Denny Crane
Last year

Another Friday, Another BSA Blunder

I went out to Wayville tonight and saw two div1 games both with 1 referee.
So I asked why they only had 1 referee, and was told by the Court Supervisors that the referee on court 2 was meant to be on court 1, but BSA forgot to roster any referees for that game.
Not that it was meant to be a solo... THEY FORGOT TO ROSTER REFEREES!!!!

Topic #51526 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Last year

Yep, U14B and U14G Div 1s had solo refereed games.

Reply #929340 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Last year

Can't believe you felt the need to ask the question. Game went ahead. Let it slide.

Reply #929348 | Report this post

Denny Crane  
Last year

The worst part now is we go oh, it went ahead let it slide.
So now we just accepting it.
BSA have done it that often now we don't care that someone is getting paid to roster referees, and forgets to do an entire game!

We don't care the game went ahead because 5 minutes before the game the Court Supervisor saw there was no referees on the game, and then put the other game at a disadvantage.

And yes they were lucky the games went ahead. Because the new norm, again, would have been the parent saying oh it's just BSA, let it slide.

Reply #929354 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Last year

As I said.....let it slide. No real harm done. Kids played.

Reply #929401 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 pm, Sat 4 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754