jumpshot
Years ago

Wildcats v Kings

Perth Wildcats big man Angus Brandt has lit the fuse for Friday's blockbuster against Sydney by labelling Kings star Andrew Bogut a "pork chop" and a “pest”.

Difficult to pick this one.

If Cotton is on - Wildcats by 10.

If Bogut is a pest - Chairs will fly.

Topic #44460 | Report this topic

Splinky  
Years ago

Anybody else experiencing juddery NBL.tv?

Reply #722505 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Mine looks fine, but only still in countdown mode.

Reply #722507 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Get another Jack less game thread.

Reply #722511 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wear contributing :o

Reply #722512 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Yet*

Reply #722513 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Kings looking like they might win this

Reply #722514 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Bogut jumped over Brandt.

I'll need to watch that a few more times.

Reply #722515 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Doesn't Gleeson know that you can’t question every call.. the refs just won’t listen to anything u say

Reply #722516 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

So i take it this is the game thread now? What a game. Enjoying every moment, kings hitting some very tough guarded shots, can they keep shooting a scorching 60% from the field

Reply #722519 | Report this post

Justin  
Years ago

You would think the refs wouldn't listen, but who gets all the 50/50 calls in the last quarter when the games close?

Reply #722520 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Kings need 2 new imports.

Reply #722522 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Aylen blows his whistle before the contact is even made.

Reply #722523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Brandt stays healthy good lord how do you stop Perth

Reply #722524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The king's are shit

Talent < teamwork

Pork < beef

Reply #722525 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Do the Kings realise there is another quarter left? Throwing up absolute garbage.

Reply #722526 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Homocide has just said what no one wants to say. Bogut is invisible defensively, and he has been all year expect for the occasions when he has an opponent at the front of the rim.. only then he decides to get a block. His perimeter defense against the step up screens has been lazy all year long

Reply #722527 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Brandt HOSING Bogut, Dano DOMINATING in D.

Gaze pulling out his hair

I don't need dessert tonight because this is so delicious.

Reply #722528 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

And when will Gaze put the shuffle to bed for good??

Reply #722529 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Also zoning this current Perth lineup is stupidity.. they don't have any 1 on 1 scorers, so why not man to man?

Reply #722530 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Vintage Gleeson. Replay shows things played out basically opposite of what he screams at the ref.

Reply #722531 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Never! The shuffle will never die!

I love seeing Gaze complain about a call. The irony after a 20 year career of getting more BS calls go his way than any other in NBL history.

Reply #722532 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

No 1 on 1 scorers.... cotton maybe? Terrico can run hot too, brandt in the post...

Reply #722533 | Report this post

rabbit82  
Years ago

over 170 pts already cashed in thanks for the poor d guys

Reply #722534 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Where are Randle and Bogut???

Reply #722535 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gaze subs Randle in about 3 mins too late.

Reply #722536 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Cotton MVP, Bogut no where near.

Reply #722537 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Cotton aint been the MVP of this one, it's been all about rebounding.

Reply #722538 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Cotton wasn't on the court when I wrote the comment at the end of the third. Of course Cotton can score 1 on 1 but he wa sonnthe bench Einstein

Reply #722539 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Rubbish call on Kickert there.

Reply #722540 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Even after missing a few games, Cotton would be MILES ahead in the MVP voting

It's still game by game voting for this season yes

Reply #722541 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Yeah interesting Gaze benches Bogut late in the 4th.

Reply #722542 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

And offensive rebounding is so obviously the difference in this one..

Reply #722543 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, it's a miracle we are even in this with a shot.

Reply #722544 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

This lineup has worked well. Cut the margin, giving them a chance here

Reply #722545 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Time to bring Bogut in.

Reply #722546 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Except O boards is their problem

Pick your poison I suppose

Reply #722547 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Would prefer Mitch to not foul out and bring in Martin tbh, that's a plus for Perth at this stage of the game.

Reply #722548 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

One possession game now

Reply #722549 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Perths home cooking working well, 8 fouls to 2, and that last one was absolutely comical, randle just falling down and getting the call

Reply #722550 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Kings will have last possession and a chance to steal this one.. the whole stadium knows this will be a play for Cotton out of the timeout

Reply #722551 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

How the hell have we tied the game. This is insane.

Reply #722552 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Randle took a shoulder to the head. C'mon.

Reply #722553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cracking game, kickett and Wear playing well at both ends.

Reply #722554 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Soft foul on Randle.

Reply #722555 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Make that two soft fouls on Randle.

Reply #722556 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Referees with a terrible call wanting to decide the contest.. did they have money on Perth?

Reply #722557 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

#Homecooking

Reply #722558 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah that's disappointing.

Reply #722559 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Trev enjoying a tasty dinner here

Reply #722560 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Do kings go for the 3 and the win or the 2 and OT?

