Isaac
Years ago

Will any NBL players finish averaging 20+ PPG?

Will any NBL players finish this season averaging more than 20 PPG?

Current leaderboard is:

Ellis - 19.3 PPG
Clarke - 18.5 PPG
Buford - 18.2 PPG
Conger - 17.8 PPG
Prather - 17.6 PPG
Carrera - 17.0 PPG
Johnson - 16.8 PPG
Cotton - 16.2 PPG
Tokoto - 15.6 PPG
Kickert - 15.0 PPG

Ware and Goulding have had slow starts but might hinder Prather's efforts. Not sure if Ellis will sustain it, but he's a very handy scorer. Clarke is likely to be a good chance - one of few Hawks to be playing well. Carrera just through sheer relentless peskiness? Adelaide have a real spread of scorers so I don't know if DJ or Sobey could do it.

Your pick?

Topic #42073 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ROTNEI

Reply #654341 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

A very good question, the only one I think is Ellis. He's a bit of a gunner on a bad team he doesn't care about much else other than scoring so think he will make sure he gives himself a chance.

I would've said Rotnei Clarke from the past but don't think he's the same player he was before he went to Europe. Seems to have had that gunner mentality beaten out of him a bit over there and a bit more inclined to coast now if the shot isn't dropping.

Reply #654344 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cotton

Reply #654349 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Also think Cotton, I think he has started off slowly and will only get better.

Reply #654358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clarke averaged 19.5 a game after the NBL finished last year in Italy, he just needs Beveridge to give him a chance to start again

Reply #654359 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He is starting at the moment. Whoever said he's lost his gunner mentality is watching a different Rotnei to me!

Reply #654364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's possible he could average 20 but I don't think he's gunner

Reply #654367 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Cotton, Clarke and I think Carerra has the scorers mentality to hit the 20ppg club.

Reply #654368 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Rotnei Clarke w/ Hawks

2017/18 - FGA 12.3 3PA 7.0

2016/17 - FGA 13.2 3PA 6.8

2013/14 - FGA 16.1 3PA 7.9

Reply #654369 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Prather CG and Ware will all average of 16-18ppg

Bevo plays 11 so it's hard to see Rotnei cracking 20. He might give it a good shake though

Carrera plays under Fearne. No one has ever gone near 20 under him. Not even Wilson or Wilbekin

Cotton is easily the best scorer on Perth's team and will have plenty of plays run for him and plenty of court time. He's my pick.

Reply #654374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if you take out Cottons game where he scored (3 which is a massive outlier for him), it makes his average from the other 4 to close to 20. By the end of the season I reckon he'll average 20+

Reply #654375 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bevo is currently playing 10 - Ellis getting DNPs. Clarke isn't shy at the moment. I don’t think Carrera will let Fearne stop him!

Reply #654379 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ellis is a bust. Kings let him go. In answer to your question Yes. Someone will get 20+ ppg this year. If they don't shame on the NBL. It's supposed to be such a great competition ;)

Reply #654382 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I just have a feeling that the Breakers are going to rely upon Abercrombie later in the season and he can score 20 easy enough in that it looks effortless, if he is asked to show more of an aggressive manner to his offence then I think he can do it + he seems to get ally oops to him every game and other cheap points... they all count.

Conger impresses me and I think that small score last weekend vs Kings was more him showing what else he can do and he'll stay aggressive from here on out.

Rotnei yes he will too.

Will Lemanis let Any of his players score so much, I don't think so.

Bryce maybe, but a Tokoto seems good for 15 each and every game so he may take some shots away from Cotton.

Let's just hope that as a league when a player is hot that they keep going back to them and can any team defend pick and rolls this season ?

Reply #654390 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Actually Isaac you may be right, Clarke had a couple of games lately with 34/36 minutes. If he keeps getting that kind of time he is a strong chance in this Hawks team.

Carrera no way though. Fearne has his way of keeping them structured

Reply #654391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here come ROTNEI

Reply #657068 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Randle is a late addition to this list but probably most likely!

Reply #659070 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:53 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754