anon
Years ago

mvps

What are the best ways of deciding who wins awards for juniors. Should the coach or opposition coaches choose the weekly mvps and then aggregate the total or should the spectators be involved so that the result is objective anon

Topic #4544 | Report this topic

Mum  
Years ago

I like the opposition coaches deciding on a 3,2,1 basis. After all he/she knows which players have caused the most problems to them.

Reply #52781 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

i like coaches of the actual team picking them because they know what roles they have given to each player and how efective they have been. Team coaches seeem to take more notice of the little things that opposition coaches might miss.

Reply #52782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give the job to teh team coach because the other coach has their own team to worry about.

Reply #52790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YEE YEE YEE the coaches always pick their fav's as always, its very hard deal, cause parents pick their own kids, coaches( 3/4) of them , who suck up to them, I think the best will be the opp' coaches

Reply #52815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ye we had a country that comes for training 40% thus not really knows the team & plays indivual, got MVP, poor locals kids get yelled at get pushed hard, twice a week, HA HA HA , sit most game on the bench,country gets court time more & get MVP's

Reply #52817 | Report this post

oi!  
Years ago

boo hoo anon maybe your kid should be better
country kid also comes a long way to play
grow up hey

Reply #52820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whose this country kid that trained only a little bit

Reply #52824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares how far they travel because thats their choice.

Reply #52860 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

I dnt agree with mvp cause its a team game.

Reply #52872 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

We have a coach who each game, gives two parents an envelope and a form asking them to pick the two best players. He picks different parents each week and he himself also chooses the two best players. then at the end of the season he adds up the votes and thats how he decides the MVP and he also gives a most improved or most consistent. It works well and the parents and the players are all happy with this fair system.

Reply #52886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

na you need a mvp and who is this country player who doesnt train much

Reply #52887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arnt mvp's usually awarded to best team players ?

Thus the argument of playing for themselves ridiculous.

Reply #52888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

none of us country kids train as much as you city players. Not with our district team anyway. You dont know how much we train with our local assoc, our local rep team, our ITC squad and any individual work we do. So stop your whinging and just improve your game.

Reply #52893 | Report this post

A country kid who only came to 40% of training, had a lot of court time and got MVP at the end of the season? Sounds a lot like a lower division Sturt player that I saw scoop the award on Friday night.
Even if it isn't him I have two questions.
1. Did you approach the coach in question as to why this country player received an award over your son/daughter?
2. What team has this country player made this season? If it higher then their position last season maybe they did deserve the award.
Personally I would judge MVP based on attendance, teamwork, improvement and above all ATTITUDE.

Reply #52897 | Report this post

DD  
Years ago

attendance...not good teamwork....sometimes improvement...some ATTIUDE....sucks thinks he is better than his team mates and dident play "D"

Reply #52902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nobody expects country kids to train twice but at least once a week would be nice.

Reply #52904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im a country player that plays in town, who are you bitchin about

Reply #52910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think MVPs and all that other crap is crap(inless u win)

Reply #53012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

none of us country kids train as much as you city players. Not with our district team anyway. You dont know how much we train with our local assoc, our local rep team, our ITC squad and any individual work we do. So stop your whinging and just improve your game.

yes country u do play alot in the country, but training need to be there as a team too, I know the distance u people travel, buton the game day, not much team work when countries around, more individual cause most time u don't know the play that is pratised on training ,maybe BASA should ve a 2 countries N & S,joining the legeue,not whinging, but its sad to see kids get bum back 4 country, yes there are good 1's 1 out of 5,

Reply #53024 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im a country player and i play div 1 and we are not individual players, well most arent. and we do know all the plays

Reply #53040 | Report this post

Kal  
Years ago

I think if BASA allowed 2 country teams there could be some complaining about city players having to travel 400km one way to play an away game.

Reply #53192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

everyone knows the country kids dont always know the plays. they get confused and then plays become scrambled. and they do get favoured due to the fact they are country, cant name names so cant really make any real points, but you all know its true. country players get favoured, and therefor coaches are willing to help them out more to improve their game.

Reply #55254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it sounds to me like wests u16 div 1 star whats his face...typical of west to whinge and moan

Reply #56385 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

trash talk wests 16s star all you want but there is not a kid in that age division that can gaurd him. jealous much? and he does train. And knows all the plays. Whats this "whinge and moan" business about West?

Reply #59389 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

im from country and when i played for woodville i was expected to make all trainings but it was ok if i missed say 1 out of 6, if your a country player and you want to play BASA district at hight levels (div 1) you have to make a commitment just like all the other players, if not you shouldnt get as much court time or go down to div 2.

Reply #59469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

uU16s west team are use all talking about that ahhh nathan humphries kid

Reply #59518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

use all talkin about the last season thats just gone or the summer season now???

Reply #59519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have see the 18/1 from west play and that kid dosent play anymore (maybe to hard for him)

Reply #59544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mayb it is 2 hard but i heard his just having a break

Reply #59683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe he's taking all the haters advice, and is letting some lesser city player win the MVP this season, because he isn't prepared to travel the 300+ km round trip just to hear haters take cheap pot shots when he plays well.

Reply #59732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is it with west parents....they used to slag off at erin phillips when she played juniors and won all of their games for them.

Reply #59761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it dosent matter what parents say,just as long as your coach is happy and you are doing as he/she asks thats all you need to care about,you will always get parents having a bitch dosent what club you are from, and belive me i have heard it from alot of parents from differnt clubs

Reply #59780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well hopefully he will come back and play as he is an ok player

Reply #59914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok??? ide say his a better player than just ok, but yes hopefully he will come back

Reply #59916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is coming back for the Winter season. He wanted a break from the travel, which was also a strain on his parents as well obviously. He will fit in well with the west team and all the guys are looking forward to playing with him again because he is a great player. No one really cares if he only trains once a week because he gels well with the team.

Reply #62188 | Report this post

jj  
Years ago

west have been one player short of winning a lot of there games he would make a big differents to that team i think they would be glad to see him back

Reply #62192 | Report this post

mullet-31  
Years ago

hey im a country kid playing for north i do all the training sessions other girls do! i do aba, 18 sasi nd everythng so dnt say tht the country kids slack off it is hard to travel all tht way but if ur committed then ull do the work to be where u wana b! no ffence to the metro players

Reply #71350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754