A
Years ago

Adelaide Arena Bench Configuration

This should have been done years ago-

'For 2017/18, there are changes that may affect season ticket holders, this includes the relocation of the team, score and statistics benches to the Northern side of the court as requested by the NBL and broadcast.

A limited amount of Floor seats will be offered as season tickets on the south side of the court, which will include; floor seat, membership, car park pass and a ticket to the 2017/18 Awards Night. These seats will be the ultimate seats in the Arena and are at a premium price point.'

Topic #41097 | Report this topic

miracle.touch  
Years ago

What stadium is that?

Reply #631849 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Adelaide or New Zealand. Probably Adelaide.

Reply #631850 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Adelaide

Reply #631852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yesss finally the league is standardising bench locations. Adl config was ridiculous.

Reply #631858 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

bugger, I like sitting opposite the benches so you get to see whose coming in and going out , coaches getting "T"ed etc.

anyone in row H on Southern side want to swap ?

Reply #631865 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

I'm stoked. It gives the fans watching on tv a view of the bench's reaction to the game. I'm sick of the 90ft rolling LED screen running ads all game.
Also good for the fans at the game sitting courtside. I've sat that close and it is amazing. Already checked with the 6ers for available season tickets and it wasn't cheap.

Reply #632019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players and coaches won't like sitting at the ends behind the rolling LED advertising... Horrible.

Reply #632022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which every other team does.

Reply #632024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #632022... facepalm

Reply #632025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And every team and coachinng group hates it.. Face palm right back at you...

Reply #632029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah ok every team hates league standard configuration.

Reply #632033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then the standard needs to change.

Reply #632036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The standard in Adelaide is changing... to *THE* standard. :)

Reply #632037 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Where are the benches in the NBA?
Oh that's right, every single team sits opposite the camera.
They must be onto something. The scorers bench will still be digital and run ads I'd imagine.

Reply #632067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you all bothered to read my comments properly I have no complaints about access for TV coverage on opposite side. My issue is courts that have full court sideline length LED marketing screens impeding sideline access to benches and the impact it has on the coaches and players bench space. Most if the NBA does not have this issue, benches have full sideline acess just as the Sixers do now so stop bringing up responses that are sarcastic and lacking any form of rationality. Comments made were genuine in the best interest of supporting the needs of the team above advertising which has already entered the score board at sixers and manybhave complained about that as has players who just want to see the five on courts stats.. Yes see, in large enough font so they can read it. We can't have viewing and advertising not supporting the team above all else. Just sayin.

Reply #632072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We understood you and ADL are going to the NBL standard NOT the NBA norm which you've now gone off on a tangent about. Oh and those evil ads without them there is no club.

Reply #632081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once again, maybe the standard needs to change and those adds do not need to expand an entire sideline, especially when they are repetitive, the NBL won't collapse if they are a little shorter and favourable to teams to reduce frustration and hnece a better product maybe with coaches and teams being looked after . No amount of your aggressive attitude towards me and my dofferent opinion will change my mind and I can have an opinion too so twke gour arrogance and redirect it. I did not go off on a tangent l, you just have a fixed mindset where others don't. Maybe some of the NBL decisions are not the right ones and itnis okay for us to question them. Seriously...do you have a vested interest in this signage or can't take constructive criticism...

Reply #632093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ Wow, someone's a tad too emotional about the standardising of league bench configurations.

Reply #632197 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Would it not be easier to move the tv camera to the other side?

Reply #632232 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Relocating the camera would be too simple, surely?

Obviously much better to go with the cost, difficulty and mess of relocating the bench with all the changes to seating configurations [those seats are fold-away, remember, not fixed] and relocation of the electrical and computing infrastructure!

And yes, I'm being sarcastic.

One can only hope that, if this reconfiguration is actually achievable and goes ahead, it means there will be space - and facilities - for the court announcer beside the score bench so he can actually see what the officials are doing and tell the crowd [a vital part of his role], which is jolly difficult from his current position stuck on the baseline.

Reply #632257 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:06 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754