Isaac
Years ago

Boti: Kings keen on Hakim Warrick

GET ready for a big one with news coming down the pike saying Hakim Warrick, he of the 2015-16 Melbourne United crew after being recruited there by NBA buddy Josh Childress, will be back in the NBL soon and shopping at HarbourTown.

Yes, Sydney is front-running for his services with centres Aleks Maric and Julian Khazzouh seeking different pastures and the NBL moving more toward athletic running bigs than traditional post-up men.
Full story

Topic #41427 | Report this topic

Master Chief  
Years ago

Also mentions that Melbourne has gone cold on Childress but there's still interest from other teams.

Who would realistically be a chance outside of Melbourne and Sydney? I know Perth have the cash, but couldn't see that happening. Makes me wonder if Adelaide would be interested?

Reply #638263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide wouldnt have the money. Thats always what they say.

Reply #638264 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Adelaide probably would have the money if Sobey got an NBA contract or went to Europe (Assuming he has an out clause). Very unlikely but always a possibility

Reply #638273 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Didn't they get a special Randle-sponsor last time he was here to front up some more cash especially for him? Could they do something similar for Chill? Granted Josh would have a higher price tag I would assume overall, not just Randle with the 36ers... I'd hate to see him suit up for the 36ers more than I would the Unitards though...

As for Warrick, he'll soon be 35 and he averaged barely better numbers than Maric in more minutes (& was being used a lot better compared to how Gaze was using Aleks) and just going by the numbers Maric was a slightly better defender and if he was building on a previous season in the league and on the Kings, I think would be even better for it, so I'm fairly pissed that they would let him go (or, knowing them, possibly lowball offer him to force his hand) for this old guy... If it was a case of freeing up the cash for Chill and then getting Humphries in at the 5, then that's something, but going with mainly import bigs and letting Maric go is yet another blunder IMHO...

Reply #638274 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Would be an interesting move to use Warrick as their main C.

The centre position was the biggest it's ever been in the NBL last season with the likes of Jawai, Egwu, Jervis, Bairstow, Maric, Powell, Pledger, Ogilvy, Holyfield, Boone, Andersen, Hodgson, Brandt, Knight.

Given most of those guys are back or will be replaced with similar players, if they Kings are going to go with a rangy PF not known for his defence I hope they pick up someone else who can bang.

Reply #638282 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Brunson, I don't think Sobey has a Euro-out.

Reply #638284 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Giving the benefit of the doubt with respect to his age, I agree paul. Interesting gamble by the Kings if he were to be the main C. Certainly impressive scoring prowess for the starters with Blanchfield and Garlepp off the bench but defensively?

Still early days with plenty of questions. The Indian player could be the banger they'd pair him with or they may go for another defensive big to finish their roster after the backup G if Amritpal isn't good enough as main backup C.

Reply #638295 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754