Mock
Years ago

Wildcats dynasty??

Mock here to say i simply CANNOT see the MIGHTY PERTH WILDCATS not winning the NBL any time soon. We simply have a better off-court and back-office culture than any other club. To the outside observance, all hope looked LOST midway through the season but we SWOOPED on Bryce Cotton, the TRUE mvp of the league.

So much for Adelaide phony contenders if I ever saw one. You need to win when it hits the BUSINESS END of the season and Perth have the culture to do that. No other club can match us.

Let us build statues of Gleeson and Damo and bask in the GLORY of the coming dynasty.

Topic #41016 | Report this topic

Watto  
Years ago

This is what happens when the season finishes

Reply #630236 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Mock, stop being so classless. Your team won, be gracious about it. Sure celebrate the win, but don't start attacking other clubs as pretenders etc.

As for dynasty, it remains to be seen. Here are what I see are the challenges for a Wildcats three-peat and beyond.

1) Damo is getting older, he was all class in the finals but there were times where he was also consistently beat (like against Kevin Dillard).

2) Matt Knight is most likely going to retire. Who will the Wildcats bring in as the starting 4? He didn't have a great year but still a massive hole defensively. His D is under-rated.

3) It is likely Prather and Cotton are not coming, this exposes the Wildcats to future Jaron Johnsons and Andre Ingrams again. This is a huge risk.

4) The Wildcats don't really have any up and coming talent. Theres Mason Bragg, Corben Wroe, DKD, thats it.
With all due respect thats not a strong future core.

5) I believe teams will get even better next year. Potentially the Hawks and Taipans could get a boon of cash from the Luxury Tax payments. And all teams have seen what a successful model looks like and will model accordingly.

By all means enjoy your win but be a bit humble.

Reply #630249 | Report this post

Pizza Hut  
Years ago

Don't feed the troll

Reply #630250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While this is a dumb thread, wildcats fans copped it all year from people glad to see them fail. Those guys deserve a bit of shit.

Reply #630252 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Fair points except for the person who DARED say I was a troll. I certainly am not.

I reiterate my point about the wildcats CULTURE and I say do not sleep on DKD. There is a fire in his eyes when he plays and a hunger to learn. Trev will guide him into being a VERY strong player who can play big minutes, play hard, give 100% and be a great leder.

Reply #630262 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I dare you to not capitalise for emphasis

Reply #630264 | Report this post

ROFLcopter  
Years ago

Gleeson is a flog!

Reply #630284 | Report this post

Pizza Hut  
Years ago

If it quacks like a duck...

Reply #630286 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Reverse troll

Reply #630287 | Report this post

Jess  
Years ago

Best move to let Bevo go, well done to our championship coach in Gleeson. Bevo 1 championship 3 losses Gleeson 3 championship.

Reply #630291 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Bevo one grand final with a healthy Damian Martin, Gleeson three grand finals with a healthy Damian Martin.

Coincidence?

Reply #630292 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

If you replace the word 'culture' with 'sugar-daddy' in the OP then it makes a lot more sense.

Reply #630294 | Report this post

Jess  
Years ago

What excuses for the two other grand finals ??? Jack would be laughing at letting Bevo who chokes in the grand finals. Well done jack

Reply #630295 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

DKD and Bragg especially, seem to have the right attitude on the court and even on the bench during big plays that will serve them well in this team.

Can't see that from Wroe.. must cut immediately, has been around longer than the above duo and hasn't brought much at all since.

Reply #630304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now understand why people dislike us cats supporters...

Reply #630322 | Report this post

Freethrows  
Years ago

Here are Freethrows 3 golden rules for dealing with posts by Mock:

1. Don't read them.

Reply #630329 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

#AllAboutThatProfessionalism #Respect #Nielsenator #RobotLearnsToCelebrate

Reply #630338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo would have won the title too with the same team. Stupid bevo trolls.

Reply #630345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the other hand I don't see Gleeson leading a budget Hawks into a GF...

