what the
Years ago

match fixing .... ?

Q - you have two junior sides in one Division - 1 strong, 1 mediocre.

The mediocre team may not make the finals - pending on your good team dropping a game to your mediocre team.

Do you allow it as a club / coach ?

Topic #528 | Report this topic

faluse name  
Years ago

Do u have anyone in mind?

Reply #4756 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

see what happens this weekend !

Reply #4767 | Report this post

Alf  
Years ago

Happened in U14 Boys last season. Not that you'd guess with all the morals that that particular club has been preaching of late.

Reply #4926 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Now now Alf.... don't go inciting any riots...

Reply #4928 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

this should not be allowed. its unfare if they drop a game to let a nuther team in the finals. think of the team that should be in that now doesnt because those two teams cheat!

Reply #4982 | Report this post

Alf  
Years ago

Well said mate.

Reply #4985 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Depends on the circumstances IMO. The U14 situation Alf mentioned was in very poor taste. Placing more importance on an individual Club than the League as a whole is terrible.

Having said that, droppoing a game 'tactically' to get yourself (or other teams) into favourable positions can be OK. IE - you may not (for whatever reason) want a Bye in round 1 of finals, so drop a game to finish 2nd.

Not sure why you'd want to (not really a tactic I'd use!!) but I guess some people prefer it that way :-).

Reply #5003 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i say if a teams gona win they have gotta win it farly. even if i gets them in they finals

Reply #5012 | Report this post

frocky  
Years ago

I think this happens quite often. I have even known of team that WAS going to play a player from another div as a ringin so another team could make a final. They did not need to in the end .. but they were going to do it !

Reply #5015 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

why would a tea,m want to drop a game tho.

Reply #5068 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:25 am, Tue 14 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754