Reply #722561 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Refs swallowed their whistle at perths end and brought kings back, then hit them with a couple quick fouls to give perth fts, just let them play

Reply #722562 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Randle chuck up a 3 and hope for the best. We didn't deserve to win this game, but I'll happily take it after those two terrible calls against Randle.

Reply #722563 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Oh man. That Wear 3 is just going to make the Cotton game winner more painful.

Reply #722564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton initiates contact every play, oh my Wear

Reply #722565 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

They wanted the three, some misdirection to open up the weak side 3.. 4.1 secs is plenty of time for Cotton to get off a great shot. Wildcats move the back to half court out of the timeout

Reply #722566 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

WEAR that Perthies

Reply #722567 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Terrible execution for Perth to lose but maybe the refs will give it back to them

Reply #722568 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Kings have got Perth's number.

Reply #722569 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

What is Aylen up to now, that greasy worm.

Reply #722570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

loooooooooooool

Reply #722571 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

What the hell.

Like seriously.

Seriously.

Reply #722572 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Refs had money on Perth I'm sure of it.

Reply #722573 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

The replay won't tell them anything, ball is out of the camera shot when it hits the scoreboard

Reply #722574 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Dumb move by Bogut

But surely ref has discretion to apply common sense.

Reply #722575 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

No call on the court, so would be interested to see how they could do anything but call it.

Reply #722576 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

What a pork chop.

Reply #722577 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Game over it should be kings victory.. thank god.. bloody refs wanted to screw them it seems

Reply #722579 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

My favourite win of the past 6 years.

Reply #722580 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Game over it should be kings victory.. thank god.. bloody refs wanted to screw them it seems

Reply #722581 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Sensational game of NBL hoops. Great effort by Sydney. Gutsy win.

Reply #722582 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Sydney now 8-2 in last 10.

2 losses to United, and one was on the buzzer.

Season now getting really interesting with United and Perth both having their number taken twice by a possible playoffs opponent

Reply #722583 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Awesome game to watch. Nice to see David Wear arrive at last. Hard to believe the Cats wasted that epic Cotton game.

Reply #722584 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Another dumb move by Pork Chop.

Reply #722585 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Is that 4 in a row vs Perth, or am I mistaken?

Reply #722586 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Bogut was largely ineffective but credit to Sydney for gutsy comeback win largely due to David Wear.

Reply #722587 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I feel you, Angus.

Great night.

Bugger you, Perth. Wankers.

Is Trevor the biggest cheerleader coach in NBL history?

Reply #722588 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Would like to see these two teams in a playoff series.

Reply #722589 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

How good- is Gazey

Reply #722590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings look better with Bogut on the bench..

Reply #722591 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Gosh lets hope Sydney beats Perth in the playoffs. Drewy would lose his mind with excitement

Reply #722592 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

I honestly thought this was a relatively well reffed game despite some posters like J always having a sook about the refs. If you search hard enough you can always find something to whinge about like Cotton kicking his legs out on every three and the refs falling for it.

Sensational game of hoops - one of the best for the season. Makes me miss Jerome - I'd swap him in a heartbeat for Conger.

Has to be one of the biggest wins for the Kings in recent history.

Say what you will about Drewey's coaching but you have to love his passion and excitement for the game.

Reply #722593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game to be at. Kudos to Sydney for winning, felt like perth shot themselves in the foot though. If a Wear breakout game is what it takes I'll cop it. Big confidence boost for Brandt backing up his comment during the week with a big performance against Bogut.

Reply #722594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This would be the best GF matchup IMO. Weapons for days.

Reply #722595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game but really not looking forward to the Sydney/Bogut circlejerk by the NBL media team and flogicidez Perth and Sydney are BOTH title contenders not just Sydney.

Reply #722596 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

How about when Randle was called for that foul in the final minute.

Chasing Cotton around a screen and Cotton's head hit the screener's shoulder (Brandt I think), so Cotton did his usual head-back-flail thing and gets the call. I mean... I mean... jesus h christ

A win like that in a place like that despite giving away 21 o-boards... wow.

That's why I have had Sydney as champs. They're only improving from here, which is scary for the Bullets when they face off in the GF.

Reply #722597 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Cheers rat 10, i forget if a perth fan questions anything its not allowed. Everyone is the first to call out any call perth gets but question something against their opponent and the world turns flat. Kings got a few calls, perth didn't get a couple they probably should have, the kay dunk attempt especially. Sydney won, good on them, they need the much maligned wear to shoot 77%, and then carry on likw they won the championship, clearly they are the greatest team in nbl history.

Reply #722598 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

J has a point, Perth really hard done by tonight. Boo hoo.

