TokotoRulz
Years ago

Adelaide @ Perth - Friday 8 December

Tip-off: 6.30pm local time, Perth (+8.00 GMT)

Temperature: 35 Mostly sunny, 0% chance of run, UV index predicted to reach 13 (Extreme)

Traffic: Busy, people christmas shopping in the city.

Crowd: A near capacity attendance due to the long break between games.

Tale of the Tape

Perth V Adelaide

0 - Number of Doyles Out - 1
105 - Minimum 3 made at practice - Unknown
0 - Wags staffed - 1 (via Childress)
1 - Ruling Tokotoz - 0

Topic #42323 | Report this topic

BULLETS fan  
Years ago

35 degrees in Perth? hot damn thats hot.Anyway Perth are the best team in the comp so they should get it done by 12

Reply #660625 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Where are you Jack Toft?

Reply #660626 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Bravo on the right up.

Reply #660628 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Here I am! Unfortunately, my wife and I have an agreement so I can't be on here all day.

You see, while she continues to spend, I continue to work.

This will be a fantastic game. It will be hot outside and even hotter inside. When it comes to Adelaide in Perth, just remember the very first game at the new stadium.....what was that score Perth fans?

Childress will get plenty of curry from the crowd and Joey is on plenty of Cat's fans Christmas Card list so I would expect a few cashed up FIFO bogans to have a sore throat tomorrow morning, and even be a bit horse after all the shouting.

Perth have won 3 of their last 4 and sit second on the ladder. Bryce Cotton "Socks" is understandably Perth's scoring machine, but what about Lucas "I'm too sexy for my shirt" Walker. 10.8 PPG. Is that a typo? No. He's having the best season of his career. Obviously something in Perth is agreeing with him. Has he got a new girl (or possibly boy these days - not that it matters) friend over there he's trying to impress? Maybe he had found God?

Obviously Damian Martin is The Omen when it comes to Perth's success. When he has a great game, Perth get up and when he don't, Perth are all out of sorts like a ISIS jihadi without an infidel.

For the Sixers, these are the types of games they need to get to show the Pussycats they are serious contenders and not along for the free boat ride on the Swan River. To get this one, they really need to believe in themselves and create the ball movement to off foot the floppy cats around the key. Perth like to slow it down in defence and stop teams in transition. Remember Sixers "if you are going to foul, make sure it's a good one and they know about it"

My last few tips have been the Kiss of Death for teams, so tonight I will tip the FloppyCats by 2.

Reply #660632 | Report this post

TokotoRulz  
Years ago

A win for Perth and I think they set themselves apart.

A win for Adelaide and I think they show they can hang with the big boys (perth/NZ)

Reply #660633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cottons 105/110 three's at training is ridiculous, hopefully some of that continues in the game

Reply #660634 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Cotton was unguarded though so not sure what to make of it. They did try to put him off a bit but he didn't make those shots under heavy duress.

Reply #660635 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Adelaide play very well in Perth as don't the breakers. Comes down to bench scoring both talented team's. It's defence for Perth to try and stop the transition, Sobey and creek need to play well and dj loves playing Perth.

Reply #660638 | Report this post

Liotzy  
Years ago

PERTH! Awesome team!

Reply #660643 | Report this post

Fool  
Years ago

Im predicting a draw. With the cats to win in the penalty shootout. Greg hire to be player of the match with a hat trick

Sobey will be kicking himself for that offside late in the game that cost the 36ers the chance at sealing the game late.

Reply #660666 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'm going Adelaide in this one

Reply #660672 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

I am with you Manu. Unfortunately I have hurt the chances of you being successful with your prediction by putting money on Adelaide. Sorry about that!

Reply #660676 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Ah you bastard.

There's some good juju on my end so it'll even out.

Sixers by 6

Reply #660679 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I was saying Adelaide to win ironically

Reply #660685 | Report this post

Years ago

5 to 1 foul count in the second. Gotta love home cooking.... oh wait

Reply #660686 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

What happened to creek?

Reply #660688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Homocide baby what is you doing

Reply #660689 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Came in late! Whats up with Mitch Creek! Why is he out for the game?

Perth usually get an armchair ride at home with refs. Hoping that era's over!

Reply #660690 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek with an upper thigh injury early. Mayberry is a flog

Reply #660691 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Creek appeared to strain a glute in the first couple of minutes of the game.

Reply #660692 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Homicide/Redhage partnership on commentary is my guilty pleasure.

Reply #660693 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

These refs have lost the plot, that is not a flop warning

Reply #660694 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Home cooking? Looks like it's takeaway tonight?

Reply #660695 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yes, Perth are being so hard done by the refs tonight @ home... AGAIN. Jeez.

Reply #660696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's always weird when someone defends at a 45 degree angle, don't know why you'd do that

Reply #660697 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The rude home cooking they get in Perth doesn't even bother me that much anymore, you factor it in.

Reply #660699 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Wheres wagstaff?

Reply #660700 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

I guess the 5 step travel not called is home cooking? I stick by my statement these refs have lost the plot. Or are the people here that one eyed your going to defend that no call??

