Damo 75
Two weeks ago

New Cairns import - Tanner Groves

Looks solid if unspectacular. Could be a very good signing if he fits the Forde system.

Thoughts?

Topic #51971 | Report this topic

word14  
Two weeks ago

I feel similarly. Nothing jumped out at me looking through his career and stats, but so many players have come in under Forde and absolutely flourished so let's hope he can do the same.

Reply #941324 | Report this post

AngusH  
Two weeks ago

Watching the highlights (with their distinctive lack of 'lowlights' to balance it out...) looks like a guy who can play inside and out offensively with good finishing and sneaky hops.

Defensively, hard to say, and doesn't get a ton of boards. I think he's the kind of import Forde will get a lot out of, but early concerns would be around the rebounding, especially combined with losing both McCall and Miller who could get you boards from the perimeter positions.

Reply #941329 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two weeks ago

I'm a little skeptical off this signing ( proof will be in pudding )
He played behind Peatling in college and averaged less then Grant Anticevich in Germany atm.
Played 3 different countries in one year you're either an elite player or you have baggage ( jury will be tested early )

https://www.nbascoutinglive.com/tanner-groves-scouting-report/

Reply #941368 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Two weeks ago

Agreed, his stats (particularly since college) are hardly earth-shattering and only four games in China (I believe with Mitch Creek and Travis Trice in the team) is unusual.

The assumption would be he's taking the (cheaper) spot filled by Roberts last year and hoping for a breakout season, which it seems he has the potential to do. And the comments from Forde about character/work ethic/team ethos are definite positives, maybe even more so for a lower spending regional team.

There seems to be a bit of talk that Armstrong is a potential second-round NBA draft pick, so I wouldn't expect any further import signings to be announced until that plays out.

Reply #941372 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two weeks ago

Taran will be stashed even if drafted but I'd start Galloway over him

Reply #941374 | Report this post

Damo 75  
Two weeks ago

I'm pretty confident Galloway wasn't signed as a starting PG.

Reply #941381 | Report this post

a5ian nbl fan  
Two weeks ago

No i meant galloway over the import hehe my bad

Reply #941387 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:43 am, Mon 20 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754