Anonymous
Years ago

Your teams strength and weakness?

Being from Sydney my first team is Kings second team Hawks. My Kings possible team and starters?

PG Randle Adnam Wilson
SG Lisch
SF Deng newley
PF Wear kickert Pineau
C Bogut Johnson

Strength size,rebs,threes. big defence and speedy guards

Weakness I think no pass first guards and no defence guards

Need one more cheap guard

Topic #43381 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Lisch is a no defence guard?!

Reply #689941 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

Having only 4 players is a pretty big weakness for the Hawks right now.

Reply #689945 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

My team's biggest weakness?

They currently only play in SEABL.

Reply #689946 | Report this post

Charon 95  
Years ago

Waiting to hear wookie's thoughts on his Taipans

Reply #689950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking at Wilson, I believe he is more than a 3rd string PG.

6'4 and scoring well in the SEABL. Backup SG?

Reply #689954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks

Trice/Naar
Blanchfield/Cooks
Conger/Coenraad
Import/Ellis
Ogilvy/Lansdale

Reply #689955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If the hawks can get Lansdale? he will start before round 10

Reply #689956 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Perth:
Martin, Norton
Import, ??
Import , Steindl
Kay, Wagstaff, Vague
Brandt, Jervis

Comes down a lot to last spot either being local (Hire) or third import. Would prefer import scorer off the bench.
Steindl needs a breakout season, time will tell though as he recovers from serious wrist injury that has ruled him out of rest of 2018 SBL season.
Norton is a great pick up and future successor to Martin.

Reply #689957 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Wilson definitely a SG. Can handle well enough, but has a scorers mindset. Yeah he's a little under sized, but has no trouble getting his shot off.

Reply #689958 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

The Hawks can't afford Trìce, Conger, Cooks and Landsdale. Conger is asking for some serious $$$s, as is Trice I imagine. Whilst cooks and jock are coming out of college you'd have to think both are worthy of decent dollars considering their performances.

Best case scenario would be Cooks and possibly Trice with the budget they're operating under. Conger has said he's aware of three clubs that have reached out to confirm their interest. Ilawarra is one of them, and you'd have to think Brisbane and possibly Perth would be in the mix. Cotton and Conger would be incredible.

Reply #689962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The hawks owner doesn't care if he losses money, that suggests to me his going to spend money on imports?

Reply #689963 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Sydkey Kings have 3 major weaknesses .....all wearing suits on Game Day.

One sits next to Lanard Copeland.
One sits next to Andrew Gaze.

The last one a couple of rows back with the rest of the Van Groningen family.

Reply #689965 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Perth's Achilles is 3-point shooting. So many ifs.
Martin and Wagstaff fluctuate, although had some good games last season.
They won;t be getting any from Brandt and Jervis, and Kay wasn't known for it at the Hawks, nor was Norton.
Steindl used to be the sniper, but his touch deserted him. Tokoto wasn't great from range either.

That's why I agree with Hogwash, would prefer a Devondrick Walker type, rather than Hire (who has also lost his 3 point touch.)

I think with the addition of Jervis and Kay, we can expect a return to the bump'n'grind. There's not a lot of speed in that front court.

Reply #689968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hire had 3 point touch?

Reply #689970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a lot of speed?

Jervis and Brandt have both always been excellent rim runners and with the addition of kay (who should play 5-10 min at the 5) perth should always have a fresh big man that runs.

Reply #689976 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

I saw that about the Hawks owner but you'd have to think Conger and Trice would have been the highest paid players on their teams last season. Conger was a monster and I thought Trice had a great season considering the circumstances.

I hope both Jock and Xavier end up in the NBL but I can't see either signing on with any team for small coin considering how great both were this year. What Jock did was pretty special and Cooks hasn't been far behind.

Reply #689981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ I'm not down playing anything Jock (or Xavier) might have done this year.

But who was the last player that came back from college, started and smashed it in the NBL?

As an example:

Drmic came back from 5 years (red shirted his senior year due to injury) at Boise State where he was :
- Boise 2nd all time point scorer, only 2 pts shy.
- Boise all time 3pt made
- 5th leading Pt scorer for Mountain West conference

Drmic achieved all this in a far superior conference to what Jock's St Mary's play in. There are really only 3 teams in the West Coast conference with Gonzaga way out in front and sometimes BYU being competitive.

So, I would think any talk of serious dollars is way off the mark.

Reply #689982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP have you seen Adnam or Wilson play live?

Reply #689983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cram - Lisch 1.88m, Goulding 1.92m, Wilson 1.94m

Wilson undersized?

Reply #689984 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

WTF?
Why, with TWO quality centres, would we play Kay in the 5 spot?
Only time that will happen is injury, or major foul trouble.
In the past two seasons, Perth have opted for a younger, lighter, faster, more athletic type to supplement. We won't have that this season.
Although remains to be seen how Vague has progressed. He certainly has youth on his side.

Reply #689990 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

194? Ok. I saw him up close and didn't look that tall, but I would trust official measurements more than my eye test.

Reply #689995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For the same reason why we played minutes with Knight in the centre when we had both Jervis amd Jawai. Perimeter defence or floor stretching

Reply #690000 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Clearly we differ on how good jock and xavier are. Time will tell.

Reply #690002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Xavier conference was softer than st Mary's and st Mary’s was piss poor. As previous poster said Drimic had far better credentials and took first season to settle and still not starting.

Reply #690008 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth

Weakness: Gleeson.

Reply #690010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smith - As I said I am not deriding anything Jock & Xavier have done & I am not saying they will not play NBL or be not be good in the NBL.

My point is I don't think they will get paid a lot (you said small coin) initially because history indicates college returnees do not dominate in their first few years.

They have been successful in weak conferences. IMO this would've distorted their perspective of their worth.

Reply #690011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Back to OP, is Lisch a premier defender anymore? Older and coming off injury, will help with Bogut there to cover mistakes, but may be case of mind is willing but body isn't.

Reply #690014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is JP tokoto worth, if the prize is under 180 thousand? the hawk should pick him up?

Reply #690033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He may not be quite MVP calibre but he is still a very good player.

$400k

Reply #690034 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lisch is still a premier defender IMO because although he may have lost a step he still has the smarts to play opponents tough.

Hate to be critical but I'd blame some of Sydney's recent defensive failings on the perimeter to guys like Cadee and Randle.

Reply #690038 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Cool. We simply have a different opinion.

Reply #690054 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:03 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754