Anonymous
Years ago

Zaza an all-star???

Could Zaza Pechulia start the all star game for the west? Could this be the worst selection ever?
How is this possible, more people would prefer Javale as it could have some entertainment value, it's not like Yao, who could play but had a billion Chinese behind him voting him in.

Topic #40614 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The people from his native country of Georgia are voting hard for him (probably some trolls too). Fan votes only count for 50% this year though, with media 25% and players 25% so it will be unlikely he actually makes it I think, since I doubt any media/players will vote him in.

Reply #616812 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

GSW bandwagoners don't know of any other big men in the west to vote for.

Reply #616814 | Report this post

Indominos-Rex  
Years ago

^^

Incorrect AC, the same thing happened last year, except to a lesser extent. It is country of Georgia voting him, not NBA bandwagoner's

Well maybe some bandwagoner's but you get the point.

Reply #616824 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Those bloody Georgians. I guess that explains why Zaza has been a perennial All-Star ever since he joined the league.

Reply #616845 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Maybe so, but I'll still stick with my bandwagoners theory, sorry.

The West has 3 Cav's players as starters and the East has 3 Warriors, whereas players like Westbrook, CP3 and Lilliard have been snubbed. I'll give that the West is stacked with talent, but this is why the fan vote now only makes 50%.

Reply #616852 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Iggy is in the top-10 in voting for the West too. Definitely some bandwagon voting going on.

Reply #616859 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

Realised I mixed up East and West there

Reply #616877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There probably are some bandwagon fans in it who want an all GSW all star starting 5, but a huge amount of it is the Georgians. He got a lot of votes still last year from them too just not quite as many.

Maybe we should all campaigning for all the Aussies to be starters lol

EAST:
Kyrie (bit of a stretch)
Delly
Simmons
Thon
Baynes

WEST:
Exum
Mills
Ingles
Adams (He can jump in for an ANZAC lineup)
Bogut

Reply #616879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw him in 2nd and decided, why not I'll vote for him too!
Zaza Pachulia to the All-Star game.

Reply #616953 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754