anon
Years ago

Div 1 girl playing but never on the scoresheet

Would there be a reason that a girl from SA Country playing in (i wont name the club) for about 7 games out of summer and also 2 games now in winter, yet is not listed as an official player on the website and obviously not scoresheet as well.

Is this dodgy or am i stupid and there could be a legit reason for this? She is basically a ghost at the club - doesn't train, no one but the 1s know her name and yet there she is, week in week out.

Topic #41159 | Report this topic

Well Read  
Years ago

The players listed on fox sports pulse isn't official. Often that list isn't updated because the admins can't be bothered, but she would be registered in BSA's (official) system.

"obviously not scoresheet as well" - so you've seen all the scoresheets from the games she has played?

Reply #633034 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

The scoresheets are uploaded more often than not and the players in the game are listed. 9 games in, what are the chances that BSA couldn't be bothered to just write in one player each time? the other 8 are listed every week.

Why so vicious in response Well Read? it was a question as i am baffled by it.

Reply #633036 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

sounds sketchy. Maybe she shouldn't be playing there or something.

Reply #633039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same thing happens at ajc and bqjbc

Some of the top performers don't show up.
Top 5 players too.

Reply #633041 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

OP - where do her points go on the scoresheet? Are they allocated to other players or do the scores just not add up?

Reply #633043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Witness protection.

Reply #633050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP. Wild guess, but I'm guessing she is a good player?

But does it really matter?

How many of these girls will make it to Sate League/SEABL/WNBL/WNBA or any other high level?

Important thing for this generation is they are having fun, enjoying the game, socializing in a team environment and playing some sport.

Lighten up a little as stop being so protective.

My two boys had terrible junior careers due to helicopter parenting. Too many parents living vicariously through their children's achievements in sport, drama, activities, beauty pageants, etc, wanting to be their coach or team manager, etc

The cream rises to the top, the good ones don't need any additional help to be good.

Reply #633055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Parents take it too seriously. Chill out it's about fun at the end of the day. The funny thing is these same parents don't take academics seriously enough even though that is what most children will need in future. Only a small percentage become pro athletes. Warped priorities.

Reply #633056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Parents take it too seriously."
056, spoken like a true "professional" coach

Reply #633057 | Report this post

Years ago

dont rely on sports TG records are not correct - I believe some sort of glitch

Reply #633058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a coach #057, but you obviously are one of those parents.

Reply #633059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

056/059, not all at. From what I have seen, as soon as posters start slagging parents here, they tend to be those "hero" coaches who know everything about everything and are threatened when questioned. They are generally sad singletons who live their life through basketball and get their power through manipulation.

Reply #633061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah those coaches are sad too but it doesn't negate the fact a lot of these parents need to chill out. Many are trying to get over their own failed athletic endeavours through their children.

Reply #633062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to the original question, why not have an official from your club ask bsa about it. Might be some simple reason or it could be a rort of the system, no use asking here, things tend to go down a different path.

Reply #633064 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

It was just a question .... I don't see how what I asked then means I'm a helicopter parent!? Hardly! I barely get involved in my kids basketball ! I drive them
There and cheer them on. I look at stats of all ages and divisions because I'm a nerd like that, when I noticed she wasn't listed I kept looking and it bugged me on a "don't understand" level not a "this is an outrage" level.

What's with all the attacking kids parents here? I've noticed it's the theme in many posts.

Reply #633072 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

But what happens to her points OP? You've created a riddle inside a puzzle man

Reply #633073 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I don't know Mock. My kid doesn't play in their team. I don't understand what happens at all. I know the crew of parents from the team she plays in and we've played them twice now and she's been there, but never listed on results either under team nor match listed names.

Maybe it'll change this week I don't know.

Reply #633078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One club is continually playing unregistered players. It might be just an admin issue but start penalising the club and things will improve

Reply #633107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Omg this is still going on. When my daughter went through juniors there were parents of city based girls whinging and complaining that there little princess who wasn't very good should get a game of Div 1 over a country girl who trained once a a week. Top level sport rewards talent first it always has. Most of these country players are very talented or their parents and the clubs wouldn't be bothered. Let her play and stop trying to push a pathetic agenda

Reply #633113 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

^^^Did you actually read my post? my child plays for ANOTHER CLUB. i mention it as it is strange, not becasue i feel it is unfair for a Country girl to play over a city girl. I do not subscribe to the notion that a Country kid training once a week means they should be dropped lower. talent is talent and i agree, best kid should take top spot.

I mention the fact she is Country as i thought maybe that has something to do with the non registration.

Reply #633159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Witness protection."

this.

Reply #633186 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:00 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754