Train
Years ago

Are the commentary team paying attention?

Anyone else noticed how the commentary team in todays game were questioning why Martin and Cotton were being benched at crucial parts of the game because they were oblivious of the players (Martin/Cotton) being in foul trouble. It also happened in one of the games yesterday.

I take it they have the same stats that we have at home but I found it weird when Cotton picked up his third and Martin his 4th there was no mention on it and then they were being critical of Gleeson not playing them before they realised a few minutes later it was because they were in foul trouble.

Topic #40859 | Report this topic

Dazz  
Years ago

The commentary was ridiculous, like they were barely watching the game, they just carry on their irrelevant conversations.

And its annoying. I started the game a little late and was playing catch up until on of the time-outs in the last quarter, so I didn't want to keep switching to the stats. It would be nice if they kept the audience apprised.

Reply #624709 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Yeah noticed that as well, wasn't great, but what annoyed me more was the return of the sweeping boom camera.

Reply #624711 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Boti is going to have a field day - yeah no kidding!!!

Reply #624718 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I didn't hear it but did Heal actually advocate for MU to replace DD with his buddy Brendan Joyce?

Reply #624720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The commentators also admitted their mistakes when they realised. Heal was happy to laugh at himself for the obvious error.

Reply #624723 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Why did Robbins do this game??
It's bad enough he's locked in for Cats home games. Was literally every other commentator unavailable today?
Could they not have begged Cometti seeing as he was in the building?

Reply #624727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac correct re: Heal endorsing Joyce.

What a disgraceful endorsement. But they have each others backs going back to Blaze days. Also another reason Heal needs to be dumped as a commentator, so unprofessional.

Reply #624739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John Casey for all finals games please. The rest are amateur and apathetic. Clear the trash out LK.

Reply #624740 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Yes. When talking about available NBL level coaches, Heal stated that BJ was sitting in the adjacent box ....

Reply #624770 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

They aren't apathetic, they're just plain pathetic.

Maybe we need to import a couple sportscasters.

Reply #624771 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Swear they told us the margin after every basket in the first 10 minutes, this isn't radio we can read.

Reply #624774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal went on for about a minute how the ball bounched a certain way off the ring and out of bounds in a way he had never seen before. OMG WOW SHANE AMAZING INSIGHT!!! Groan.

I like the idea re: importing sportscasters.

Reply #624776 | Report this post

Just  
Years ago

Was it just me or did Robbins barely say a word? Was easy to forget he was even one of the commentators.

Reply #624784 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Was it just me or did Robbins barely say a word?

Look...I mean...the Wildcats...I have to agree Paps.

Reply #624785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal prattling on and on about Cotton not being subbed back in, before later being informed he had 3 fouls. Too busy thinking about how he's a better coach than the guys involved and not thinking logically.

Also, what was Heal prattling on and on about how bad McKay was on PnR defence? NFI, as curious used to say.

Reply #624786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha classic Heal.

Remember that one season he player/coached the Dragons? Nuff said.

Reply #624788 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

I remember him coaching the SEQ Stars.

Reply #624793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh yes he had a flutter with the SEQ Stars.

Reply #624794 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Bret Brown will be visiting Australia and meeting some old mates soon, perhaps hammer will try to get him to stay and coach MU ?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/national/shane-heals-lawyer-seeks-adjournment-on-fraud-case-to-confirm-us-witnesses/news-story/8c4a49c3126e55a90fc6a891668bf429

Reply #624795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice news link thanks :)

Reply #624796 | Report this post

Gnome  
Years ago

I am not happy with the refereeing and their consistency like most people here.
But it would be good if the commentators actually tell us what call has been made by the ref.
Far too frequently they either do not know that a foul has been called let alone what it was for.
At times people are upset with the ref because a foul was called on a play that appears to not be a foul but the call was for something either off the ball or other reason.
It is not too hard to see the ref and look at his hand signals when signaling to the score bench.
If they tell us what call was made it may resolve some of the confusion of a call.

At least that is my opinion :-)

Reply #624849 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yes I noticed this too, very amatuerish!

Reply #624883 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754