Anonymous
Years ago

Did Indy win the Paul George Trade?

Looks like Indy may get have actually won the George trade with both Olafipo & Sabonis plating well with a good record in the east Vs OKC who are sub .500

OKC probably can't blame George for there record but if he skips town st the end of the season you’d Cleary say Indy won the deal with two really nice assets on the roster

Topic #42346 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You could definitely make that argument. Dipo has exploded

Reply #661195 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Can't say Victor was guaranteed to explode like he has, but a dramatic improvement was always on the cards. He's very much a homebody and generally turned it on (for Orlando and OKC) whenever he played games in Indiana. He's never going to leave, even if he turns to shit.

Losing two good young players in Vic and Sabonis for a one-year rental of PG, OKC did very much lose this one. Rare L for Presti

Reply #661196 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Against all expectations, Indy actually got a really good haul for George, but that doesn't mean OKC has lost the trade. OKC hasn't put it together consistently yet, but I still think they can be force this season.

I watched them play the Celtics early on and their defence was stifling. They are one of the few teams I've watched whose defence really made Boston work hard to score. The foundation is there for them to be a tough team, they just need to sort their offence out and give more consistent effort.

Reply #661201 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or does Westbrook make people around him worse?

Reply #661202 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Westbrook's deficiencies are certainly starting to get some attention. Saw a video on r/NBA the other day of him frequently standing around on offence - virtually no off-ball movement when his peers at PG are sprinting off screens to get free and create opportunities.

Reply #661235 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

The real losers are the Magic who traded the same package of Oladipo and Sabonis for hald a season of Ibaka before flipping him for Terrance Ross and a late first rounder. I imagine they'd prefer to have their original players back or Paul George in a heart beat

Reply #661302 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754