Years ago

Are the Wildcats Back

OK........All you blokes bagging Perth & Rodgers

With out Rodgers & Burston, we easily disposed of the 36ers...by 21 pts

Ronaldson...28pts

Bailey .. 25pts, 6 reb, 9 ass

Redhage.... 22 pts, 11 reb

As for Adelaide......22 to Farley, and Rychart had 19

Have the wheels fallen off your beloved 36ers?

Topic #4903 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

no we have just lost our 2nd game, how many have you dropped? It was a good game by perth though, i think some of out luck may have run out but still you can hardly complain too hard considering our position of the table.

Reply #56436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10-2 and 1st spot on the table. Yeak, the wheels have really fallen off dickhead!

Reply #56437 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fez, did you even go to the game? If so, you're sure home early!

Let's see how we go against the Breakers next up. What's your tip for the "wheels fallen off" Sixers?

Reply #56441 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Fez
A bit premature. Atleast wait until we've lost another 5 and Perth have won another 5. Then you may be a bit more credible.

Reply #56442 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Dickhead.....lol....how harsh....no need for name calling

I have been bagged and so has Perth all this time....comments have been made, we are shit, sucked in Rodgers, Perth wont make the playoffs

WE, are probably the hottest team in the NBL at this point in time, going on win streaks

And all of that without both our Centres

Ok....you are 10-2....its all good now....BUT

There is not a trophy in the cabinet yet

Dont get too cocky

Reply #56444 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Bit hard when im in Melbourne Isaac

But.....even you must admit....it was a Very good win without Rodgers and Burston, and that Perth are a team that cant be underestimated

Reply #56447 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Fez
You didn't answer the question "were you at the game".

Reply #56449 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

And if there was a trophy for making the finals, perth may get one (dont get too cocky). You guys dont have a centre, but we really dont have a quality centre either. Sure you guys beat us fair and square, soundly, but that makes the series 1-1 and your still three spots below us on the ladder. Wheels have fallen off? bet you werent saying that about perth when they were 2-6. Maybe wait until your team is above ours before u start making wild comments. Im sure a 1 game losing streak is fair reason to say the wheels are falling off. . And i still say sucked in rogers, greedy bastard. :P

Reply #56452 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

he said he ws in melbourne. as for winning streaks, we had a pretty good one ourself.

Reply #56453 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Yeah......i was wired up in Melbourne

Were you at the game EC?

Reply #56454 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

you did have a great streak......but all good things come to a end

Hey Dr Bullshit.....if YOU were Rodgers......would you chase the money?????

Reply #56455 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Not this time yet. I travelled to 4 away games last season & 7 the previous season. Already have 2 planned in the next month not to mention if the Sixers make any of the away playoff games. To top that, I have not missed a single home game in 3 years. Is that sufficient credentials for you Fez?

Reply #56457 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Here we go.......
Another pissing contest......
boring.

Reply #56460 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Thats great EC......you are a true fan of the 36ers

Bit hard for me to make the games from Melbourne, and when the Cats do come to town i do make the effort to see them

Also, i was a Nth Melbourne Giants member till the end, and went on road trips with them

It was a great feeling but, watching all my mates in tears when we beat them in the final at the Glasshouse

Reply #56462 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

Hey fez no need to say that the wheels have fallen off yet. I mean, looks like the wheels have fallen off Rogers. Lucky we didnt get him this year, seriously the guy is injury prone. Remeber last time with us he was injured for the majority of the season. Lets see who wil be talkng by th end of the season ok fez. Whats that i can ......snifff.....sniff.......ohhhh another sixer winning streak.

Reply #56463 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Why is it hard to make it from Melbourne? Adelaide is not too close to Perth, Cairns or New Zealand where I have ventured out for games. If I was a Cats fan, I would look for every excuse to get to Perth, its a truly beautiful city and couldn't have enjoyed the holiday more at Christmas time last year. What made it extra special was the Sixers win in Perth just after Christmas.

Reply #56467 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Hey i would love to go to Perth and watch all their games

Hell i would move there.....it beats the shit out of this crap Melbourne weather

BUT

I dont think my wife would be too impressed if i tell her, im getting on a plane each weekend to follow the Wildcats around....LOL

Reply #56470 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Fez you must be a big wildcats fan, at least spell you players names correctly.That way you wont look like such a twit

Reply #56482 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Yeah true.......im a bandwagon supporter.....you got me numbnut

Reply #56485 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Anon - 10-2 and 1st spot on the table. Yeak, the wheels have really fallen off dickhead!

Don't you go cursing us a swell, it was bad enough Maher coming otu and saying the Sixers could equal the clubs best ever start of 12-1, now your saying they wil be 10-2... 9-2 atm lets wait for the wins before we start celebrating.

Reply #56490 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Doesnt matter that the Sixers lost because we still have a solid team that is still sitting on top of the ladder (unlike Perth)!

We play as a team and play with a level of pressure and confidence that i havent seen in a Sixers team for a while.

Reply #56505 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Fez.....please keep posting when the wildcats play their next 5 games.

It is good to have banter with other fans do we have any king fans??

Reply #56541 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yeah, Earnie Shaver is a Kings fan who reads from time to time.

Reply #56542 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

The lost was no biggie. Given the fact that teams are expected to win 80%(ish) of their home games.

Fez, your teams is .500 with a 4-3 home record. That home record bites the big one. The Cats have played 7 games at home (most in the L along with the Razorbacks at time of writing). We are 6-0 at home with the Breakers to come on Sunday. There are only two teams with a greater than .500 on the road, 36ers and Tigers.

We have 6 home games before Christmas (bring on 2 December, if the Cats beat us at the Dome then the question of 'are the cats back' can be asked). You have 4.

Given that fact with your losing road record (7 away games before Xmas to our 3) then I honestly believe that the 36ers will still be number 1 or at worst 2 at Christmas. Come Christmas the Wildcats will still be lucky to be at 500 ball club.

Also, in my opinion the Wildcats ain't the hottest team in the NBL at the moment, I'll give that to the Pirates who have knocked off the Deadpans and Crocs in QLD and Birsbane at home.

Reply #56546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enough Said.

Reply #56547 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

As much of a Sixers fan that I am, you've got to give credit where credit is due. The wildcats pulled a fantastic game out of the hat last night. They played particularly well to get the win over the League Leaders. Whether it was just luck for them and unlucky for us, time will only tell. To be convincing, the Wildcats need to win a lot more.

Reply #56553 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

EC, I believe the saying could be "every now and then the sun shines out of a dog ar$e".

On a serious note, the Cats did click for this one and shot very well, 52% from the field, plus they scored 40 points in the last quarter which is huge...

How good is Bailey, the Cats have found another great PG. They should try and stitch him up for a few years if I were them. 15ppg, 6 assists and 6 boards from any position is a great line.

Reply #56564 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Fez,

After the woeful performance of the team against Sydney (2.11.2005) I would say the short answer to your question is: No.

No Ricky Grace, but same old Perth. An staggering 31 turnovers (to the King's 16) in a 33 point loss.

Goorj says it best (for once):

"We were 11 or 12 up, and all of a sudden you look up and you go 'wow, it's over', and that was early in the third quarter."

And this after Fisher's winge that Perth were not getting the respect they deserved as the bookies didn't rate them.

Or just maybe the people who don't rate Perth are spot on?

Reply #57289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your a massive wildcats fan Fez.

roDgers would be proud.

Reply #57399 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:18 am, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754