D-Reb
Years ago

Atlanta Hawks next season

how do you think they will go. i think they will be the dark horse in the league. watch ou t for the highflyer josh smith.antoine walker wil post big numbers for them.expect him to make the all star team this season.lakers will struggle this year.

Topic #466 | Report this topic

allstar 55  
Years ago

once again, the hawks will struggle and u no it. u cant rely on a dallas reject and a rookie who will be good in a few yrs. If Dallas gets the rumored eric dampier deal, they will be near unstoppable.
MAVS 2005 CHAMPS!

Reply #3762 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Turn it up....you calling Antoine Walker a reject?

Reply #3763 | Report this post

allstar 55  
Years ago

dallas dont want him

Reply #3767 | Report this post

cortez  
Years ago

knicks will win, look at who they are getting. they are still in running for dampier, he wants to go to NY thats his number 1 team. hawks will be a good team at start then will fade away, and even though it may not sound like it, i actually like them. go NY.

Reply #3770 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

By your theory Shaq is a reject then allstar55?

Who else...McGrady, Francis etc

Reply #3773 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

I think youll find Dampier has already been traded to Dallas for Christian Laetner and a cup of warm milk. This makes Dallas a top 4/5 team in the west - however it will all depend how they cover for the loss of Steve Nash - there rooks are good but not proven.

Antoine Walker is a solid player and will post gaudy numbers on a young and woeful Atlanta Hawks team they will be terrible this year but may get off the bottom of the ladder by the year after next.

The only thing NY will win is the leagues most expensive and overrated payroll award. Houston is broken, Marbury as you can see last night stinks, he and Jamal Crawford will probably go Latrell on each other by the all star break and NY will sell out the garden as usual. No big man though means 1st round exit again for the Knicks

Reply #3788 | Report this post

charmaine  
Years ago

ah, the pink shirt is back...tell me you are going out this weekend pink shirt and i will be there, and you will be mine!!

Reply #3794 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

I think you guys are all smoking some serious bags of mary jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you remember back on the 15th of June a team called the Detroit Pistons won the NBA championship! They were a team that no one thought could win the title, but they did! There team has remained the same, except for the signing of Antonio Mcdyess and the loss of Mhemt Ocour!

Whilst other teams have been crumbling around them! EG: Lakers, Nets.

And other contenders not having added much punch!
Eg: T'wolves, indiana

Unproven teams are solid but will fall early in the post season.
Eg: Nuggets, Heat

Thus leaving the Mo'town crew stll sitting atop the NBA tree watching the wolves scavenge for food in the free agent market!

Bags has a good outlook in the NBA!

Reply #3795 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

I think you'll find that a Dampier deal hasn't been made yet. Dampier is still a free-agent.

TommyJR, you may wanna check your source. Dampier for Laettner and a cup of warm milk?? I doubt it.

Reply #3796 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

Bar you Dallas will dominate all. Allstar 55 is indeed a struggling Franchise and he knows it due to his ostrich looks i boo this man and his jumping from team to team I say to you Mr Allstar 55 that you struggle.

Dallas 2005 Atlanta struggle

Shnrub signing out

Reply #3797 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

I like the below mentioned players are infact a free agent but my price is higher than j-bags on a Sat night. Tonight I will be spinning some tunes at a little Southern bball gathering somewhere in the city...

j-bags next weekend I will be employing crazy man to man defense on you and your posse. I feel that you are the biggest threat to Team Black. Unlike Boy Goorj i will not leave my best players on the bench and choke in crunchtime.

Bags is that .... a man?

Reply #3798 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

Quoted from ESPN - I think you'll find its on the money. These deals are rarely reversed unless someone fails a physical - due to the rules stated below it cannot be officially announced - read on

ESPN.com news services
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Erick Dampier's odyssey will apparently wind up not in the Big Apple but in Big D.

The Dallas Mavericks have agreed in principle to a trade that would send forwards Eduardo Najera and Christian Laettner, two future first-round picks and cash to the Golden State Warriors, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher on Tuesday.

In exchange, the Mavs would acquire Dampier, center Evan Eschmeyer and guard Dan Dickau from Golden State.

The deal, however, cannot be consummated until later this summer because NBA rules stipulate that no player may be dealt twice within a two-month period. Both Laettner and Dickau were traded earlier this summer.

Calls to Dampier's cell phone were not immediately returned Tuesday night and his agent, Dan Fegan, also didn't immediately respond to a message left by the Associated Press.

The trade also is contingent on Dampier reaching agreement with the Mavericks, an NBA source told the AP.

Dampier opted out of his contract with the Warriors in late June and became a free agent. The 6-foot-11 veteran, who spent the past seven seasons with Golden State, met with the New York Knicks and several other teams in recent weeks.

