AshT
Years ago

Betting: NBL Round 14/WNBL Grand Final Game 1

Townsville Fire - Melbourne Boomers Under 146 @ 1.90

Rank #6 & #7. H2H; 117, 121, 139 (Rd8, no Cambage). Fire 12-11 at 149ppg but are just 3-8 at home. They were noticeably higher in the back half of H&A following an adjustment to their approach but numbers still hold up well enough for this IMO. NB. Fire 127 & 133 with Flames in Semis. Boomers 11-12 at 144ppg but just 4-7 away at 137ppg. Overall there are some pretty good under numbers about a Boomers under. A mid 140's game in a final between these two inside teams could be deemed a shootout IMO.

Topic #42496 | Report this topic

AshT  
Years ago

Sydney Kings - Adelaide 36ers Over 182.5 @ 1.90

Rank #1 & #3. H2H; 201, 198, 201. Tyler gone should help team harmony & performance. 36ers, who's totals have been solid on low rest, should be the factor enough take this over but felt I’d rather be sitting out a the higher number (184+) it is out to now.

Reply #665663 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Great analysis. I think the Fire Boomers is a strong chance. Cheers for sharing

Reply #665749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The minute these two were locked in for the GF the 'under' was my angle.. I pegged the number at 143 but this matchup is a bit unique, as their head to heads this season clearly illustrate.. was hoping to see a 150 pop up but that number will do

Reply #665771 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Melbourne Boomers 2.92 & +6 @ 1.90

I see this pretty much an even money game, wary that Fire's achilles heel during the season seems a trade off between a loaded roster and season motivation. Certainly they should be tough to beat, especially considering team depth and the late season emergence of players like Garbin and Wiese. Boomers as a team are well equipped to out hunt them tonight and the likes of second tier players Cole, Smart or Garrick are each capable of MVP performances IMO. Price has edged in a little but Boomers certainly the value play IMO.

Reply #665975 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Loved Liz's multiple attempts to throw it in the ocean to get me a push - wrong week for me to give up the drink there!

Reply #666201 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets 2.45 & +4 @ 1.90

Reportadly healthy Bullets squad on 7-days off a low rest home loss, which followed seven of eight on the road. Wildcats need to respond from out hunted Friday but bringing their best might not be so straight forward, playing their weekend B-event off a blockbuster and fatigue factor from on the road four games pior. Today looks an ideal spot for Bullets to right their ship.

Reply #666269 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

Some great calls here! Very unlucky on the Brisbane win. Cheers for your efforts I went with the Fire - Boomers Total under

Reply #666767 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I never like to whimp out of playing the moneyline but before placing the bet had the thought that I should make a special rule to only ever play Brisbane at the h'cap. No huge regrets really because at the price they were big overs regardless IMO.

Thankfully the WNBL under was a painless one.

Reply #666837 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:25 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754