Isaac
Years ago

Kings to trade DeMarcus Cousins to Pelicans

Lakers were in the mix at one point too, but Pels it is:

Deal with the Pels includes guard Buddy Hield, and a 2017 first-round pick to the Kings for Cousins, league sources tell @TheVertical.
Sources: New Orleans is also sending the Kings a 2017 second-round pick (via Philadelphia) and Tyreke Evans in deal, league sources said.
- Woj

Topic #40914 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow straight after his interview with ESPN saying how he wanted to be a King for life. lol owned

Reply #626978 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Pelican's made out like bandits on this trade. Vlade and Vivek really screwed the pooch on this.

It's debatable that the pairing of Boogie and AD could be best big man pairing since Robinson and Duncan?

Reply #626995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boogie and AD together will be crazy. I wonder how the Warriors feel about the possibility of playing them in the first round of the playoffs...

Reply #626996 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Good trade for NOLA but outside of those 2 they have Holiday and some trash. Very big heavy and don't really have a starting calibre 2 or 3, no second unit and no first rounder in a reasonably stacked draft, so still have a way to go to be considered a contender. Good start though.

Reply #627012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Vlade and Vivek really screwed the pooch on this."

They screw up everything they do.

Reply #627014 | Report this post

Agent 15  
Years ago

Pelicans getting Boggie for a bag of chips really... but I dont think with the way the NBA is played these days that the combination of Boogie & Davis will work? I think its a good trade by them given they are giving up next to nothing (considering where they stand in the West they are close to making the 8).

Will Boogie sign an extension is the next big question...

Reply #627030 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Even if Cousins doesn't re-sign, they only have to give up a mid 1st rounder and a second rounder. Losing Heild hurts a little but its easily made up for by adding a superstar to help AD.

Reply #627062 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

NOLA now up the stakes in the free agent market for 2017. The 1,2 and 3 are strong with CP3, Hayward, Lowry, George Hill, Porter, Teague, KCP, Reddick, Tucker, Mills etc becoming available.

You're correct Dave regarding stock behind Boogie and AD, they haven't got much. Holiday will probably re-sign, but they can probably get some pieces with Asik and Terrance Jones.

Kings will go into full tank mode and hope to keep the pick they owe the Bulls (top 10 protected). Keeping Boogie probably meant this pick would of ended up with Chicago.

Reply #627065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will the NBA ever return to a Twin Towers type set up?

Pelicans got an absolute steal here and can assume some of the pressure will be taken off Davis to hold up the team, but what can NOLA really do with what they've got now?

Interested to see if Boogie's attitude will change for the better.

Reply #627128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^

I really need to check my log in.

Reply #627129 | Report this post

AC  
Years ago

^
3rd time lucky

Reply #627130 | Report this post

Mike  
Years ago

Twin Towers hells yeah

Best I've felt as a Pels fan since the CP3 days

Reply #627144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cousins is a headcase though. goooooooood luck

Reply #627146 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

Did someone say Calipari to the Pelicans?

Reply #627312 | Report this post

PyroCross  
Years ago

There's very little risk if Boogie doesn't pan out in the next 18 months. To only lose Buddy (who is not the next Steph Curry, let's call that now) and a couple of picks this year for this experiment is worthwhile. Compelling experiment coming up.

Reply #627750 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

If they can form a big 3 this off-season -- maybe with Paul, Redick, Hayward, KCP, Otto Porter etc. -- Boogie will stay I reckon

Reply #627752 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754