Reply #630346 | Report this post

Mmm, seems to be two sides here:

The "Gleeson is alright" crew and the "Bevsexuals"

Reply #630352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More like:

Rabid Wildcats fans who like to troll a former championship coach (how ungrateful) vs. normal, objective people.

Reply #630353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easy to say that anon when he wasn't the coach...

Reply #630356 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"Rabid Wildcats fans who like to troll a former championship coach (how ungrateful) vs. normal, objective people."

Agreed. He was the bees knees in 2010, but now feel the need to invalidate his tenure. I just don't get that at all. Lets keep in mind that Gleeson was also exposed when he had DeAndre Daniels as the star import.

Again....celebrate the Cats and Gleeson's achievements but keep it classy. Dumping on Bevo != Classy.

Reply #630358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last two posts: first one - rabid feral; second one - objective person.

Reply #630359 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

What excuses for the two other grand finals ???
What other two grand finals?

Reply #630360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The two grand finals when obviously the injuries the Cats had means Bevo is a bad coach.

Reply #630362 | Report this post

Shove it, after we dump Gleeson in a few seasons' time we'll bury him in %$^# just like we have buried every other coach we ever had , after we got rid of them.

Cat rule No 1: current coach is God after winning a championship
Cat rule No 2: current coach is crap if they lose a GF series

Reply #630366 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Haha damn, I read that as Nat at first.

Reply #630368 | Report this post

Nick Marvin  
Years ago

We expect Championships and nothing else.

Reply #630370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lovebroker the cats still made the finals with Daniels and as i remember it we had a series of injuries in the tail end of the series and undermanned in the finals.

Reply #630374 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

And they made the playoffs every year under Bevo, falling short largely due to injuries at the tail end of the season. What's your point?

Reply #630376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My point is why is Bevo even in this conversation, he quit the cats and is the coach of the hawks. Easy to say any other coach would have won the championship with this team, reality is they didn't. Do i think Gleeson is the best coach in the league? No, but ffs give credit where credit is due...

Reply #630382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is hilarious that people think bevo is this "Master" coach, just because everyone likes him as a person. He's a great bloke but only an above average coach in the NBL.

Reply #630383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bringing in Cotton was the key. $20k+ per week was also the key.

Reply #630430 | Report this post

leungtl  
Years ago

And boy did we earn that $20k+ per week back with interest!

Reply #630433 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Did he really cost $20k a week?

Reply #630434 | Report this post

Brett M  
Years ago

*Reads OP, wishes he hadn't*.

Sigh.

Apologies from Wildcats fans all. It looks like one of the kids got out of their cage again....

Reply #630436 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

If so it will soften the GF loss blow for the Hawks once their cut of the cap tax lands in the bank

Reply #630437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$25,000 per week.

Reply #630585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that sustainable in NBL... Bendat croaks goodbye buying titles.

Reply #630610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best tales are the ones that grow taller over time. Will it be $30k per week tomorrow?

Reply #630612 | Report this post

Red74  
Years ago

Bogut being cut from cavs and coming back to oz to recuperate = sign him wildcats

Reply #630657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The cotton $20k a week rumours hold some truth.

He's the highest paid wildcats import ever - based on his tenure. What he got in his short time is probably what most imports get for a full season.

It's good for wildcat fans as the front office will see money = results. So they may spend again next season.

Reply #630662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's not have the facts get in the way of those who know nothing.

Reply #630664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

20g Aus is about 15g US, I reckon it's quite feasible for a player of his talent, pedigree, certainly by the time you add in housing and other on costs. A good investment for return, no Cotton no premiereship.

Reply #630666 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I wonder what the extra profit would be for the Cats from hosting 3 playoff home games + championship & general merch sales + possible additional sponsorship & memberships as a result of being champs, all which which they would have missed out on if they'd missed the playoffs.
I'm guessing it would offset Cotton's salary + cap tax bill.

Not that you can apply that same logic across the board, since all 8 teams can't go out and invest in a Cotton and win the title as a result, but it worked out pretty well for us this season.

Reply #630669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why can't the numpties understand the permutations of what spending a little to gain a lot? So many numpties. So clueless

Reply #630705 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:53 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754