Dog 55
Two weeks ago

Gangurrus through to semis in Olympic QT

After losing opening game to The Netherlands in OT, the girls thumped Kenya and then pulled away late over Canada to top the group on PD from Canada and the Dutch missing out. In the other pool with one game to go, Brazil are assured of a spot and Germany is playing the winless Austrians and need a solid win to go past Japan on PD. Would be handy if we played Japan as they have lost their best player and are down to the bare 3 players.

Topic #51966 | Report this topic

Dog 55  
Two weeks ago

Deutschland smashes Österreich and top group. We play Brazil and Canada play Germany.

Reply #941220 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two weeks ago

is that tonight Dog or are we done for today?

Reply #941221 | Report this post

Dog 55  
Two weeks ago

Semis and Final tomoz. 6.10PM on 507. Not sure when we play, 4 semis and then the two finals.

Reply #941222 | Report this post

Footloose  
Two weeks ago

thanks Dog, appreciate it

Reply #941223 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last week

tough win by our 3x3 women's team! Brazil were so big & strong, but we were too fit/good in the end. Can't wait for the GF.

Reply #941228 | Report this post

Dog 55  
Last week

Paris baby!!!!!

Reply #941230 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last week

So I doubt Maley going to play 5x5 now.
Swain should be in imo.

Reply #941231 | Report this post

DMc  
Last week

Ally Wilson was amazing- seems an ideal player type for 3x3.
Yeah, I think Maley withdraws from Opals camp. Is it even worth elevating someone else though, or just have one less player at camp?

Reply #941232 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last week

There are already more than needed so I don't think there's any point elevating anyone else.

Congrats to the mighty Gangurrus!!

Reply #941233 | Report this post

Weedy Slug  
Last week

I dunno, if the opals staff watched the other qualifiers, they might come to the realisation we are a bit too old and slow. Think it's worth putting youth up against the current team to find out prior or possibly in pre tournament games.

Current

5x5
Reid
Melbourne
Whitcomb
Borlase
Madgen
Allen
Blicavs < Talbot surely.
Smith
Magbegor
George
Tolo
Jackson

3x3
Mansfield
Whittle
Wilson
Maley

Reply #941234 | Report this post

Footloose  
Last week

Swain should definitely be added! She'd also fit in pretty nicely in the 3x3 team you would think

Reply #941235 | Report this post

Sebastian  
Last week

It's laughable that this is an Olympic sport

Reply #941237 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Last week

If there can be like 20 different versions of who is the fastest swimmer then there can be 2 versions of basketball.

Reply #941238 | Report this post

Dog 55  
Last week

Luuc, I would have used volleyball as a direct comparison as there is the "traditional" indoor volleyball and their smaller version (beach). Every individual sport at the Olympics has multiple "versions" not just swimming.

Reply #941240 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:09 pm, Sat 18 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754