the ball out of the Hawks guards hands until late in the shot clock. It made Ogilvy and Kay become playmakers which resulted in a couple of turnovers (only to give it straight back looking for a fast break). Tight game, looks like it will go down to the wire.

Reply #613880 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

It may not be Brisbane's night. Especially when Kevin White hits a pull up 3.

Reply #613881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is it so hard for NBL TV to get the score right

Reply #613882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is the refs can only get 50% of the calls right, stop blowing the whistle exspecially on some of those screens.

Reply #613885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are overdoing the let's go bullets let's go chant

Reply #613888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ogilvy silly foul

Reply #613889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good note they've changed to just "bullets, bullets" Chang that's better

Reply #613890 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Thats why I can't watch the Hawks. They have the biggest brain explosions. Ogilvy is their big culprit. Geez.

Reply #613891 | Report this post

Bullets r guns  
Years ago

WOO HOO OT FOOLS!

Hawks were up by 17 and dapping and swaggering. THINK AGAIN - We're coming to get you

Reply #613892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Craig was very good late

Reply #613893 | Report this post

Bullets r guns  
Years ago

Torey Craig doing it all! Gibbo has had a mad game, brung it up the court really strong.

Reply #613895 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

And that's why AJ ain't no boomer

Reply #613896 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

TC had a huge Q4. Gotta love free basketball.

Reply #613897 | Report this post

Bullets r guns  
Years ago

AJ is over-rated! Bairstow has pwned him all night!

Reply #613900 | Report this post

Bullets r guns  
Years ago

DOG SHOW ON BAIRSTOW! Its not rugby you damn thug

Reply #613901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow. Hawks were lucky to get away with that. Martin with 55 secs on the clock takes a shot within 5?sec off the clock. Never ever going to go in.
Bullets rebound the ball and Craig makes a flukey shoot. NO need to take a shot martin. Worse case scenario run the 24 out. Credit to the Hawks for getting the W. However OT wasn't needed.

Reply #613904 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Hawks, wow, I had em top 4, wrote them off and now they are well and truly back in business

A theme from their season is matchups. beating some opponents eg Adelaide, bris. While still yet to claim a win vs Cairns or Sydney.

Reply #613907 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Same bogy language I saw in the corresponding match in Brisbane not long ago.

Bullets players (apart from imports) and coach bitch titting about EVERY foul call instead of putting their head down and getting on with things. Reminds me of their Clippers and their woes/behaviour.

Hawks complete contrast. No whinging or moaning, take it on the chin and prepare for next possession. If someone fluffs up there might be a small word of encouragement, if someone does something positive it's recognised by players on and off the court.

Bullets getting by on individual talent, Hawks got it done with cohesion.

Strangely Oscar was the only Hawks not to score, again.

Wish Lemanis would stop leaning on Te Rangi so much.

Reply #613923 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Mitch Norton has been Illawarra's best this season. What a gun. Seriously approaching Damian Martin levels. I'd be over the moon if he were Taipans starting PG next season.

Reply #613924 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Dan, he's a bloody legend.

Reply #613926 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Crap, he's on a two-year deal

Reply #613930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oscars done. Apologies Isaac. Something going on there that we don't know about?

Reply #613931 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Oscar needs to hit a couple & get his confidence going. I'd stick with him 4 now.

Reply #613938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norton is really good at bursting into the lane for those quick lay-ups before the bigs can react. It's Tony Parker-esque.

Reply #613943 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Scary to think Norton is the same age as Damo in his rookie year. A lot of good basketball to come and I suspect he'll become a mainstay as back-up PG on Boomers teams qualifying through Asia.

He was brilliant tonight and so was Kay.

Reply #613953 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Forman's getting on his last legs it looks.

Reply #613956 | Report this post

Norman  
Years ago

I hope Norton & Kay stick around together at Hawks long term like Saville & Campbell and Martin & Coenraad have.

Great players, great guys, hard workers that the community could really get behind.

Reply #613969 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Something going on there that we don't know about?
I don't think so. Just the oldest guy on a deep team? They had good contributions from others at that position - Kay was game MVP, Coenraad did well, Ellis too.

Kay 14/6/3, Coenraad 12, Ellis 10 - all at better than 50%.

Norton and Kay are such good pickups for this team. Somewhat akin to Perth getting Martin and Knight and building with them for years.

Norton last night: 13 points (4/5 FG), 5 assists, 3 steals. +16.
Kay: 14 points (6/10 FG), 6 boards, 3 assists. +10.

Hawks are now in the top bracket, and starting Norton and White as their backcourt. Remarkable. Bevo is not shy about messing with his rotations.

Reply #613972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

460+ games and scoreless in the last 3 games. Not good for one of the best str8 up 3 point shooters ever.

Reply #613973 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No one plays forever! Along with Andersen, Penney and Redhage, Oscar is one of the oldest in the league. Not sure about current data, but as of late 2015 he was (by almost 100 games), the player with the most NBL games logged? 80-90 more than Vukona and Redhage. 100+ over Gibson.

Fair drop off in that "generation" recently in the NBL. Loughton seemingly on the outer. Wagstaff having a poor season going by Perth fans though I assume he's a bracket younger. Tragardh out of the league, Burston, Walker (younger) and Davidson too. Schenscher. Holmes. Carter. Usually those retirements* feel a bit more gradual. I think Oscar's the last of his AIS class to be playing at NBL level or better, unless I've forgotten someone?

(Carter could possibly get another gig still, but he's a couple of years younger.)

* or phone going colder

Reply #614023 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:22 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754