Train
Years ago

Low Angle Camera during NBL coverage.

Am i the only one out there that can't stand this camera angle? This might be a good angle to use on replays or when play has stopped, but FMD its terrible when the game is being played. Half the time you can't see whats going on because theres a player or ref in the way...what are they thinking.

Topic #40639 | Report this topic

Btown  
Years ago

Worst angle of all time. Half the shot is the backs of people's heads

Reply #617569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two words.

"HATE IT"

"THE PITS"

"MISSED PLAYS"

Well. Maybe more than 2 words

John

Reply #617574 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"Am i the only one out there that can't stand this camera angle?"

Judging by twitter during the game you are *far* from alone.

While I appreciate the willingness to try new things, it would be nice if they had someone trying to watch the game while the rest of the broadcast team did their "let's tinker as much as we can!!" routine, so that they'd realise for themselves how inferior that view is for following the game.

Reply #617576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spider cam. Worst ever.

Reply #617584 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

I don't mind it on the inbound passes and free throws for a bit of variety, but can't stand it when the game is in play as you can't see the play or action in general

Reply #617593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Mitch Young cam? It was a minute or so to go in the game and he hit a couple of FT's, so the camera stayed focused on him for about 30 seconds, even while the Cats were bringing the ball up the court.

Reply #617595 | Report this post

Lost In The Sky  
Years ago

Nope, Your not alone. That camera was shocking. Gives a poor view of the game.

Reply #617598 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

That camera angle is almost as bad as Tommy Greer's commentary

Reply #617611 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It's right up there with the league's uncanny ability to show replays over the top of live action ball, especially made baskets.

Reply #617645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop being so negative! They have increased the %'s on the Standings to FIVE decimal places!!! Thats an 150.00000% increase on previous seasons!

Reply #617650 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

How about Mitch Young cam? It was a minute or so to go in the game and he hit a couple of FT's, so the camera stayed focused on him for about 30 seconds, even while the Cats were bringing the ball up the court.
It was worse than that; I think there were single digits on the shot clock once they finally cut to a wider angle. Certainly the Cats were through a significant part of their offense.

Reply #617653 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

The another annoying thing about the low angle camera is that it was not stable and constantly swaying.

Reply #617661 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

100% with you Train.

Reply #617667 | Report this post

Oracle  
Years ago

Reply #617709 | Report this post

Oracle  
Years ago

Amature hour haha

Reply #617710 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754