Reply #722599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we all be honest about the last Randle foul. It was pretty obviously there. Soft yes. But hardly a strange call given some of the soft calls

Reply #722600 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

The cats were rolling in the third quarter and would be disappointed with the way they played in the last term. Really should have iced that game.
Kickert and Wear with an unbelievable shooting display to get them back in it. Kings bench outplayed Perths.
I agree the kings have so much more room for improvement which is scary. Bogut will normally be more influential and if Wear can produce that level more consistently then they are looking like title favourites.

Reply #722601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"if Wear can produce that level more consistently then they are looking like title favourites." Call me when you gain some IQ it's Clearly Bris/Mel/Perth Sydney have a few lucky wins Cairns in OT NZ by 1 Perth by 1/5(5 without cotton) this round bunch of flogs

Reply #722602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can wear shoot 77% not on previous form. Unfortunately for united i would expect a very fired up Perth Monday.

Reply #722603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The first half of this thread did not age well at all.
That was a great game. Tremendous effort by Sydney to hang around when they really didn't look at Perth's level. I haven't known them to have that much heart. Then clutch to bring it home at the end especially with Bogut benched. Huge win. Sydney is Perth's Bogey team.

Reply #722606 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

This game was huge for the Kings highlighted by the fact Copeland was off the bench on his feet for the first time ever. #pumped

We're still the best though. Because.

Reply #722612 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Cracker of a game, import coming soon and one player will be released. Think perth just sussing out Sydney as they are titties favourites.

Expect a signing soon, not sure exact time frame.

Reply #722619 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wow Cats for life thanks for the scoop.

Reply #722620 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

No right to win this one. Sydney played poorly. Bogut not a factor. Perth not winning and 23 of 52 at the line AT HOME must weigh heavily on Perth psyche.
Randle, Kickert Wear better efforts but there is so much room for improvement in Sydney. I thought they were sloppy in the first half and gave up at least 12 TO points.
HOW DOES PERTH NOT WIN?????

Reply #722622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kay missed one lay ups down the stretch, Wear and Kickett stood up, Gaze is a lot better than all the knockers think and Luke Kendall doing well as the assistant.
Perth was only a small mishap, they are still right in this. Massive game Monday night versus Melbourne.
The nbl is in great shape, more entertaining than the nba.

Reply #722627 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

A lot of people criticise Gaze for living & dying with every game/call, but he is a real avatar for a lot of the posters around here.

Reply #722631 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

LOL. Lets see if Wear can shoot 77% for the rest of the season. We'll take the lucky win, but the kings were poor in all areas, and Angus Beef was better than Pork Chop. I wouldn't read too much into it. Perth was the better team.

Reply #722648 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Plenty to like for the Cats IMO. Terrible choke obviously, but I thought we looked the better team for most of the game. Credit to the Kings for staying within striking distance while being outplayed. Brandt beat Boooogut comfortably, Cotton had a ripper, Randle was reasonably contained, but they still stuck around. Fair to say they officially have no fear of the Wildcats now, home or away. Really like what Adnam adds to the backcourt mix. Credit to Gaze for sticking with what was working. Meanwhile I'm still trying to work out why Wagstaff played so many minutes, especially in crunch time. When he's not hitting his threes he brings very little, and his once-reliable outside shot has gone AWOL this season.

Good game of basketball. Shout out to the refs, too. They must have been pretty awesome for there not to be at least 30 whiny posts about them in a Cats thread.

Reply #722655 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agree on all counts. Sydney's bench was always the question mark for them, and they are starting to stand up more and more as the season goes on, while Wear is becoming less of a drag on the starting group. Plenty of positive signs for both teams last night, was a quality game.

Reply #722656 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Fourth straight win over Perth for the Kings. Good to see Brandt outplay Bogut too.

Reply #722661 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

"Good game of basketball. Shout out to the refs, too. They must have been pretty awesome for there not to be at least 30 whiny posts about them in a Cats thread."

No, Perth lost.

I completely disagree with the "plenty to love" sentiment. I think there is now plenty to worry about for Perth.
How the fuck do you let a team score 29 points in the 4th quarter in Perth? Especially a team of wheezing old men? Where has the Perth D gone?

There are really only two other teams in contention this year, and we've shown we can't beat either of them.

Reply #722713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AD time for you to support another team or even better....another sport. You are nothing but a whingy, home open seeking sook. Bugger off!

Reply #722740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL at calling Sydney wheezing old men when Perth had Martin & Wagstaff on the court in the dying minutes

Reply #722741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More proof AD has no clue what he is sprouting about.

Reply #722742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm with Dazz. Dosnt matter how you look at it that was apoor effort in the final quarter - end of story

Reply #722743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think there is anyone on the planet who disagrees that choking on a good lead was a poor effort

Reply #722745 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:04 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754