Knowall
Last year

Sydney v sem

Since I can't pick a winner going to go with kings. Sem winning this would make it interesting

Topic #50748 | Report this topic

Dunkman  
Last year

Go from excellent NZ commentary to have to put up with Lowery. F..k me.

I'll go go kings easy, SEM to many out, Adnam isn’t starter quality.

Reply #908202 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Walton Jnr a late out for the Kings for tonight's game

Reply #908203 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Terangi, oh why.

Reply #908207 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

SEM got so many bad defenders to win anything. Creek and Williams can't do it on there own.

Reply #908210 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Good game, kings haven't put there foot down yet.

Reply #908211 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Bruce gets away with rugby tackle for cooks dunk.

Reply #908214 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Kings don't need home Cooking to foot down, playing in Sydney now is like the old days in Perth.

Reply #908215 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Home cooking becoming a bit obvious

Reply #908216 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Lowery is the Energizer bunny with verbal diarrhoea. When he first started, I liked him as a low-key version of Homicide; now he's trying to outdo him!

I’ve had ENOUGH of twats who cannot commentate basketball intelligently!!! Back to muting the game, bugger it!

Reply #908219 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Exactly hoopie. It's disgusting what Lowery spits out.

Reply #908221 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Other than XRM they are cheering for the kings.

Reply #908222 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Buford's Kings up
206-82 & he’s still whinging

Reply #908224 | Report this post

AngusH  
Last year

16/20 from 3... Sheesh

Reply #908225 | Report this post

Jatz  
Last year

Oops 106-82

Reply #908227 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Finally Sydney gets out of first gear! They're just too versatile in every position, whereas SEM’s offense is basically to keep giving it to Creek and Williams and get out of the way..

Vasiljevic giving everyone a towelling - pretty impressive. I’m also impressed with Foxwell’s development.

Otherwise, it was interesting while it was a spectacle, but now it’s obvious which team is better.

Reply #908228 | Report this post

SmallieBiggs  
Last year

Bit off topic but they mentioned it again tonight about MVP candidates...
I don't get how Pinder is getting so much hype. Having a great season but I see Cooks, Cotton and even Creek on a different level to Pinder.
Am I the only one or am I underrating him?

Reply #908229 | Report this post

An1234  
Last year

I think it's because he’s the best player on a team everyone, and I mean everyone, thought was going to finish last.

Reply #908230 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Creek side beaten badly, but one on one he shaded Cooks tonight, stats says that as well, neither should beat Cotton as he is clearly the best player in the league.

Ok game but kings never looked in trouble Terangi, Adnam, Madut are not starters, they are bench guys, 15 minutes at max, you are not winning games with that line up. If SEM don't get there injured imports back they might miss finals.

Kings then daylight was my tip at season start and I’ve seen nothing to change that. There bench would beat hawks. They also play D, some of the other favoured sides don’t.

Reply #908233 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Buford's Kings up
206-82 & he's still whinging

Oops 106-82

Even if the score was the former one he'd be crying about something.

Reply #908234 | Report this post

Yup  
Last year

No team is winning when the opposition shoots 75% from 3, considering imports out SEM did well to stay within single digits for most the game...

Reply #908236 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

"Kings then daylight was my tip at season start and I've seen nothing to change that. There bench would beat hawks."

Sydney have had a hard time beating Illawarra all three times they've played this season and the Hawks are +35 on bench points in the series! Probably not the best example.

Reply #908239 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Kings then daylight was my tip at season start and I've seen nothing to change that.

I remember you called it for the Kings, way before anyone else had, a third into the season last year. I hope you put money on them.

Reply #908241 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Buford comes over as a bit of a toss, but he's a very good basketball coach, the kings also have depth. I’m hoping for a new champion, don’t see it though. Look at Buford press conference last night, he talks about Makoi, he has an eye for talent, you play his way as well, Bayles was all the rage earlier but played iso ball, you don’t see him play now. Smith spends money, excellent businessman, Pondgrass has connections, they are the new example of the old cats.

Reply #908247 | Report this post

hoopie  
Last year

Agree totally, Dunkman

Reply #908251 | Report this post

Crazy8  
Last year

I thought the games Creek vs Cooks match up was a good insight into the MVP chatter.

