Mat
Years ago

Blanchfield signs with Sydney Kings

Todd Blanchfield has signed with Sydney for the next 2 seasons. Great pick up for them and good for him in my opinion.

Topic #41094 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

couldnt have gotten out of Melb quicker!

Reply #631751 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

Woo hoo.

Reply #631752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not really. He goes from one dude coach (Dean D) to another (Gaze). Under Vickerman it would've been interesting to see how he went.

Reply #631753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dud not dude, lol

Reply #631754 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Should be useful for them. They had/have their frontline scorers but needed some reliability in the gaps. After a while, their bench started looking a bit thin.

Reply #631758 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Destined for another role playing gig as at best fourth wheel with the Kings.

Needed to have a shot with a team where he could push his game to another level (if he indeed has another level)

Reply #631767 | Report this post

Ricky  
Years ago

I know, the Crocs! oh wait....

Reply #631770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tod always takes the best offer, should be a good sign for the kings though.

Reply #631771 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

FSTOS, That's just it I think Blanchfield is content not having to be relied upon to be a primary offensive option and probably being well paid for it too.

Even though he was 'hidden' a bit at Melb I expected to him re-sign with them but looks like he's going right into a pretty similar situation behind Lisch & Newley.

Reply #631772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He seems way passive in personality for me. If you to be the man you need to take it.

Reply #631774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He seems way too passive in personality for me. If he wants to be "the man" you need to take the bull by its horns, so to speak.

Reply #631775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another player added to the Kings roster that doesn't play defense!!

Reply #633068 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Didn't Blanchfield get Unitards DPOY award? Although, now I type it out, there's probably not a lot of competition for that award...

Reply #633112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unitard haha... nice!

Reply #633116 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754