SteveK2
Years ago

Kings Invitational vs American University Eagles

Thanks to James Bowman of ASN TV, commentaries by Matt McQuade and Brad Rosen. Also available through Kings Facebook page. Same squad as last game vs OU.

Topic #41674 | Report this topic

Aussie  
Years ago

Thanks mate. Any live stats as well? It's just that last time the live stream was crap for me (hopefully it's better this time)

Reply #643870 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Melbourne's stream worked well for me last night.

Reply #643871 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

live stats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/77987/18/96/37/22kbwFZUZplA/

Reply #643914 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Although feed has been perfect.

Early indications are that Humphries should never entertain the thought of shooting from outside the key.

Reply #643915 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Pretty smooth feed tonight so you can conclude that the Internet in Penrith was 56kbps dial-up.

A few interesting take-aways from the game. Humphries is very mobile compared to Maric, quick seals and rolls, a better passer. Shots a bit off tonight but he was smart enough to realize he was cold and didn't force more outside shots. The way he played the last 5 quarters should diminish some of the concerns about him starting.

Pineau stepped up big time this game and played his usual efficient game at St. Mary's, enough to justify his spot in the roster. Thoseby is a streaky shooter, needs to learn to stop chucking and attack the basket quicker to warm up.

Daly good defender and facilitator but still a bit rough offensively, pity he hurt his ankle in the second half. Acuoth didn't play well tonight, unfamiliar with the set plays and a failed lineup experiment by Gaze putting him together with Malone. Very poor chemistry between the two of them which is quite evident with him instantly playing a bit better as soon as Humphries came in for Malone.

The SBS article and the pre-game lineup report listed Acuoth as a free-agent but I heard he's already signed as DP, pretty sure Matty confirmed it during the livestream.

Reply #643921 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

Didn't see the game but didn't Humphris go 11/15? Was he really that cold

Reply #643922 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I didn't catch the 4th Q, but to that point everything Humphries took was either an easy basket in the paint, or a horrible shot from outside it. Got some great seals, but the American U. post players were not very good.

I'm not really sure what Pineau is going to bring at the NBL level. Reminds me a lot of how Hill looked before his rookie season.

Reply #643927 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Kings' invitational guards were pretty hopeless at getting the ball to Acuoth on the many occassions when he was open in the post. Nevertheless he pulled down a few boards. Needs to be a lot more aggressive in demanding the ball and when he does get the ball down low.

Reply #643928 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I was referring to his jumpshots. Humphries missed all 4 in this game. Hit two tough running right hooks with the rest being layups or dunks. Eagles bigs are definitely not at NBL level and Humphries won't dominate like he does with these games but enough there to make sure he can't be guarded half-arsed like they did with Maric. Offensively not a concern but defensively he may struggle, particularly with fouls.

Pineau a bit better than Hill at rebounding and defense probably due to his longer wingspans and better agility even though he loses out on bulk. That may not be a bad thing if they call the games like last season where bulky bruisers frequently get whistled for pushing with their pinky fingers.

Reply #643936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Jurlina played very well, far better than Thoseby, good strong body, great defence, put it on the floor very nicely, missed a few shots but overall very good.

Reply #644015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:12 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754