Anonymous
Years ago

PAC Vs. SAINTS

this is the long awaited game between the long time rivals. PAC has had a great season finishing top 4 in the school KO and has some great talent. Saints has one NG left and have had an up and down season. the big game is this friday night. what do you think the outcome will be?

Topic #423 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ash NG may not be as good as his brothers but he has the skill to take down PAC on his own

Reply #3140 | Report this post

Seb007  
Years ago

I'm a PAC junior school student but have seen PAC play against decent teams before and they've toppled them. Even though Saints beat PAC in the soccer they won't beat us in the b-ball. And definately, PAC won't be the Poofters Around the Corner no more, Saints will be the Sh*t Prostitute Corps.

GO PAC!!!

Cheers!!!

Seb007

Reply #3141 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

ng is good but hasn't got what it takes to beat all of PAC single handed. look for a big game from the PAC gaurds

Reply #3142 | Report this post

saintsrule  
Years ago

pac have got no one and there fore have got nothing. saints all the way

Reply #3147 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

are you retarded. have you forgot about the eley's the donaldson's and the blair's on that team!?!

Reply #3148 | Report this post

slrgh  
Years ago

PAC is the better team, just like they were last year. but like last year they will crumble. donaldson will be off his game like he has been, eley will choke his open looks and blair will fire up. this is leaving the game to the role players like burgess, nguyen and will. ash NG will be calm and collected. he will not allow his team to let down the basketball tradition happening at Saints. i predict a Saints win by well over ten points.

Reply #3159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who does PAC have in the way of district players, i know Saints have a few

Reply #3163 | Report this post

slrgh  
Years ago

nick blair-norwood 18 1
chris donaldson-norwood 20 1
sam eley-norwood 18 2
sam will-forestvill 18 2
brad hayden-forestvill 18 2
andrew burgess-norwood 20 2
jay nguyen- norwood 18 3
chris mockford-woodville 18 3
david hocking-nothing

Reply #3164 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Who cares?

Reply #3167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who saints have in the way of district players?

ng- woodville 18 1

that it?

Reply #3168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are u slrgh?

Reply #3171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theres no way Ng can take down the entire PAC team on his own back - PAC will dominate the entire game. They have too many highly skilled players to be dominated by one

Reply #3176 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

if st. peters win, i am never going to write on this forum again. pac have got way too much depth for st. peters. pac by 35.

Reply #3199 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Once again, who cares about a stupid inter-col game?

Reply #3204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

for some people basman its the biggest game of their lives, there is a lot of history between these 2 skools

Reply #3206 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Well why not write about the other inter-col games between other schools?

Reply #3208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because they dont have as much tradition, these 2 skools go back over a hundred years.

Reply #3209 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

yeah, i know about the history, but sometimes teams are simply too good. in this case, i think pac will be far too good. libertine, intercol games are awesome. played in the shc-rostrevor game on the weekend, and the games are always so full of physical duels, and tight defense etc. if anyone is interested in big skool ball matches, the annual shc vs assumption college, kilmore (victoria) game is on this sunday morning at 11.30 at the shc gym. big crowd, close game expected.

Reply #3211 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

But isn't it just another Saturday morning game? I mean, how does calling it 'intercol' make it any more different.

Reply #3215 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

the fact that both teams are hyped up and ready for a huge game. Saints have won the last 5 years of inter-col. PAC wants the win badly. who knows what could happen really. it is a much bigger game aswell because of the atmosphere. a small gym packed with people from both schools wearing colours and cheering. if you have been to won you would know why people care about it. oh yeh and by the way this one is on a friday night so it isn't just another saturday morning game with a different name.

Reply #3235 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Yes I know all that, but what's the point in it all?

Reply #3264 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

tradition and a damn historical rivalry

Reply #3266 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

All seems a bit pretentious to me.

Reply #3274 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Amen Libertine.

Then again... who are we to say who should post what on here?

Maybe I just shouldn't bother reading the thread...

Reply #3279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just quietly since when is School spelt Skool???

Reply #3283 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

It' s just been something brewing that I've had for along time Jirachi, maybe because of my exposure to some of the 'daddy's boys' that have been in some of my classes.

I'm not bagging the schools, nor the players at all, just saying why just focus on these two? Why not have a thread about all the intercol games etc?

Reply #3288 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

if they want threads about other schools post them. don't come on here and say you don't care. the point is there are is a range of talant between these schools not to mention the over one hundred years of history between the two schools

Reply #3294 | Report this post

allstar 55  
Years ago

dont have any idea about the history of these games or anything. coz i go to Le fevre high, but im going for saints coz Ash NG is the man. maybe not as talented as his big broz, but can still rip a game into his teams favor. If they work as a team then anything can happen.