Reply #660701 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

lol... was that 6 or 7 steps for Moore on the catch? Not quite Dan Majerle-level travelling, but close.

Reply #660702 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

@ J; no one will defend that no-call. That's just shitty refereeing.

Reply #660703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the new FIBA travel rules made the refs just not call any travels.

Reply #660704 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Here come all the bogus calls

Reply #660705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Homocide and Redhage back and forth is quality

Reply #660706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton picking the wrong shots

Reply #660707 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Jesus, zero BPM Lucas Walker. The man is clinically dead

Reply #660708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here come all the bogus calls

Really? Try harder. The game has been full of bogus calls. 36ers getting away with pushing and holding all game.

For travels, there were three other obvious travels not called, and the DJ gets done?

Reply #660709 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The bogus Martin strip

The bogus DJ travel

The bogus DJ tech

The refs ruined what was a close game.

Reply #660710 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

As I said plot lost.

Reply #660711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WildGOATS

Reply #660712 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Perth riding the umpires armchairs again. Nothing Changes unless they're perhaps they're playing Melbourne!!!

CRAP!

Reply #660713 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

There he is!!!

Reply #660714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bogus Martin strip

The bogus DJ travel

The bogus DJ tech

The refs ruined what was a close game.

Cheery picking. Open the other eye. Pretty sick of these types of comments. If you want to talk about it, how about making a case by analysing all the calls of the season. Give us some bad call stats. Your comments are just noise.

Reply #660715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How the fuck was that unsportsmanlike? Eyes on the ball the whole time and it wasn't even that hard.

Ridiculous

Reply #660716 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

The old Wagstaff theater running again.

If I was sixer I would seriously take someone out.

Its called umpire frustration!!!

Reply #660717 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It's unsportsmanlike because it was a fastbreak and he was behind the break.

Reply #660718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reaching across with bad defensive position on a break. It's the right call, with the current rules.

Reply #660719 | Report this post

BULLETS fan  
Years ago

I have to agree with williams right now Walker is the best aussie PF in the league

Reply #660720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wowee way to totally impact and change the course of a game. So sick of umpires thinking everyone is there to watch them. I'm just about done with Nbl after 30 years of following it. All because of the ridiculous umpiring.

Reply #660721 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah when Williams said Walker was the best Aussie PF my first reaction was "Oh come on Corey...." and then I thought about it. Who is better?

Reply #660722 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Joey the Joke

Reply #660723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow there are some sore losers and they are always the same pathetic ones

Reply #660724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lachie was particularly savage on Corey tonight

Reply #660725 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

I'm actually mortified by what was happening on court. AFL is easier to understand to a newbie than whatever that was. Both ways really it was just confusing.

Reply #660727 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Adelaide didn't turn up in the first quarter, and in the last quarter Johnson just proved why he never makes Boomers teams. He was excellent offensively and undid it all with a horrifically timed brain fart. If not for the brain fart anything could have happened. Perth just proved why they deserved to be title favorites. I think they'll threepeat this year.

Reply #660729 | Report this post

Creek pings a hammy, Randle reckons he's sooking because Tokoto scored two buckets on him. Muppet. You'd reckon he'd have a better read after two seasons in Adelaide.

Reply #660730 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Perth probably would still have won but the refs screwed up a tight ending and made it a dud finish. Nice work. Again.

Reply #660731 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Joey seems to have zero control of his players, and there are no leaders on the court. Calling time outs and fouling when your 10 down with a minute to go just looks sad.

Reply #660732 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Anyone have video of the travel?

Reply #660734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm actually mortified by what was happening on court. AFL is easier to understand to a newbie than whatever that was. Both ways really it was just confusing.

Agreed.

Both calls and non calls were mystifying. Must be frustrating for the players. Inconsistency is hard to deal with.

I also wish players could be allowed some emotional outlet on court. Throwing the ball is not great, and a foolish risk, but not really all that bad either.

I thought both coaches arguing with refs was probably worse. I wouldn't mind seeing those warnings coming earlier. They should be allowed to make their case once, but not repeatedly making the same case. That's annoying for everyone, and doesn't help the refs.

Reply #660736 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Perth were 10 points to zip and only won by 9 in the end. Lets see how they rebound on Sunday. In general and from this loss.

Reply #660737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the first quarter was called fine but then it's as if they had a netting and said we aren't doing enough here let's make this shithouse

Reply #660738 | Report this post

TonneZ  
Years ago

wright is worst person in the league always complaining and bitching and moaning about everything what a prick

Reply #660741 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Adelaide needs to institute the jug rule

Get a tech, buy a jug for the team at end of season function.

Except they're professionals and their games matter, so up the ante. Tech means a blue label Johnnie Walker or a high end Cuban cigar

Reply #660744 | Report this post

billt  
Years ago

Why bother to go to Perth, just forfeit,and save the money .
You know the refs will screw you over, so want is the point. game on the line and a snotty ref decides he wants to make his Mum proud. time to turn of the TV and go to bed. what a farce.