He apparently will also forgo a six-year, $50 million offer from the Atlanta Hawks.

Reply #3802 | Report this post

cortez  
Years ago

dont mess with NYK. people said they wouldnt go to finals last year or even get close. if i recall the opposite happened. with Isiah showing them the way i dont see how they wont imrpove. Houston is back by the way and Marbury isnt playing well in olympics how does that reflect his NBA season??? NYK may spend more, but if some of the new rules come in for teams finances in the near future you will find they will have more money, no doubt. (the rules have something to do with luxury taxes and stuff). NYK will put a good show on, dont worry.

Reply #3805 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

TommyJR, my apologies. I try to keep a close eye on ESPN.com but I must have missed that one. Seems very much like Laettner and a cup of warm milk!!! Was hoping Dampier would end up in NY. Will there be anyone in the East (other than Ben Wallace) to even bother Shaq (and please don't say J O'Neal)?

Cortez, I'm sure you meant that NY wouldn't go to the Playoffs, but they did. Right? The Finals were between Detroit and LA, bro.

Reply #3811 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

The Hawks have some decent Forwards in Harrington and Walker. But nothing anywhere else, rookies while might begin to contribute but a lack of consistency will keep them in the cellar.

Shaq, Wade and who? Unless they pull of some decent signings in the rest of the offseason, they have not a whole lot supporting their 2 stars.

Pacers all the way this season. They won 61 games and lost to the Pistons with heavy injuries in the ECF last season with a fundamentally flawed roster. Now they are alot more balanced with the addition of Jackson in the backcourt. Time to get Reggie that ring :D

Reply #3854 | Report this post

tizzle  
Years ago

Atlanta can easily make the playoffs with a starting line-up of Diaw, Childress, Walker, Harrington and Drobjnak.

Remember what Milwaukee and Miami did last year when they were supposed to be two of the worst teams in the league...

Reply #3855 | Report this post

zorro  
Years ago

ok lets clear sum stuff up here. NO, atlanta will not make the playoffs. u guys gotta be dreaming. even though theyre lineup is young and exciting they dont have the fire power and experience to get there. Harrington has been a bench player all his career, drobjnak isnt a key factor, diaw is still young and inexperienced and childress dont get me wrong is a top player but he wont make a massive impact in his first year. As for Walker, well i personally hate the guy but he will obv dominate in atlanta now. I dont think he can lead that team of rookies, first year hawks, and general bums to the playoffs.

As for New York and everyone being over generous to their efforts in the off-season i disagree wif it all. Dampier is indeed a solid big man and was 5th last season in double doubles. But the point is that he hasnt had playoff experience AT ALL. being wif golden state all his career has kept him from competing in the playoffs.

Marbury is the main man and has only made the playoffs once as a member of the 02-03 suns who got eliminated by the spurs in the first round. thats 5 games playoffs experience and being their star player they need more than that.

Jamal Crawford has played for the bulls all his career...that just speaks for itself that theres no playoff experience.

Allan Houston can play but lets face the facts..the guy isnt a young player anymore. Tim thomas was suppose to be sumfing big but he turned out as an average SF and yet again, barely any experience in playoffs. For this new and 'improved' NY franchise to get say to the eastern semi-finals they need some players who have been to the playoffs instead of signing players with established names who have played for teams under .500

Reply #4340 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

I can not see the Hawks being anything more than a contender for last place. They will be a struggling franchise this I cant really see much happening with them at all as allstar55 said DALLAS 2005 NBA CHAMPS and I am now officially kicking Allstar55 off of the Dallas Band Waggon back to the Clippers with ya. seriously I dont see the NBA season being that exciting next year as there are no stand out rookies Oakafor and Howard will not do much I fell that Devin Harris could do some damage if he starts for the mavericks and ive heard that the Lakers rookie has been caught with something petty.

Reply #4368 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I like the way Mr. Shnrub thinks...

Reply #4373 | Report this post

milf hunter  
Years ago

the man does have a point. the main thing that pisses me off about dallas is that they went for every damn player on the FA market. Shaq, kidd at one stage, VC, Kmart. they need to stop this obsession wif 2 guards and start looking at getting sum big bodies. all they got is nowitzki who is a pussy and bradley...dont get me wrong bradley is still a gun regardless of the shit he cops lol. but if they ever wanna have a chance of winning a championship then theyre gonna have to find a decent big man. may i suggest Mo Ke from china? haha ohhh hes so shit!

Reply #4400 | Report this post

Mic  
Years ago

bar all you. last season miami had nothing and they came 5th in the east.just watch out high flyer josh smith will be dunking all over the league.
dallas and lakers struggle.