Go ASH!!!!

Reply #3516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ng is nothing, the pac crew can take 1 player - he's all they got

P.S have u seen that eley kids mum......she is fine - thats wat im comin out to see

Reply #3567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

amen to that brother

Reply #3569 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Someone said earlier it was another saturday morning game, well if you get 400+ people shouting their lungs out at a saturday morning game, then ill give u credit for that call, but until then intercol is the second best atmosphere of any bball game in the state (NBL beating it, but only just, due to the confined space of the saints and PAC gym) I saw saints train, and i can tell you that they wont have a chance against PAC. One man teams do not win intercols!

Reply #3694 | Report this post

Dude  
Years ago

You dudes that think saints will win are crazy. PAC finished 4th in knockout, and only went down to Pasadena by 6 at state champs. They are the third/fourth best team in the state and you rate saints ahead of them? Do you forget that a team PAC beat by 20 saints lost to by 60 the next week? Do you forget the quality of the PAC players? blair, eley, donaldson and sam will who is very underrated and may do the job on Ng. He is the best denial defender i have seen at schoolboy level. Then PAC have the luxury of Andrew Burgess off hte bench, who plays about 6 inches taller than what he is. PACs bench is far superior to any in the league, and their stars will match anything that saints have. PAC by 50

Reply #3700 | Report this post

Dude  
Years ago

and btw, all star 55, Ash Ng DOESNT HAVE A TEAM! its a one man show dude!

Reply #3701 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

sam will is one of the best on ball defenders ull see at this level, ash will have his work cut out. even if he scores 25 the rest of the team cant compete with 9 players (8 club players) all working together towards a win, which they demonstrated in coming 3rd in state knockout. seems like a tough ask to me for saints.

Reply #3704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO CBC

Reply #3706 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

'Dude' sounds so familiar....guess which one of the PAC boys he is ;)

Reply #3717 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

which one is he?

Reply #3719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well bad luck all you saints fans, PAC dominated and won both A's and B's, by roughly 20 in the A's. Sam Will and Blair denied Ng the entire game, sam eley was lethal from outside the 3, Don was unstoppable from inside. Ng carried saints but couldn't beat the strength of the PAC team effort. The team that deserved to win did. They earnt it. well done PAC

Reply #3870 | Report this post

Dude  
Years ago

what did i say? Sam Will to shut down Ng - bad luck saints, i saw the game and seriosuly had doubts that Princes weregoing to win it at half time - being down by 1 but the cream rose to he top - Sam Eley had 0 pts at half time - only to hit 4 treys in the 2nd halffrom the same spot! Donaldsons dunk was awsome and that blair kid didnt say nething to the refs!

Reply #3881 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

curious to who saints have in years to come basketball wise now that the ng dynasty is over....?

Reply #3927 | Report this post

kdfha  
Years ago

Dno about that...they have those brothers scammells...they are young and Andy Harrison, their VC has another yr! Should be an even matchup next yr when big Karl Beardsley takes over the PAC big man department

Reply #4037 | Report this post

lhguwir  
Years ago

haha king carl and his celebrations have sum work to do for next yr, but b haydon and sammy 'the glove' will will b there for sure. most of the the saints returnees seem to b guards, so b haydon shud play a big role come this time next yr....

Reply #4038 | Report this post

kdfha  
Years ago

i was being sarcastic dude..carl has height and tenacity but thats about hte only thing i can say!

Reply #4048 | Report this post

-  
Years ago

Anyone read the advertiser today? time to tone down the rivalry guys!

Reply #29763 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

That wasnt the year that played in teh intercol thats mentioned here, that group of kids is in this years intercol tomorrow night

Reply #47596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

both teams are crap get over it.

Reply #47605 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Regardless of the teams, Saints v PAC intercol is one of the most intense and exciting games of junior basketball you'll ever be likely to see, anywhere.

I'll be there tommorrow night!

Libertine, i'll save you a seat!

Reply #47607 | Report this post

pooop  
Years ago

the only intercol sts will win is the chapel one they are on top of the lader and are looking for a final at home in the class room next to the chapels office

Reply #47705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SAINTS WON!!! YEAH!!! WOO!!!
WE WON! WE WON! WE WON! WE WON!!!

Reply #47777 | Report this post

Fabregas  
Years ago

No one cares about PAC because they give scholarships to everyone who gets in the state team!!!

GO SAINTS!!!!!!!

Tell me who beat u in the head of the river ??????//

Reply #194669 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:50 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754