Jack Toft
Years ago

Josh Childress Arrival Video

https://www.facebook.com/Adelaide36ers/videos/10156129446513570/

Absolutely fantastic video. Sixers should be proud of the standard of this video and the way things are done. I remember when one import arrived years ago (Hodge I think) we all took the piss out of Richard Hill for wearing a moth eaten daggy old jumper he looked like he had just sheared a few rams on Barnaby Joyce's farm to great him. There were no videos like this.

Well done Sixers.

Topic #42047 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes that is Excellent. !!!!!!!!!

Great pick up great person. Good luck Josh.

Reply #653530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's a video. High quality nope.

Reply #653534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's pretty good I reckon. Not as good as Melbourne's Prather one from the other day but still good.

Reply #653535 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

That music made it feel like he was leaving.

Quality of the footage and interview were on point.

Music and tone was an odd choice.

Reply #653536 | Report this post

The quality is a vast improvement from previous years. They've done similar videos for their preseason stint in Singapore and for the other Imports this season. Way better output.

Reply #653541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Today I learned Adelaide has an airport.

Reply #653601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with TokotoRulz. From that music I was half expecting Childress to arrive with the coffin of a deceased parent or something.

Reply #653602 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Poor Josh... R.I.P buddy...

Oh, he's not dead? lol...

A nicely put together video though... You guys definitely got a good one in Chill...

Reply #653629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It really highlights how bad the KIngs are. Adelaide get Chidrees and the Kings are bypassed. Surely not

Reply #653664 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Was mentioned somewhere that Chill actually reached out to Kings first. He was bypassed by the Kings, not the other way round.

Reply #653665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't wait for JvG to be questioned on it and for him to lie saying he wasn't approached. Wrongagain is a complete worm.

Reply #653674 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Not sure that's true SteveK2, it turns out Childress & the 36ers had been in talks all offseason but he was determined to try and make an NBA team so stayed in the US so the Sixers went with Roberts instead.

When he was cut by Denver former Kings coach Joe Connelly the brother of Nuggets Pres Tim then rung Joey to let him know Childress might be interested now so Joey rung him to replace Wiggins and he immediately agreed.

Reply #653680 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I think the Kings wouldn't have been in discussions this time around, but you can guarantee they passed him over early on as they were talking up the continuing discussions and that it was up to him, but then went and signed Ellis...

If there was ANY player that you'd wait until a few rounds in to sign, it would be Chill, but they fcuked that up as well...

Bring in a local 5 *cough* *cough**cough**cough* then play Isaac more at the 4, ACTUALLY play Tommy in the first two games, then even not having a proper PG might not be as big an issue...

Then when Chill doesn't make an NBA team, you've been in constant communication, support of his making the NBA and POW, you get him in this round...

But no... fcuked things up again...

Reply #653695 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I can't recall the exact details of the written information/conversation since it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure in my mind that I've seen/heard it on at least 2 occasions that he notified his availability. The Kings politely declined.

I'm pretty sure Adelaide and a few others have had conversation with him over the years, and wouldn't be surprised that they ran parallel to each other. On one of those occasion, I recalled Childress wasn't too impressed that the consensus was that he was too old when he had initial talks with NBL teams.

Anyways that's all done and over with. Might wanna mark Nov 18th and Jan 13th though, he'll try to tear a new one against the Kings.

Reply #653716 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Exactly... Although I don't think he will have to try hard... Seeing him and Perry match up against each other would be good if we didn't have to rely on Perry to guard DJ & Hodgson! :(

I remember Chill had some comments around the "too old" comments... so glad he's back...

*wanders off to daydream about what could have been with a starting backcourt of Draper & Lisch and Chill back in Kings colours*

*sigh*

Reply #653743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When he was cut by Denver former Kings coach Joe Connelly the brother of Nuggets Pres Tim,,,"wtf?
Zodiac do you seriously beleive that to be true?

Reply #653752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is true, better beleive it.

Reply #653760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe Connelly coached the Kings?

Reply #654380 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754