Anonymous
Years ago

Hawks and Cairns

These teams seem to be getting gutted and just standing by watching. No aggressive moves and haven't really reached out to players from what I’ve heard.

Can these two survive the comp with no core?

I heard Weeks to NZ too

Topic #43151 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Weeks is playing there in the off NBL season.

Reply #684962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not just for the offseason, but the whole NBL season too. Watch this space.

Reply #684984 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

CNS just announced the signing of Mike Kelly as head coach. Apart from BNE, every other team is doing nothing too. Let's just see how it plays out.

Reply #685003 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Other than Forman retiring no player has left Illawarra just yet..

Reply #685004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No aggressive moves and haven't really reached out to players from what I've heard."

These the same sources that said Gliddon was going to Perth?

Reply #685009 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

"No aggressive moves and haven't really reached out to players from what I've heard."

How the hell would you know that? I'm sure that both those teams, and in fact, all teams are busy speaking to agents and negotiating contracts. Just because they choose not to do it in public or announce everything they do on twitter doesn't mean they're all off on holiday.

Reply #685017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Appointing Cambpell suggests they are serious going forward.

Reply #685022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Campbell is actually a pretty big signing of the non-player variety of course.

Reply #685023 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Weeks would be a great score for NZ if true.

Reply #685043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kenny to the hawks

Reply #685068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ lol. Poor Hawks. Struggle street.

Reply #685070 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Big if true

Reply #685073 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think any talk of uncertainly around the Hawks combined with losing Kay and Norton will be dangerous. They've made no early moves (other than Ogilvy returning), there have been no rumours of moves (other than losing Conger) and no positive ownership stories out there.

They are going to need to identify new talent or get lucky recycling pieces to recover. On the new talent front, Sydney and Adelaide have already picked up three of those. On recycling, Cadee has already moved, Drmic has stayed put, Majok probably already moving; Kenny is available, but they'll need more than that. They can put a bigger load on Coenraad and hope Ogilvy gets back to his best, but I don't know if that would cut it.

Reply #685653 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:54 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754