DerekF20
Years ago

Big Joe?

Whats the deal with Big Joe? I get the impression not alot of people think that much of him? He seems like a glorified PA? Loves himself on Socials thats for sure!

Topic #41806 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

*sits back with popcorn and waits for the smackdown...either way*

Reply #647307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like how Op starts off as if he is asking a legit question but then starts bagging him right after.

Whats the go with OP? Is he not that well liked? Does he seem like a dick to everyone else? Should he have been aborted?

Reply #647313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh i think he has done alot of good really. Trying to create buzz to a team that has traditionally been stuck in the dark ages

Reply #647317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice try DerekF20.

Big Joe yes he is a PA of sorts and does everything. Not sure what else you were fishing for?

Reply #647329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bottomline ask almost anyone that has worked with the guy they will tell you they love the guy and what he does.

Adelaide basketball is lucky to have the man.

I wish more sporting organisations had interesting, quirky personalities that engaged more with social media. It is not doing any harm at all and only builds interest.

I think there is a tall poppy syndrome in Australia and people don't want to risk standing out. Well done Joe for raising the profile of your personality and the 6ers. If people don't like it there is a button for it - "remove"/"delete"/"hide".

Reply #647330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Derek, Big Joe is great at what he does, and yes he has a personal life, so if you don't want to follow him, don't! Can't believe you seriously went on a forum to try and bag a guy by asking dumb ass questions to fish for a response.

He's outstanding for Adelaide and for the NBL! My company deals with him a lot with Sixers business.

Reply #647331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think there is a tall poppy syndrome in Australia and people don't want to risk standing out. Well done Joe for raising the profile of your personality and the 6ers.

Exactly. It's a nice change from all the boring bogans.

Reply #647336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Derek, what is it that you do? Oh yes, that's right, you bag people on a public forum and obviously have the time to consider doing it. Well done champ.

Reply #647342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone remember that infamous scene on a Fox game years ago, it was a Blaze home game when Big Joe was working for them after the Bullets collapsed.

The commentators were mentioning how Big Joe had started a diet (this was back when he was huge). Later on the camera pans to him in the crowd devouring take away. Busted. Was hilarious!

Reply #647348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did eventually lose a crazy amount of weight though.

Reply #647349 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

How

Reply #647360 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

How ANYONE can bag this guy, is beyond me. Absolute star. Selfless and hard working. He is head of operations. His social media is aweome, it's 2017 and social media is a massive tool to influence, both for membership, sponsors and also potential talent. Honestly.... what the hel kind of post was this!?

Reply #647361 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Was he granted entry into Singapore?

Reply #647362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Joe has lost about 165Kegs of late. Congrats to a hard working guy, who has a high social media profile. He doe get a lot of freebies however ;)

Reply #647369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So? Are you jealous?

Reply #647373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not at all. His weight loss is simply an outstanding life achievement. Unlike you who troll forums and probably doesn't have a life other than life under a bridge or a rock as a troll, Joe has worked consistently around the country in the NBL and basketball administration for almost 2 decades.
He puts in the extra miles for teams around the country still that he has moved on from and still has a significant involvement with them all.
The freebies are a part of life and so be it. I guess in the 'industry' you work in assuming you actually have a job that doesn't occur. Centrelink has never been one for freebies.
There are a lot of them and Joe as part of management is in that stream. So be it. Trolls just love to bait and there is the response. So now f%$# off.

Reply #647374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um I was defending him from your comment, dickhead.

Reply #647378 | Report this post

Years ago

^^^ facepalm @ these two

Reply #647388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Face palm at the toss who started this thread. Admin should delete this junk

Reply #647391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was hoping for so much more from this thread. Alas no popcorn is ever truly wasted. Big Joe has been good overall for the 36ers. His self promotion is absolutely cringeworthy but hey ill take a odd unit on the social scene, if it means my team is producing on game night in the entertainment department... but yeah is def his own biggest fan lol

Reply #647401 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Lol @ OP.

Joe is an awesome jack of all trades. Quite frankly annoyed that the new Bullets didn't snap him up before he went and rejoined Joey.

Reply #647405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Popcorn at the ready. Wasn't needed lol

Reply #648350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754