Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Sentence to match Larry Bird's jersey

From the "what the" file .....

OKLAHOMA CITY - A man got a prison term longer than prosecutors and defense attorneys had agreed to  all because of Larry Bird.

The lawyers reached a plea agreement Tuesday for a 30-year term for a man accused of shooting with an intent to kill and robbery. But Eric James Torpy wanted his prison term to match Bird's jersey number 33.
"He said if he was going to go down, he was going to go down in Larry Bird's jersey," Oklahoma County District Judge Ray Elliott said Wednesday. "We accommodated his request and he was just as happy as he could be.

"I've never seen anything like this in 26 years in the courthouse. But, I know the DA is happy about it."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5009658

Topic #4793 | Report this topic

40th Street Black  
Years ago

He should have asked for Robert Parish's number.

Reply #55307 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lucky he wasn't an Artest fan though. I admire him. 30 years wipes out his life anyway. Why not do something amusing and get some worldwide press?

Reply #55308 | Report this post

MM  
Years ago

Personally I would have asked for Chris Blakemore's number

Reply #55319 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754