Jack Toft
Years ago

Adelaide v Brisbane, Dec 1

MASSIVE GAME in the context of the season.

Brisbane are all over the shop, but with former Sixers Gibbo and Peach back on the Brett Maher Court, could this be a danger game for the Sixers?

This is a must win for Brisbane, or their season will be down the Torrens like Popeye. They should be well rested with a week off, albeit voting for Pauline in their state election would be tiring enough. For the Sixers, the pressure is not as great, but games like these are the ones that should be won to secure those top 4 spots.

Tom Jervis is having a great season and will provide some headaches around the key for the Sixers tall timber. Buford will be the other bullet that the Sixers will need to make sure backfires.

Sixers need to make a statement and tonight it is up to them to stand tall.

Sixers to win

Topic #42273 | Report this topic

Bol  
Years ago

This is hardly a danger game. Brisbane are very ordinary at the moment so if the sixers drop this one they should just put the cue in the rack.

Reply #659588 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Danger game for mine. Brisbane have beaten united and cairns. They have given Perth and NZ a nudge

As said above this is the game the 36ers cant drop and should win.

Reply #659589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Danger game for Brisbane. They're rubbish and therefore I could easily picture them dropping this one.

Reply #659590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide should win this but all games can go either way similar to last season. No results are a certainty.

Reply #659601 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"This is hardly a danger game."

It is precisely this type of attitude that I am most fearful the team could have.

This thinking makes any game a danger game.

Reply #659608 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Gibbo will be back? I thought he may be a week or so away

Interested to see how Brisbane start this game, head coach is away and they had (probably) CJ in charge, did he get them cherry ripe or will the lack of time with Andrej show?

As horrible as we feel Bullets have been this season, there is just absolutely no faith this season thus far in Adelaide and they can be absolutely anything... so I'm tipping Bullets and I'd love to see Bruce start and Holt becomes spark off the bench

Reply #659682 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Adelaide by 10+

Reply #659889 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Brsbane looking good in the first half.

Reply #659961 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I didn't expect this game to be more entertaining than NZ-Perth, but here we are.

Reply #659964 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

So uhhh... no Trice on last possession?

Reply #659965 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I don't think the shot they got was the one that were planning on, but oh well, also got a wide open look by Te Rangi on the buzzer. Fun game, good finish by Adelaide, and another disappointing loss to Brisbane.

Reply #659966 | Report this post

GrannyPanties  
Years ago

Again , this team does not really function that well with both DJ and Hodgson ... Simple , do not start them both .
Add the fact that our players that need the most room to operate in Shorter , Sobey and Creek are all starting together with those 2 bigs which compounds the issue and leaves us without when subs occur .

We need to stagger our lineup even if that means Sobey is our 6th man and he can carry the second unit with Moore and Drmic . We need to find the right combinations but Joey does not seem to have a clue at the moment .

Another option for this team is to rest a player per game so that we are fresh and we do need to run so deep per game which clearly is affecting our team as not all players are having the time to find there groove game in game out .

Reply #659967 | Report this post

GrannyPanties  
Years ago

Mitch Creek is a star .

Reply #659968 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

What salary is this bloke on to instruct his team to run 4+mins of clock to protect 9pt leads? You'd think it would sink in one day that the tactic loses games, but no ...! Sadly it's bound to cost the Boomers a medal too.

Reply #659970 | Report this post

ex coach  
Years ago

No Trice or Kickett on the last play and two timeouts left.

Reply #659971 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Lemanis does a great job with the Boomers but he's been very ordinary as coach of the Bullets.

Reply #659974 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Why did Radelaide wear white?

Reply #659975 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Lemanis: "Down the stretch in that last play I should have taken a timeout. I had the wrong people in, that's on me."

Reply #659976 | Report this post

The Rooster  
Years ago

Up a paddle without a Creek - so to speak

Reply #659977 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Anybody know why Doyle wasn't listed to play tonight?

Thought Hodgson did a better job of trying to avoid fouls tonight and had a good impact for the Sixers defensively. Still getting screwed in terms of no calls on offence. He was hacked and bodied out of position a few times tonight with no call against the defender. Considering he gets called for breathing on people defensively, it would be nice if his opponents got the same treatment up the other end!

Reply #659981 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

Doyle was injured at training - ankle I think.

Reply #659988 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Adelaide wore white to alert people of the Ashes starting today in Adelaide.

For anyone that watches WWE, this game felt like a John Cena match where the opponent beats him(Adelaide) down for the whole match only for Cena to do his 4 moves of doom and win the match and that is how the match felt for me, it was so predictable that Brisbane was gonna stuff that game up.

I predicted that Holt should come off the bench and he looked much better but wow I don't know what to think of this Bullets team, they just can't be trusted and against a Breakers side that will come out smarting after their defeat also, that game would look so much different had Brisbane won.

I really hope that Bullets fans turn up to see their team as they need all the help they can fet

Reply #659996 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

ADELAIDE wore white because both Brisbane unis clash on TV with our blue

Reply #659998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see Drmic get some minutes. Want to see more please. Hustle plus

Reply #660003 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Spot on, proud! Courageous too that you admit to following the wrestling. Bullets fans should turn up to demand he be sacked.

Reply #660008 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

ADELAIDE wore white because both Brisbane unis clash on TV with our blue

Reply #660136 | Report this post

NannasAlwaysRight  
Years ago

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/why-is-near-enough-still-acceptable/

Yep, the musicman and his counterpart MC are garbage.
After 4 letters and no responses finally someone else agrees.
"get behind your 36ers"is the call with 4mins to go. So for the 3 and a bit quarters, there was shit music, "oonce oonce" crap.
game day presentation is seriously a heap of shit. they got a few games before season is over. next year the way this is going, I wont rejoin.

game is 40% of ticket, entertainment is 60%.
right now game is 30% and 10% entertainment.
useless hacks!

Oh and how precious it was that after 5 years of a life together, someone got to tell their other half how much they love them. He forget the dog though!

Reply #660177 | Report this post

Brissie definitely missed the scout on that last 36ers Play. The inbounds 1-2 for a Creek slash to the basket is one of Joey's favourites. Brisbane left him an invitation for it. Wide open!

Reply #660372 | Report this post

TM  
Years ago

What if anything do we read into Joey taking Shorter off for the crucial minutes of the last quarter?
Was Shorter just having a bad game (which he did) or is there a real disconnect between himself and coach?

Reply #660401 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

TM just a bad game. People have to stop fishing. The players are committed and want to play for this coach

Reply #660406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And you know this how Brunson?

Reply #660421 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Broken foot for Doyle. Out for 8-10 weeks.

Reply #660452 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:18 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754