joshuapending
Years ago

36ers Membership Costs

So what are peoples thoughts on the price increases to the memberships this year? seems a little steep from year to year. Seems to getting some public push back as well. Ideally they would have done this over several seasons rather than in one big hit I think.

Topic #43276 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

Did you have a particular club in mind?

Reply #687722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Compare Perth and Sydney then we can talk, half the price in Sydney compared to us here.

Reply #687723 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

36ers

Reply #687724 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

36ers start at $260 for adults which is relatively cheap for capital city market teams around the league. Even Brisbane's cheapest is $395.

Reply #687727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is so cheap yet Sixers fans are complaining? Wow. No money in Adelaide confirmed.

Reply #687730 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

TBH I don't see the increase a problem. I love my basketball and I have had good (not excellent) seats for a long time. Even when the team was crap and Marty was the worse coach we ever had, I still renewed each year. We have had 2 really exciting seasons, the demand for tickets has increased.

However to get new business, you need good seats to attract people who can afford to sit in them. Sorry long time Sixers fans (including myself), but your loyalty in attendance has not kept up with the market cost, therefore I have a few suggestions.

If your great seat is too expensive, you need to swap to a good seat. If good is out of your range, you could try nearly good. The demand for good money from the venue in order to support the level of competition requires the Sixers to get with the time.

For us fans that travelled to Melb and sat in crap seats for more than what we can sit in platinum for, we understand how lucky we have been.

In case you are wondering, tickets for 2018/19 paid for.

Reply #687734 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Kings raised their prices roughly about 20% for most season ticket renewals, two days after announcing the Bogut signing... I've been shouted down by the Kings faithful that to afford Bogues/be a real fan/sick of the negativity it's worthwhile... I would have thought after two last place finishes, they would have proven to members that have actually stuck with the team through all the bullshit, that it was worth sticking around before boosting up their prices so much...

Reply #687755 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

I know I will re up again but personally got a 100 jump on each ticket which I thought was a little rough.

Reply #687759 | Report this post

Ugly Igley  
Years ago

A quick search shows current prices as:

PER SYD ADE BRIS CAI
Tier 1 1599 662 2200 595 821.8
Tier 2 1399 485 1520 530 723.1
Tier 3 949 294 810 395 551.6
Tier 4 649 352 319.2
Tier 5 399 324 294
Tier 6 260

No info available for NZ, Melbourne or Illawara.

Sydney appears to be an absolute bargain.

Reply #687764 | Report this post

Ugly Igley  
Years ago

A bit of formatting, hopefully

PER SYD ADE BRIS CAI
Tier 1 1599 662 2200 595 821.8
Tier 2 1399 485 1520 530 723.1
Tier 3 949 294 810 395 551.6
Tier 4 649 352 319.2
Tier 5 399 324 294
Tier 6 260

Reply #687765 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I don't mind the price rise, I do mind losing my seat I kept renewing during the Marty era because my section has been made general admission.....

Reply #687775 | Report this post

Informatel  
Years ago

I don't mind paying an increase per year say 10-15 dollars but 100 extra for next season is one foul swoop? get lost!

and this shit of comparing apples with oranges. melbourne/sydney/perth fans arent generally on the same wages as us here in the backwater.

Reply #687852 | Report this post

Kevin  
Years ago

@WookieE when you say shouted down do you mean people disagreed with u?

Reply #687863 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

@Kevin - yes, disagreed, but also "how dare you complain, if you're a real fan you just pay the money without any comment" rubbish... Also, it's the internet, so if you're concerned about my choice of words, some creative license is commonplace ;)

Reply #687866 | Report this post

Wang whipper  
Years ago

ROFL at "in one foul swoop"

Reply #687890 | Report this post

Jamie  
Years ago

I'm not happy with the raise either, two decent years and club trying to cash in massively. If this extra money went into getting some high level imports I wouldn’t mind as much but don’t have much faith the money will be well spent. I’ll be waiting to hear the signings before I re-up

Reply #688656 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Thing to remember (at least at the Wildcats) is that renewals are substantially cheaper, so very few are actually paying those prices.
Especially since you can sign up for a one game membership at the end of the season, and qualify for renewal prices.

We also have a good (expensive) Arena that is very well located, and a breeze for transport and access.

Plus we've got to watch our team win 3 championships since moving to the Arena. That drives up demand, and hence prices.

So yeah, I reckon Sydney should have waited for success before jacking them up.

Reply #688668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey KR read the topic. Pretty clear.

Reply #688669 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Team that needs more money will tend to ask for more money from fans. I don't see this as surprising.

Reply #688675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As the saying goes - no money in Adelaide.

Reply #688676 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Hey KR read the topic. Pretty clear.
The thread title was edited in the week between me asking that question and you posting.

Reply #688679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then the topic should have * beside it.

Reply #688686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Adelaide can finally get EFTPOS??

Reply #688712 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:20 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754