Reply #660745 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Sore losers are entertaining

Reply #660753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the game is in the balance, the refs do like to favor the Wildcats

Reply #660755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would the refs favour the Wildcats when the game is in the balance? Explain the logic to that. Are all the refs from Perth?

Reply #660756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simple....home crowd.
The place is daunting, not just for players, but for referees as well.
Just human emotion

Reply #660757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is that a reason to bitch and moan about refs then?

Reply #660758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't see a problem with Perth crowds getting stuck into refs or opposition players and fans...the more intimidating the better. Pity the other clubs have such piss weak crowds

Reply #660761 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Did anyone screen shot or know exactly what Randle tweeted about Creek? He's obviously deleted it.

Reply #660762 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

NZ came over and won...maybe your team is just shit.

Reply #660765 | Report this post

Ugly Igley  
Years ago

Randle's tweet:
https://twitter.com/Charlie_APWS/status/939099365766860801

Reply #660766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol you've got to be kidding me, Adelaide definitely had the better run with the umps during the 2nd and 3rd quarter. Yeah Perth may have had a couple of calls go their way late (like all home teams do), but the only reason it became close was the refs trying to keep Adelaide in it. IMO the Cats looked in control the whole game and never looked like losing despite what the score may have said.

To me it almost felt like the refs started thinking during the 2nd quarter "gees Wildcats are up 10 we'd better make sure this doesn't turn into a blow out early and keep the game interesting for viewers" but then during the 4th quarter when it came back to a 2 point game they though "Shit we' may have over done it, better make sure the Cats still get the win".

Reply #660767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Timberball Perth went over to NZ and won over there does that mean NZ are shit....sore loser

Reply #660768 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Lol, I'm a Cats fan... my comment was in response to the anon who says there is no point playing in Perth coz the refs favour the cats.

Reply #660769 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Adelaide's Josh Childress takes aim at NBL’s social media tactics

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaides-josh-childress-takes-aim-at-nbls-social-media-tactics/news-story/2a8ba79b955b3b3885f6d67ea713e01c

Not happy about the NBL using his hit on Wagstaff as a way to promote the game.

Reply #660793 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Anyone have video of the travel?

For anyone who missed it (i.e. if you weren't at the game, don't have Foxtel, or are an NBL ref ;)

Reply #660804 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I noticed Josh's tweets last night and pretty much agree with him.
I don't mind a reminder tweet, but it felt like overkill to me yesterday.

Reply #660805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Gleeson really needs to stop going 10 deep and giving Hire his 8-10min a game, just feels like a bit of over coaching to me. In a 40 min game i reckon 9 players should be enough barring injury/foul trouble/blow outs (if you look at box scores around 9 seems to be the amount most other coaches go with in their rotation) .

Split those 8-10min a game and give guys like Tokoto, Stiendl, etc an extra few minutes, I'm sure they'll be able to handle it. Hire's been great for us over the years and can have his good moments here and there, but he doesn't offer too much these days. I think the rotation would look much better splitting his minutes between another 2-3 players.

Reply #660809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson was probably going 10 deep because the Cats are playing again on Sunday but what would I know? I am not a professional coach.

Reply #660810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hire can mess up so many times and yet still get minutes. He really needs to go

Reply #660814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Gleeson was probably going 10 deep because the Cats are playing again on Sunday but what would I know? I am not a professional coach."

Possibly, in general though he still often plays 10

Reply #660818 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

If Josh Childress is ashamed of that thuggish act being shown, why did he voluntarily carry it out in the first place?

Reply #660821 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

As he said, he's owned what he did, apologised, taken his punishment and moved on.

He's upset the league is using a negative incident to promote the game. He has a point. There's no other sporting organisation in the world that would do that sort of stuff - you think the NBA would use the Malice in the Palace footage to promote Detroit v Indiana games?

Reply #660823 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Just because he has moved on does not mean the footage will never surface again.

My comment is not about the league's professionalism. I would prefer the league not use this to promote the game but they have.

I find it incredible that he is the one complaining when he is the one that gave the league the footage in the first place.

Ohhhh...and 'owning' it includes accepting it will come up again at the league's, the commentators' and the public's pleasure.

Reply #660827 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"There's no other sporting organisation in the world that would do that sort of stuff."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wchGS7ZiiTA

Reply #660828 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIcdbxzrtbI

Reply #660829 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

They are sporting teams, not sporting bodies.

Reply #660833 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

It is a bit hypocritical for a sporting body to suspend a player for an incident, and then use that same incident to promote its game. Surely?

Reply #660834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It is a bit hypocritical for a sporting body to suspend a player for an incident, and then use that same incident to promote its game. Surely?"

Considering the suspension was that small, the NBL probably don't view the incident as a big deal lol

Reply #660835 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Didn't he serve that suspension when injured anyway? Was anyone else worried for take 2 when wagstaff set a screen on him?

Cheers for the video link

Reply #660875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After that screen I was waiting for something for Ste but maybe Childress has matured

Reply #660893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:58 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754