Anonymous
Years ago

NBL new apparel sponsor

First Ever https://www.firstever.com/ will be the official apparel sponsor for the NBL starting in the 2018-19 season.

Hopefully this means finally we will have decent jerseys.

Maybe this will also sway LK into asking the clubs to revamp their aging logos otherwise it will still make his apparel look bad.

Hopefully the two in two go in hand and we see better looking jerseys and logos.

Topic #42793 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think I prefer the kmart stuff. that is some ugly shit right there.

Reply #674722 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Hope it turns out well. But not convinced.

Reply #674727 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

So they will make all the jerseys? Mitchell and Ness gone? What a shame! A big name sponsor like Nike or Under Armour would of been great.

Reply #674737 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Yep.

Reply #674741 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

It's pretty basic apparel but i think it actually looks reasonable.

I was hoping someone would make a topic about this because the interesting part is they’ll be doing the NBL uniforms.

We have three obvious issues with nbl uniforms in the past:

#1 They don’t get most of their gear until start of season or even into it. It’s almost a comedy of incompetence to see them with out of date gear in preseason games - surely an apparel company or the nbl clubs can be organised enough to have stuff ready by October or September. This goes for merchandise too. Have this stuff available before the season begins at least a couple of weeks prior! Sometimes it takes weeks or months into the season!

#2 The sponsor logos or abscence of logos is terrible. Sponsor wise maybe that’s beyond their control if a company wants to bumper sticker it or implement it in a counter intuitive way, but hopefully this provides more flexibility to be able to deliver the sponsor and fans a better integrated design. The less acceptable issue is when there aren’t sponsors and everything else is badly aligned such as the logo. I know it’s a bit of "sponsor here" situation but it honestly looks crap, show potential sponsors what it would be like if there’s a logo, and until you get a sponsor don’t hurt the design alignment.

#3 Uniform designs have been craptacular. This might not be an apparel issue it might be a club by club or nbl one but maybe this will be an incentive not to have such badly designed uniforms.

Reply #674743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#1. So how do you propose to get all the uniforms on time and EARLY when maybe 2 months notice is needed to produce sad Uniforms and said side hasn't been selected?
#2 How is that all meant to happen when said sponsors may still be in the pipeline? Badly aligned? Maybe you need a new Uniform maker?
#3. So who pays for the new layouts? Perhaps they need 21st C logos for starters?
#4. " or implement it in a counter intuitive way" What the hell is that speak?
#5. Opening statement " It's pretty basic apparel but i think it actually looks reasonable."
Your point was?

Reply #674755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET I'm glad I started the thread then. Good writeup.

Reply #674757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nike/Adidas tank top made of quality materials = $55
First Ever tank top made of god knows what = $65

Reply #674758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But Nike etc. are LEECHES according to LK. hahahahhaha

Reply #674759 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The clubs and league have been designing the jerseys anyway, so nothing will change on that front.

Reply #674775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but the back might be better?

Reply #674776 | Report this post

Random 1  
Years ago

A quick look at the new partners website is revealing. The address is the same as the NBL HQ.

Therefore there is one of two thing:
1. NBL is producing the apparel in-house; or
2. LK Group have developed another arm and will produce the apparel and take 100% profits

Reply #674797 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

It is not really a partnership with First Ever as the NBL owns (start up) First Ever - with Justin Kestelman as CEO.

Reply #674801 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Outside of the heritage jerseys, which are always great, NBL uniforms have been unsightly for years. I welcome any change in that. Maybe if the NBL has more control over that it might actually be for the best? I know there were disputes between NBL clubs and M&N about how the uniforms should look, and in the end M&N ended up just agreeing to the plainest possible designs. I understand the 36ers jersey this year was meant to have the Adelaide skyline in the background but that fell through. Little touches like this would make bland jerseys interesting and maybe this will give the league an opportunity to patent its own style.

Reply #674806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His sons apparel brand....

Reply #674874 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

The jerseys this year were horrible. Each team had the exact same template with a different font and sponsor logos. No symbols, no mascots, no skylines, no alternate stripes or patter.

Doesn't matter who is to blame it needs to never be repeated.

Reply #674883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide has a skyline??

Reply #674897 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

So Adelaide just wanted to copy Perth's design from last season? Adelaide skyline or just a picture of Adelaide oval?

Reply #674969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth has a skyline??

Reply #674982 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

yep, a nice one. It was on our jerseys last year

Reply #674993 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"So Adelaide just wanted to copy Perth's design from last season? Adelaide skyline or just a picture of Adelaide oval?"

As far as I understand it was going to be the skyline but not jsut the line, but an outline of the actual buildings and stuff, so a feint view of the full city in the background.

Reply #675002 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"#1. So how do you propose to get all the uniforms on time and EARLY when maybe 2 months notice is needed to produce sad Uniforms and said side hasn't been selected?"

The teams buy jersey blanks and press on names and numbers in-house. Obviously.

The Taipans machine is often left sitting out on the front counter during off-season.

Reply #675011 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:03 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754