Creek had a lot of the ball, was trying to impose himself and had a great game, but Cooks played within the team, showed up on big possessions and got the win.

Winning is the aim of basketball, and Cooks just impacts the game in so many little ways.

Not sure Creek really has a case for MVP over Cooks (impact) or Pinder (stats) at this point, when you also factor in wins. SEM still on the bubble of making play in with a pretty strong roster.

Reply #908255 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Last year

Buford comes over as a bit of a toss, but he's a very good basketball coach, the kings also have depth. Smith spends money, excellent businessman, Pondgrass has connections, they are the new example of the old cats.

I can't disagree with that as much as it pains me.

Perth are the new Kings pre-Smith thanks to SEG and it sucks.

Reply #908257 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Creeks team, no where near the level of Cooks.
I watched the one on one very closely, Creek got it imo.
Creek hit threes, jumpers
If Cooks doesn't have shooters around him he would struggle, doesn’t shoot further than 6ft from ring.
Buford basically plays Cooks and Vasilavic together for this reason.
Pinder not in conversation imo
Cotton still the mvp imo.
Gazey has Creek in front.
If Perth play finals it will be because Cotton

Reply #908258 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

Creek plays 'within the team' when he has the rest of the starters with him. He’s trying to carry the load with Browne & Kell out, as well he should

Reply #908259 | Report this post

Crazy8  
Last year

If they were winning SEM's team would be considered the same level as Sydney.... but they're not.

Creeks doesn't really add more than solid defense. Cooks is a perimeter defender that also is an elite rim defender. If you swapped Creeks and Cooks, all of a sudden Williams isn't a liability on defense and SEM aren't giving up pick and roll layups.

Both teams have import PGs, SFs and Cs. Both teams have deep local benches.

I think if you swap Creek and Cooks, SEM become the contender and Sydney have their struggles.

Browne
Kell
Broekhoff
Cooks
Williams

That's a balanced contender.

Reply #908260 | Report this post

Pretty sure in your hypothetical you would need to include the coaching.

Reply #908262 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

It only has two letters, but it's a big word, if.
Creeks team haven’t even put a full team training session together, not even preseason, they have done remarkably well, they have carried injuries to there main players. Look at the kings bench, Glover, Bruce, Hunter,Noi Galloway, these five on there own are near starters on all teams, maybe not Galloway. Compared to Adnam, Terangi, Pineau, all have started because of injuries, Smith- Milner, you can’t compare.
Cooks defence 6ft from the ring is great, he’s vulnerable one on one at three point line.
Again if you put that line up, as you say that’s a balanced contender, pity most have missed to numerous games.
I think Mitchell has actually done a fine job.
Gazey is one of the best judges in the country and doesn’t get swayed by media hype, yes he loves Cook but his mvp at this stage is Creek, I’ll stick with Cotton.

Reply #908266 | Report this post

Crazy8  
Last year

I just don't buy the excuses for SEM really. They should be a contender and they're not. Even with injuries they've always carried a solid core rotation, like many other teams who have carried injuries.

Creek had a very average start to the year (which many people seem to ignore)
and the team is fairly stacked. 3 quality imports, Creek, solid bench. Should be competing instead of battling for the middle of the table.

MU have way more excuses and a weaker roster and still might overtake them.

Reply #908267 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

Creek played on one leg for the first 5 weeks, was very good.

Reply #908269 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last year

That's right Dunkman, he was in a moon boot until a week before the season started or something like that?

Reply #908270 | Report this post

Anonymightymouse  
Last year

SE Melbourne have had the toughest run with injuries of any team IMO, regularly missing 2-3 starters. Their record is very good with their main guys playing, even though they've had a couple of stinkers.

Reply #908275 | Report this post

Knowall  
Last year

Think MU might disagree if

Reply #908280 | Report this post

Cadee needs to get a mower not yard chairs from Bunnings,

Reply #908291 | Report this post

Sorry. Wrong thread.

Reply #908304 | Report this post

Dunkman  
Last year

It was still very laughable. ::))))

Reply #908307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 am, Fri 17 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754