Reply #4427 | Report this post

zorro  
Years ago

dallas and lakers will struggle cos they dont have wot it takes to win a championship. Josh smith is an insane player and was my pick b4 the draft but even though this 18 yr old will be slamming it down on the big boys he still wont help this team to a playoff birth. i say give atlanta a couple of years for these young guns to develop and get rid of walker for an actual team leader. coming from dallas last year walker was one of the top 4 or 5 players so its abit too much of an ask from him to say he will take this team to the playoffs. josh smith ur a gun and childress i love the hair but walker is just a fag

Reply #4430 | Report this post

Mic  
Years ago

i agree zorro.even though i hate walker he is still a former allstar and thats what every team needs.wish we got dampier and sura.josh smith to win the dunk comp this year.
p.s lakers and dallas struggle.

Reply #4432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh josh smith is awesome. apparently hes hell smart too. got like the top mark at his school. wot an inspiration! u guys could really use dampier but even if u do get him u still wont get to the 40 win mark. i rekon they will be lucky wif 30 wins if they begin the season as they r now. how bout this trade...KG for the entire atlanta roster except for josh smith. cmon u gotta admit that is pretty fair lol

Reply #4434 | Report this post

Mic  
Years ago

ok easy the offence will be based around walker.the lakers will base it around kobe. the rest of the hawks and lakers squad struggle big time so if your saying the hawks struggle lakers must be struggle to so bar all you big club followers who just jumped on the band wagon.

ps the under 20 men div 2 comp is peaking.

Reply #4458 | Report this post

Mic  
Years ago

ok easy the offence will be based around walker.the lakers will base it around kobe. the rest of the hawks and lakers squad struggle big time so if your saying the hawks struggle lakers must be struggle to so bar all you big club followers who just jumped on the band wagon eg lakers,chicago.

ps the under 20 men div 2 comp is peaking.

Reply #4459 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

Hey Mic who is top of the Under 20 div 2 league? I would be interested to find out.

Now im gonna address something "I like the way Mr. Shnrub thinks..." quoted by MW thank you I have been waiting for someone to say that.

Dallas going after every name on the FA list I know it happens but every other team in the NBA are going after these free agents aswell its just that Dallas are the Pre Season warriors and usually get a good deal ala Walker for LaFreants. Losing Steve Nash has cut the Mighty Mavericks deep thus going after Kid and I would have to say that you would be pretty retarded to not throw your hat in for Shaq the most dominating player in the laegue. most of the other deals that dallas have been going for have been pointless in my oppinion VC would do nothing in a dallas uniform and my oppinion of K Mart is not that high anyways I think he will struggle in Denver unless he and Andre Miller hook up early. Dallas deal with Washington may be good in th elong run as we got a decent back up to finley with Stackhouse plus some trade bait with Lattener or how ever it is spelled and I see Dallas comming close due to the fact that we are close to signing a deal with the Warriors to get Eric Dampier soo too all the people that say all dallas needs is a Big man looks like we are getting him and to Mic and his Atlanta Hawks I think what Hakeem said to Patric fits it best Maybe Next Year

Shnrub out

Reply #4472 | Report this post

Mic  
Years ago

bar u shrub.the hawks have a assistant coach named herb brown. if you got a name hearb good things are expected by the team. walker will dominate, josh smith will have highlights after highlights, boris diaw will put up triple doubles and jason collier will be the workhorse.
p.s lakers and dallas struggle.

Reply #4662 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Walker will average 25pts, team will be a consistant loser though, this guy is trigger happy, and doesnt win! Not a smart player never has been, lets not try and turn him in to a true franchise player. this is just another short stop for him to get his averages up, so he can go for one more big contract on a title contender!

Dallas will struggle, Cuban will get them back on top though within 3 years, this guy is a hell of a owner. Lakers will surprise if you end a t they will struggle, they aint winnin no title, but come on KOBE is the man, yet I don't personally ( not my favourite player), but give him his dues, there will be more trades to be made, and the staples centre will have its moments next season.

Hope Karl Malone makes the right decision, whatever that is!

Reply #4664 | Report this post

MIC  
Years ago

bar u. who cares what walker does. all im saying is that he will dominate. dallas are all offence. they need a artest or wallace or dikembe.
p.s dallas and lakers struggle.

Reply #4690 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

How many times can you say p.s. dallas and lakers struggle....we get the point.

Reply #4691 | Report this post

MIC  
Years ago

i wont be happy until i hear the dallas and lakers coaches say my team struggles.

