Steve
Years ago

Fellas downed by Bulleen

Once again fellas loose. Only 2 points this time, but maybe if he plated a team game they may win. Bye Bye Lucas!!!!!

Topic #4627 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Is it just me or are they only three games into the season? They haven't exactly been thrashed by weak teams or anything, right?

Reply #53652 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

Being thrashed on not is not the point. Its still a loss, and its gonna keep happening, mark my words.

Reply #53653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that's a tough lose for the girls. second game in melbourne is always going to be a tough one, esp against a quality opposition like bulleen. but 0 and 2 for the weekend facing another double on the road next weekend, maybe the coach needs to look at something different. your right only 3 games into the season, you can't get rid of him, its a young team, let them get to know each other a bit better. but next week is critical and enthuthasim and fit running players is what the team thrives on, good luck girls.

Reply #53654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who played well? can changes be made?

Reply #53655 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Everyone looses for goodness sake. you have to accept that some time your team won't do well. No one stays good forever.

Reply #53656 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

They wont do well until they start playing like a team. Look at Dandenong,and they will probably make it 3 from 3. Malcom Blight always said if its not working try something different. Maybe LucaS SHOULD think of that because its a bloody long season, and if they wont to make finals they should really look at that, and the coach will be out of a job!!!!!

Reply #53661 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Have I missed something?

Why all the harping on them not playing as a team? Are they really playing that individually? Or is this just the excuse everyone is using for the early loses.

Reply #53665 | Report this post

Steve  
Years ago

Your right they probably just arent good enough

Reply #53666 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You R right. They are a young team, and they do need to get to know each other, so that they can all step up and not just depend on screen and philips. Maybe its the coach who isnt good enough. Only time will tell!!!!!

Reply #53669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares whether they win or lose anyway. Mens basketball is the only one that counts. The womens comp is second rate

Reply #53672 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Steve, Anon, Anonymous -- you obviously don't like the coach, we get it, but can you just stick with one name, and try not to harp on about it?

It's a bit obvious and tedious.

Reply #53676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MY GOD 2 GAMES! Steve, Anon, Anonymous - Get over yourself. Chris got them to the Semi Finals last year I think he knows what he's doing.

Reply #53679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope your right. But it will be interesting, and by the way havent they been to semi finsals for the last 13 years. It getting a bit tiring. Ive been waiting that long, and Id really like to see a grand final for a change. Call me pessimistic but Im sick of waiting. I hope Im wrong but only time will tell

Reply #53687 | Report this post

Cam  
Years ago

They need to talk to the 6rs. I can beleive they one by a point again

Reply #53688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#53687)
what type of IDIOT are you

they have been in grand finals in
94 won
95 won
96 won
97 lost
99 lost
have finished no lower than fourth since 1993 when they entered the league

checked your facts before you engage your mouth it only shows your ignorance

Reply #53689 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Steve's wife/daughter/sister hasn't been getting enough playing time clearly.

Give Lucas a break. His track record thus far is good.

Reply #53692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oops add 98 won

Reply #53696 | Report this post

Strikes twice  
Years ago

If you feel the coach needs to do something different he can start by signing the 26 year old with 200 games experience who is wanting to play.

Especialy since there are guards in the team who are not performing off the bench.

Otherwise they look like they will be around the mark this season.

Reply #53700 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

who the?

Reply #53704 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I assume he means Narelle Lindsay.

Reply #53706 | Report this post

Cheer Fella  
Years ago

If Lucas knows what's good for him he will make a change. Why not try Melbourne girl, Lorenzinni who has been a part of a back to back championship team in Dandenong and drop Seaward whos performance and numbers have been shocking for an experienced guard. If she isn't dropped than politics plays a huge factor!!!
Ranford needs to step up too!!

Reply #53722 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Its gonna be interesting. Also what abut the Bowley sisters. I know Monique is injured but what about the other 2. I dont think they have had a run yet, and they are both strong.

Reply #53724 | Report this post

Cheer Fella  
Years ago

Hanna has been cut, and Bridget isn't a guard and not needed. Either is Monique. I believe that seaward needs to be replaced to.I wonder how selection works for the Fellas.

Reply #53726 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

if they want to get back to their winning ways maybe they go back to a winning name - lightning.

Reply #53765 | Report this post

Chimbu  
Years ago

Hey (#53722) I don't think you would consider Lorezinni a huge contributor to what Dandy achieved.

She also sat most of the later part of the SEABL season with Nunawading on the bench...

Reply #53848 | Report this post

Fred  
Years ago

Still Chimbu, at least she has had the experiance with Dandy, which i can't say for a lot of the Fellas. Also i think we need to make some changes and we need to see what the girl can do. I think we also need to give the Brigid ago to see what she can do, they can't run with the same team week after week and keep losing and not trying out the other girls that are in the squad.

Reply #53851 | Report this post

Carol  
Years ago

I agree with you Fred, if that is your real name....
Girls need to be given the opportunity to prove themsleves and just can't keep sitting on the bench when the team isn't playing too well. Also i watched the game on Saturday and it wasn't pretty and i think the girls are going to struggle this weekend against Sydney if changes aren't made.....

Reply #53853 | Report this post

Chimbu  
Years ago

I didn't mean to say don't give her a go, but, don't suggest that just beacause she was at Dandneong she deserves one...if she is better than the other options play her...

Only one way to find out isn't there.

Reply #53859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steve

Interesting comments re the Fellas performances.

Chris Lucas is a very good coach and a fantastic person who works extremely hard for the team.

Perhaps if you are prepared to get down to the DOME at 6am several times each week, plus do numerous individual seesions with the girls you may be able to assist in a positive way.

I am sure the girls would like to have a chat to you and learn new ways of playing the game.

It would be more productive to get behind the team and provide some positive support at home games with lots of your friends.
It is only $10 per ticket.

Reply #53901 | Report this post

???  
Years ago

Anonymous, He is paid to do those sessions. The way he play mind games with everyone is one reason why people dislike him. I also say it is too early to say whether they are struggling or not, but it isn't looking good.

Reply #53902 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

The sixers went 0-5 a couple of season back. Were people calling for Phil's head, NO. The Fellas are 1-2 big deal. In a couple of weeks they could be 5-2.

Reply #53911 | Report this post

NR  
Years ago

To those who have replied to the originator's comments, questioning the validity of the negativity, well done!! How someone can criticise performances thus far after a home win, an away loss to the current title holders ( fellas won in the second half ).
Add to that, backing up away against a quality team that has been together for four years, to go down by 2 in overtime, does not smack of a team in total dissaray. This TEAM is well prepared by it's coaching staff and has shown a true fighting spirit already this season. They will continue with this spirit irrelevant of final outcomes.
Do yourself a favour and get behind EVERY MEMBER OF THE WHOLE TEAM!!

Reply #53955 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754