Anonymous
Years ago

Wagstaff ruled out for Melbourne game

Damn.... wonder if he'll be back for Sunday. Might be resting him for the more realistic win option.

Topic #42714 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He might play Sunday, they aren't sure yet according to the article on Cats website.

Reply #672818 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Smart

Reply #672820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who?

Reply #672821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flopstaff

Reply #672822 | Report this post

Vodka 63  
Years ago

So the Wildcats will essentially have Cooke and Kenny on the bench - this really highlights the lack of depth

Reply #672823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guessing they are trying to tank Friday and win Sunday

Reply #672828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Flogstaff will probaly call it a day at seasons anyway plus the United might tank this game just to avoid perth in the first round

Reply #672837 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

So-called "depth" is overrated. You only need a good 6 or 7 players, plus some role players off the bench. Cats have won championships with less "depth" than they have now.

Where they have fallen over is in the quality of that 6~7 man core.
So after the past couple of seasons they have lost Knight, Jawai/McKay, Redhage, and Jervis, whilst replacing them with Walker, Brandt, and Cooked.

Even if by "depth" you mean having ready made replacements, its nice but not strictly necessary.

Reply #672841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At home the Wildcats only need 6 good players but when they are away from the home cooking and actually get whistled for their fouls its a different story.

Reply #672842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cats have won championships with less "depth" than they have now."

When?

Reply #672843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rucker suggested on the Ruckus podcast that they rest Martin, since they're already in the 4th place, and he hasn't been physically capable recently. Makes sense to me. I think if Martin is not harassing the opposition, then they will really struggle.

I doubt Perth will progress past the first round, but would be happier if they can compete in games.

I think they will need both Walker and Wagstaff to play well, but not sure if that can happen. They looked really different when Walker was playing well, and was focused with a positive attitude, at the start of the season.

Reply #672845 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

A ploy to have Wagstaff held back from Boomers duty?

Reply #672848 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

United aint scared of this trash perth team

Reply #672858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I doubt United are worried about meeting PERTH at all. In fact, I'd say they are more worried about meeting NZ.

Reply #672862 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Cats have won championships with less "depth" than they have now."

When?
In 1995 they only had seven players, one of whom was Martin Cattalini in his second season. Their bench that year:
Aaron Trahair/Anthony Stewart
Cameron Jackson
Craig McAndrew
Jason Thompson
Martin Cattalini
Matt Earp
Ryan Gardiner

Trahair and Stewart both started significant stretches of the season, so dealing purely with 100% bench players Cattalini played 750 minutes that year and the other five played 289 minutes combined.

Excluding Trahair and Stewart the bench averaged 30 minutes per game, where 240 minutes are available. 87% of the court time across the season went to just six players.

Reply #672884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark my words perth will destroy the united in the playoffs,

Reply #672885 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Depth is overrated IF your main guys are studs and stay healthy. If you have injuries however, this is when depth becomes important.

Look at Tigers of the 90's, or Tigers of 2006.

Adnam and Hooley is one of the weaker back up guard pairings. But if Casper and CG are healthy and playing 35 minutes a game as they have been lately, then it doesn't matter much.

Reply #672899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True but I think with the 3 imports now it's harder compared to previous decades. Get what you are saying though.

Is Jesse playing tomorrow?? Any word?

Reply #673219 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

"Mark my words" says someone anonymously. LOL

Reply #673265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Mock" lol.

Reply #673267 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:16 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754