Anonymous
Years ago

Family firm snaps up Violet Crumble from Nestle

While SMEs usually hit the headlines for selling out to multinationals, it is a local operator from Adelaide that snapped up the iconic Violet Crumble chocolate brand from a global powerhouse.

A chocolate maker for 150 years now, Robern Menz has secured the rights to make the chocolate-coated honeycomb treat from Switzerland-headquartered Nestlé for an undisclosed sum.

"Like many South Australians, I love Violet Crumbles, and it's great we can now all enjoy these chocolate bars knowing we’re also supporting South Australian jobs," South Australian premier Jay Weatherill said in response to the deal’s announcement.

Great news. Remember kids - it's the way it shatters that matters!

Topic #42519 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too bad a Sydney firm didn't buy the rights, imagine the perfect sponsorship opportunities.

Reply #666541 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Menz should stick to fruchocs.

I visit the factory shop when I visit Adelaide to buy my stash. I return home with ultra top level security in place. Locks, motion sensors, infra red shield, kryptonite, guard dogs and a very hungry highly venomous snake that's not technically legal to possess in this country. Can’t trust those suckers on airport security with fruchocs- they’re too damn good. Upon return, I cash in by selling a small percentage at hugely inflated prices on the booming fruchocs black market of expat crow eaters on the east coast.

Fruchocs: chocolate of the Gods

Reply #666549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF are fruchocs?

Reply #666551 | Report this post

Fruchocs are the chocolate-dipped bollocks of Jesus himself.

Reply #666565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This strange Adelaide/SA culture continues to intrigue me. Tell me more.

Reply #666567 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"WTF are fruchocs?" "This strange Adelaide/SA culture continues to intrigue me. Tell me more."

Book two weeks leave, get over to Adelaide and I'm sure we can find about ten people to show you around for a day or two. SA is the only state where Farmer's Union Iced Coffee outsells Coke. The Coke factory is closing down and moving to Queensland to fester the teeth of those banana benders.

We'll take you on Popeye, feed you frog cakes, take you up to the Barossa for some shiraz, take you cockling at Goolwa, give you a pie floater

Reply #666571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have some Fritz and go past some Stobie poles

Reply #666597 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Get some woodies lemonade and coopers stout too. For us expats, you can home brew the good stuff, but woodies needs to be smuggled via the Underground Railroad

Cultural tours for the uncultured eastern states emigres meet at the mall's balls. The tour will not include Elizabeth.

"Cause they don’t have fritz in Sydney"

It’s all about the longitude guys.
Time zones matter.
Violet Crumbles shatter.
Central time rocks.
Central time = fruchocs time.

If

“fruchocs are the chocolate-dipped bollocks of Jesus himself”

What is the shroud of Turin?

Someone here will have a good explanation.

Reply #666622 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Google tells me Fruchocs are "chocolate coated apricot balls"
Sounds shit. Doesn't surprise me that South Australians suck balls

Reply #666722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

♫ Ooh, suck on my chocolate salted balls
Stick 'em in your mouth, and suck em ♫

Reply #666724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

great news

Reply #666761 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Book two weeks leave, get over to Adelaide and I'm sure we can find about ten people to show you around for a day or two.
Croweaters are a friendly bunch, many people who visit SA end up staying permanently.
Albeit in plastic barrels.

Reply #667593 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Above

Real possibility of a growth industry there, with banks closing more branches.

Reply #667601 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:42 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754