Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Breakers, Dec 10

An early injury to Creeky was a setback to the Sixers and rumour is he is out today. I say put a felt hat on him and move him around the stadium like an Elf on the Shelf.

The Heart Breakers are top of the table and could slip to #2 with a loss. Sixers will tumble to 5th with a loss.

To be honest, I thought the Sixers were a bit ordinary on Friday night. (not Melbourne United ordinary, not even Sydney Kings ordinary - they weren't THAT bad) The injury to Creeky would have put them off the game, but stuff like that happens and good teams adjust. I hope they adjust today.

What can we say about those Heart Breakers? One thing for sure is they will be fresh. First game this round for them and they would have left the chilly Auckland weather behind for some fine sunny Adelaide weather. They've probably done a bit of shopping this morning in the CBD - Oh, that's right it's Sunday morning, shops are shut.....

It's a hard round for the Sixers playing 1 and 2 this round. I'm expecting those Breakers to get out of the blocks quickly and should go into the first break up by 5. Sixers need to come back strongly and run the safe plays each possession to get the points. It should be about taking risks today. Just get the job done. If they do that, Sixers by 3.

Topic #42338 | Report this topic

Ayjay  
Years ago

Keep Teys off the court please!

Reply #660978 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Missing our best player again will likely be too much to overcome. Would love to see Sobey finally have a breakout game but I don't think his head is right this season.

NZ by 12.

Reply #661000 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I reckon Sixers will come out strong and lead by around half a dozen at quarter time.

Reply #661032 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Why is Creek rocking up in ripped jeans?

Unprofessional.

Reply #661033 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Apparently we're not doing shot clock violations anymore.

Reply #661034 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Because he doesn't have an onion to wear on his belt? Who cares if he's sitting there in his PJ's.

Reply #661035 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Jeans like that should be heavily reduced as scratch and dent stock/smaller price because some material is missing. I'd say Creek is just a smart shopper.

Reply #661036 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Pretty sweet call that you wouldn't bank on getting away with too many shot clock violations on the road.

Reply #661038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ventilated jeans just make sense in the summer months it's that simple

Reply #661039 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Homicicde is THE NUMBER 1 biggest COCKHEAD in NBL commentary. Don't bother arguing, I'll just keep talking over you because I AM RIGHT

Reply #661040 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Homicide is crushing it today, getting better and better weekly

Reply #661042 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The only thing that makes Homicide somewhat passable is when paired with Redhage.

Reply #661043 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

That tech on drmic was the worst call of all time. Sosa stood on his foot. Just pitiful officiating

Reply #661049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just wait until New Zealand score to call the tech, so just give away another 2 points as well. WTF?!

Reply #661050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That tech on Drmic was a disgrace.

Reply #661052 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

To be fair live it looked like a massive flop by Drmic and with the Sobey flop earlier it's a tech, it was only on the replay you could see Drmic actually lost balance.

Reply #661055 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

Rubbish. You could tell live he just lost his footing.

Reply #661059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If we blew that I would have started a petition to get Joey sacked.

Reply #661061 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Thanks 6ers! :)

Reply #661062 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Death, Taxes and 36ers choking the unchockable

Reply #661063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic is a flopper, probably an unlucky call but when you hit the floor as often as he does you are in the firing line.

Reply #661067 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Corey was the "kiss of death' for the Breakers. We did well to only lose by 3, after never being in the game.
Childress, Johnson, Sobey too good for us. Deserved win for 36ers.

Reply #661069 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Spot on we saw after that Drmic do another flop, he has a reputation he's known for it and thus doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Reply #661070 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Henare's spitting the dummy in the presser.

Reply #661072 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Talking to Scott Butler is a waste of time. That's going to close to a fine.

Reply #661073 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Pretty rich the Breakers always get good home cooking in NZ

Reply #661074 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Pretty hot on the refs. No fines will result but amazing that they got hammered the poor old refs.

Reply #661075 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

Regardless of the player if you can't tell the difference between a flop and an obvious trip you've got no business officiating professional basketball.

Reply #661080 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

NZ bigs couldn't handle Johnson and Deng. Too quick for them.

Reply #661082 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

such bad refereeing. again.

Reply #661084 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I agree Snooch. I was courtside and the Sobey "flop" happened right in front of me. He just lost his footing and fell to the ground. He wasn't trying to deceive the refs into calling a charge.

Just because the defender falls over doesn’t automatically mean it’s a flop every time. There are other reasons why the defender isn’t able to keep their feet!

The problem for Drmic and Sobey to a lesser extent is that they have reputations now. So when they hit the floor the refs automatically call a flop rather than actually assessing the play on its merits.

Reply #661085 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

"To be fair live it looked like a massive flop by Drmic and with the Sobey flop earlier it's a tech, it was only on the replay you could see Drmic actually lost balance"

-Dumb comment. You call it how you see it. And you dont make stuff up or guess. It was the WRONG call, regardless of what Drmic reputation is.

