Kent Brockman
Years ago

"Hammer quits in style" by leading is to the 2nd w

This is a joke ..how bad are the east coast bball followers

Hammer quits in style
Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 09:40AM
Basketball Australia

Shane Heal lit it up in his final Olympic appearance in the green and gold as the Australian men's basketball team ended their Olympic campaign on a high note with a victory over archrivals New Zealand in the playoff for ninth position.

The match turned into a one-man show for retiring guard Heal, who hit a tournament record nine threes as the Boomers comfortably won the battle of the Oceania teams, 98-77.

Playing in his fourth Olympic Games, 34-year-old Heal had a total of 30 points with 9-of-14 shooting from beyond the arc to guide Australia past the Tall Blacks.

Heal was on target early as Australia split the game open with a 13-0 first quarter run that took the score to 28-15 at the end of the period.

The Boomers led 48-34 at half time and when the game restarted Heal was there to finish New Zealand with three consecutive shots from downtown, as the fourth placed team of the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games beat the fourth placed team of the 2002 World Championships.

Heal had hit an astounding nine of ten attempts from three point range with four minutes remaining in the third quarter before missing his last four efforts.

For Australia, Matthew Nielsen added 14 points and CJ Bruton 11 points, while Phill Jones led New Zealand with 26 points.

lifted from nbl.com.au

Topic #524 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

that title should have read by leading us to the second worst effort in Olympic history....definetly quitting in style i think.

Reply #4672 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Or '22 attempted shots, compared to next highest player of 9, gets Heal 30 points to make him look like a Greek Hero at team's expense in final farewell'.

Hallelujah! Boomers on to better things.

Reply #4681 | Report this post

bogan boy  
Years ago

now is Heal really goin to give up ball. or is he gonna make another comeback, "for the good of Australia" pffft....

Reply #4683 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Just on a side note, what would everyones reaction of been if Andrew Gaze had of put in the performance that Heal did this Olympics?

Obviously Drewy has the record to back himself up but would we be as harsh?

Reply #4687 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Heal and Gaze are two diffrent players. One is a true champion and has excelled at every level of world basketball the other is a ego driven hog who does not make the players around him better.

Gaze has an NBA title, Final Four and Europe experience and mutiple NBL champs and awards.

Heal has 1 NBL title on the back of Chris Williams.

Reply #4694 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Well said!

Reply #4700 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

In a perfect world Heal would be remebered for his arrogance, lack of winning, and self promotion. Wow Shane, what a hero you were to elbow 'Sir Charles' on a basketball court with all to see, I'd just love to see what would happen if you saw Barkely in a dark ally without the world to prevent a serious confrontation. he would flatten you like a 'hammer' to a nail!

You are my most hated player of all time, enjoy retirement, Shane, i hate you

Reply #4714 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just because he's taller than you, huh? Haha!

Reply #4715 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Oh, a case of "Short Man Syndrome" hey?!?

Reply #4716 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Funny Isaac, on a forum, height doesn't come in to it! Atleast i hope not! I am sitting on the yellow pages just to reach the screen though!

All jokes aside, Heal really is as useful as a certain flavoured lollipop, Isaac you know what i'm talking about! Ha ha Thank god he ahs finally gone, hope he coaches later on, so we can still beat up on him!

Reply #4717 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"It's like watching a bunch of retards trying to hump a doorknob!"

Reply #4724 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Hey It's not nice to payout retards!

By my god it is an amusing image!!!!!

hahahbagshahaha!

Reply #4728 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Just a line from Dodgeball that Shaqdiddy thought was funny at the time.

Reply #4731 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

That was funny Issac, i was LMAO. Great moofie, i suggest forum people check it out because 'here are globo gym we're better then you... and we know it'

HAHAHA

Reply #4736 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Speaking of moofies, everyone should checkout "pumping Iron" its a doco about the 1975 mr Olympia title! Featuring Arnie, Louie "the hulk" Farina, and a little italian man called Franco columbo! Some of the funniest stuff you'll ever see! Yet if you need motivation to get to the gym, it sure pumps you up!

Eh bags..I'll see you when you get back!

Reply #4739 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Very funny movie in the same class as Old School, Will Ferrel should've won an oscar for the work he did in that! Stiller is hilarious in this movie!

Reply #4740 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i wonder who will be the next bommers captain

Reply #4886 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Maybe Maher?

Reply #4929 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754