Reply #4696 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Dallas with Eric Dampier will be a chance. They will miss Nasty and Jamieson. Stackhouse is due for a good season (if he doesnt get traded) Two promising 2nd year players (Josh Howard and Marquis Daniels) MVP Dirk Nowitzki. A great rookie point guard Devin Harris and Jason Terry (if he doesnt get traded). Combine this with the best coach going around Don Nelson and the Mavs look pretty good. If they play good D they should be in the mix

Reply #4710 | Report this post

yo g  
Years ago

oh cmon lommax rnt u being just a tincy bit genorous towards dallas. obviously ur a fan of theirs. dirk isnt an MVP, everything else u said is correct. but the thing u wrote about good D...haha. the words 'dallas' and 'good D' just dont go together.

Reply #4768 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

wow...they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery :)

thanks yo g

Reply #4769 | Report this post

yo g  
Years ago

haha ur a geek yogee..shutup!

Reply #4804 | Report this post

Mr. Shnrub  
Years ago

HA HA HA Yogee got faced. oh well I agree as much as it pains me to say it Nowitzki is not MVP has to play some D to get in there. Dallas are a solid chance of taking it I say with Dampier mnaking the appearance in D Town we will see what happens Dallas will have a strong team with some good rookies on the pine to back up a solid starting line up

Reply #4838 | Report this post

scrapper  
Years ago

lakers have still got a good squad. Lamar odom USA player. Brian grant general scrapper. Caron butler. Luke Walton hes heaps good rookie. Kobe. Vlade divacs , one of the greatest international players ever.

devan george. There are aweseome

plus we got rudy, the best coach in the league.

my pick lakers will make playoffs make second rounf of playoffs get KO

Reply #8163 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

lakers will struggle big man and u no it, D-MAVS all the way baby

Reply #8166 | Report this post

scrapper  
Years ago

its a big squad

watch out for luke walton. player of the future

hes not flashy he doesthe 1%s

Reply #8188 | Report this post

Coach-no-more  
Years ago

bar u all, memphis have the squad and the 80 yr old coach to dominate anyone.

take luck - 'irk' struggles, good pick up in j-terry and dampier tho. but pity they wont touch the ball on offence with stack, finley and irk firing rockets. M-Daniels is the MAN, behind white-chocolate.

Grizzlies will be teh sleeper team.

The heat play only ezy teams, so they should waltz (much like take luck does) thru the minor round.

PS MIC struggles

Reply #8228 | Report this post

Cheezeburger  
Years ago

P.S laker fans are the worst.they only support in the good years and bar there team in the shit years.luke walton struggles.u cant play nba if all u can do is 1%ers.walton is a no name 2 bit hack.

the workhorse lives on.....

Reply #8775 | Report this post

Eddie #55  
Years ago

i find it sad that they have two teams in LA and not one in Atlanta!

Reply #15477 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

thats terrible.few years times the hawks will be back to there glory days.

Reply #15493 | Report this post

Little Hops  
Years ago

I think they will be better cuz they'll get another good rookie but they wont be above .500
PHOENIX ALL THE WAY BABY!

Reply #15613 | Report this post

Little Hops  
Years ago

I think Phoenix will do the best in the NBA. Look at their lineup:
Steve Nash-best point gaurd in the L
Shaun Marion- Crazy Swingman
Amare Stoudemire-Explosive dunker
Quentin Richardson-Good all around player that is INSANE!!

Reply #15615 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

everyone seems to be forgeting that seattle have one of the best records in the comp at the moment. even though i am dallas all the way, seattle have beaten the big teams this year and are looking good. but they r still a two man team and could crumble during the long season.
Butthey r my ruffy at this stage!

Reply #15869 | Report this post

AI  
Years ago

I dont like Atlantas chances of making the plaoyffs, such talk is ridicoulus and ABout walker, if he dosent get his contract extension then he'll go back to pierce in boston

Reply #16275 | Report this post

Eddie #55  
Years ago

What about SACRAMENTO?

Reply #16719 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

never fear josh smith will be the hawks francise player in a few years time.stick with your team hawks fans

Reply #19444 | Report this post

The Hammer  
Years ago

Dirk for MVP

Reply #23093 | Report this post

Buddha  
Years ago

Dirk for UFH (ugly facial hair) - Nash has MVP wrapped up unless he suddenly gets a serious injury. AI will be close, but surely Webber will take some of his numbers. The championship is still wide open. I think its phoenix, spurs, miami or the pistons (they are sitting there winning games very quietly).

Reply #23849 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

What is the go with Atlanta cheezeburger? Every game for about the last 10 they break out to double figure leads before laying down in the last. What is the go there? I also cannot beleive that Googs is getting so many minutes in that team, shows you how bad they are at the minute I suppose.

Reply #25617 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:08 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754