Reply #661091 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

If they referee'd the Defense , they wouldn’t be caught out all the time second guessing what happened. Too many call over this eeek alone which has called the effect and not the whole action.

Reply #661093 | Report this post

Years ago

4 of NZ players on the bench fouled out and all you guys bitching about is a flopping call?

Reply #661097 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Who cares if Creek is wearing jeans.
"Unprofessional" haha

Reply #661100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Most professional clubs ensure their players are at least in a club polo and trousers when injured.

Reply #661102 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Nobody is whining about 4 players fouling out because all the fouls looked legit.

Reply #661104 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Hodgeson sat with foul trouble too. All the big fellas were getting fouls against the quicker blokes.

Reply #661105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Williams the idiot thinks people actually care what he thinks. I'm calling you out Casper Ware or Cotton. No Williams, they dont give a rats ass what you say or think. He was a hack who couldnt shot to save his like and is a terrible so called expert. He thinks he is funny but in reality he is nothing more then an idiot.

Reply #661115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic May have lost his balance but that doesn't mean it is not a flop. He did so in a contact situation against a player with the ball.

Makes me laugh when one play is made such a big deal of. Most reasonable people will know that refs ( like players) make mistakes. You cannot judge a ref in one play. It is like judging a player on one missed shot.

You judge refs on the overall performance. Consistency.

Reply #661117 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Drimic was no flop, he did trip, so it was just a "no cal"l.
Really worried about Sosa, 2 assists is not his game and he let Sobey, Teys bother him far more than I would have expected given his experience. He seemed to take it personally and kept trying to score on his own.
Hopefully growing pains.
Penney might have to go to "on balls" to get open. His offence and Abercrombie's are vital going forward.

Reply #661118 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Drimic May have lost his balance but that doesn't mean it is not a flop.
That's actually exactly what it means.

He did so in a contact situation against a player with the ball.
Irrelevant.

Reply #661120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game by Sixers spoilt by 3to 4 minutes of Clark era trying to lose a unlosable game . Just when you think Shorter actually losing like a import PG,he with help of others create comical like turnovers in a row to give NZ a smell.
If Childress and Sobey can and allowed to produce what they showed last night we could go one step further than last year.

Reply #661123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops needed to edit post before sending post.
But whilst in return post saying sorry, must ask why does Jack Toft give us his insightful preview but never posts on the game.

Reply #661124 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Going on the logic in previous comments it looks like tripping over is flopping right?

Reply #661127 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"Just when you think Shorter actually losing like a import PG"

Is that you Zodiac? He has been a point guard since day 1. He had 2 turnovers in 32 minutes to go with 4 assist. Hardly a bad game.

Reply #661130 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Shorter was far better vs NZ than his game in Perth

Couple of errors that all players had just highlighted because of when they occurred. I also get that you don't want your studs messing up in crunch time.

Reply #661133 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

The team organization looked a bit shakey at the death but at least you can work on it at training. When you play so deep and spread the minutes it can mean they all start looking at each other instead of getting it done. Shorter seemed to want to wind the clock down at the end but then the options weren't there when he wanted to get the offence going.

Reply #661134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorter looked a little shell shocked at what Perth serves up and gets away with. He probably has never played a game where refs allow so much crap on court. He'll be better next time and ramp up a gear.

Reply #661138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Shorter played better but those errors at crunch time are not why all clubs get import P G. That drive into packed key way was more than stupid especially when had in form D J Childress and Sobey as options

Reply #661140 | Report this post

That drive into the key was a decent move. If he hadn't lost a handle on the ball he probably would have drawn a foul.

The umpiring was terrible both ways, as usual. How NZ didn't end up with a flop warning until the last quarter is a mystery. Paul Henare questioning 4 players fouling out is a bit rich with the hands-on way they play. "When does that happen?". You tell me Paul, NZ have had 4 players foul out on 3 occasions in the last couple of years.

Reply #661144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He lost a handle of ball because he ran into trouble with bad move .
The ball didn't jump out of his hands.

Reply #661164 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Drmic is a huge flopper. He is an arm waving sook - kind of reminds me of an A league player. Can NOT stand him and i am a sixers fan.

Reply #661185 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"That drive into the key was a decent move. If he hadn't lost a handle on the ball he probably would have drawn a foul."

How can it be a 'decent move' when he lost his handles?

Reply #661208 | Report this post

GrannyPanties  
Years ago

Still this team has not found its identity .

Johnson and Hodgson should not be in the court together is it clogs up our offense and renders our D soft in the Middle . Simply put stagger there minutes. Start Childress at the four .

Would like to see Moore used more and same for Drmic. Especially early on to get them into the game.

I know Sobey is a starter but he can play 28-30 minutes as a 6th man coming on after 4-5 minutes .

Why have 3 creaters starting with 2 lumps that clog the lane . Hodgson is a finisher not a post player .

Our strength is our run yet Joey seems to be struggling to find complimentary combinations .

This team has a chance to find it self but still not sure it will do nothing else but be inconsistent in performance yet consistent in its frustration .

Reply #661243 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:50 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754