Bogey Buck
Years ago

AND 1 MIXTAPE GAME...

What did everyone think of the game???

My opinion- Too many three's shot, number 21 for 'crusaders' shouldn't have played and DAMN 'air up there' can jump! But all in all they put on a good show

Topic #5308 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh i agree. Too many threes put up. I love 'air up there'-he is absolutely awesome! Would have liked to see the professor do more stuff.The Pharmacist was an absolute laugh at the end of the game.Funny as when that #21 got slapped! All up great game to watch!

Reply #60452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loved the game, feel sorry for those that didn't go but hopefully they come back again so everyone can go. I know I will be going back for more too! Not a big And 1 fan but all night it was entertaining and just good to watch.

Reply #60456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many people go?

Same as a sixers crowd type numbers?

Reply #60460 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Smaller than a Sixers crowd. Both South and North below concourse was full. Corners below concourse less than half full. Behind baskets not even a quarter full. Few bodies here and there above concourse. My guess 2,500 to 3,000 maximum.

Look out for the What's Hot/What's Not Mixtape edition coming later this week.

Reply #60474 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I thought it was really quite poor. Didn't really seem to do too much exciting things except for the last 2 mins. The fight was interesting - AO was a bit of a tosser, wouldn't even shake 21's hand.

Not sure that I would say it was worth the money I paid to watch a three point shoot out.

Reply #60476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought the entertainment was excellent. Even like the fact that Mr Al Green got into the fight and was ready to take some swings at the young bucks. I thought the group hug was a bit lame. AO was a tosser and had no game to be in that team. Professor had mad skills and like others said, I would have liked to seen more of him. The pharmacist was cool, calm and collected with his skills. A Train from the crusaders should look at getting a contract with a NBL team as he could actually play a pretty sweet game. Oh and how could I forget the air up there. He had huge hops. One of his dunks I thought his whole arm was going to go into the ring.

Great night for all.

Reply #60483 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

How could anyone call for someone to get an NBL contract based on last night's performance? We don't know if any of those guys can actually play because last night was about trying to pull off a move rather than actually playing a game of basketball.

Thought it was a bit rich that Spyda laughed at me for wearing a 36ers top when the 36ers would kick that AND 1 team by 100 or so based on last night's game.

In fact if the 36ers and And 1 team were to play, it would be such a slaughter that Nick Hambour might even get to play 30 seconds.

Reply #60489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha Ha good call Double Clutch.....

I'm not sure if he would get that much. You need to keep the goals realistic.

Reply #60496 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

DC, couldn't agree more. Spyda was s**t, Sixers would spank Team And 1 into next week. It would be such a spanking Gerlach, Madgen and Hambour would even start the second half.

Reply #60497 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Exactly. I wondering how many people watching turnover after turnover in the first half had the itch to pick up a ball and school some of the players on court. I don't want to get too down on the guys who went out there and played with the Australian team because some of them are awesome players in real basketball (and would slaughter me) but last night it was getting frustrating watching turnover after turnover on outlet passes or miscued moves.

My tickets were birthday presents and as a whole I enjoyed the night. The last five minutes were really good, but the first half was poor. Weapon X and Ken Hell also made my ears bleed at half time, a couple of guys posing as hard-arses who got abused by the ever so soft Andrew G on SAFM. Also was a bit of a joke being asked to stand for the American national anthem.

As a whole however the night was enjoyable. There were some good moves, seeing the Powerhouse decked out with a decent sound system was cool and getting some freebies was nice too. If it comes back next year I might pay $10 to $20 to go again. A night at the 36ers however is a lot more enjoyable (and before anyone in Sixers admin use that last comment as fire to jack up prices, remember And 1 is a one off event).

Reply #60505 | Report this post

Randy Watson  
Years ago

I'm just glad I got free tickets off a mate!

Pretty average early...How many turnovers!!! These guys were spose to put on a show and if it wasn't for the last 5 minutes, it woulda been a pretty lame night.
I'm sure some of the young kids had a good nite, but the biggest noise from the crowd came when they were giving stuff away.

Maybe if they had more hot chics in the breaks!

Bring on Friday night!!!

Reply #60506 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

I had a really good time last night, a few of the people I went with didnt really know too much about the and1 tour and werent really that sure on what to expect but they said it was awesome. This game was more about entertainment in a streetball sense not about a more pure/regular kind of basketball such as 36ers games. I went mainly to see two things: massive dunks and insane handles. I saw them both, and I went home very happy.

I thought AO was a cocky git, that the 'flinch' game was shit and the whole lets publicly kiss and make up hug stuff after the push'n shove incident was a bit too much. Biscuit and Long Range from the crusaders were both horrible, but hey, they needed someone to dunk over! I was a bit suss at the start of the game when the crusaders kept turning the ball over and started thinking I hope this aint rigged, but they managed to keep it pretty respectable most of the way through. As for the comparisons with the 36ers team who really cares! 36ers'd prbly whip em but thats not what its about.

Reply #60533 | Report this post

TMan4  
Years ago

well i think it was nuthin like i thort, i was thinkin ther was goona be more dunks and a little less defence for the pl to pull off the moves and stuff.

wtf is up with 21 he cant evan play bball at all lol. But i think i got my money's worth just outa seing AO pimp slap that 21, and that Air Up There dude do a MASSIVE dunk.

Reply #60537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought it was heaps good! i agree the 2nd half was better but ohwell at least i have shane woney aka the dribbling machine's shoe :D

Reply #60552 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

It was very very dissapointing. for about 3 or 4 minutes worth while watching through the whole thing. The AND 1 guys think their shit dont stink, pharmacist brought the knida stuff I wanted to see. those guys need to get whopped by a decent team to bring them back in to line. If i had paid $170 for courtside i would have been pissed. I actually got the cheap seats and sat in the $70 section with my mates as the dome was that empty I could have nearly sat courtside..

Too much physical defence and way too many threes and layups. Half time entertainment was dodgy. I went expecting alot more from the night and personally I felt like my 2 or 3 streetball moves are better that some of what I saw last night. shane the dribbling machine what a joke yes he did some good bounce passes but in warmups he airballed his first 5 shots no joke they were atleast 1 or 2 metres short, he cant really even dribble, I never saw any real tricks apart from some spin moves.

If you didnt go you didnt miss out on too much. buy the dvd its cheaper and better but in saying that Im glad I went too know exactly what I though for myself.

Reply #60563 | Report this post

fingerpaint  
Years ago

What are some of you guys talking about??? The And1 team yes are cocky, yes they think they r great and were scrappy last night but you got to remember who they are playing against. You are only as good as your competition ask any1 who has had to play at a higher level you tend 2 raise your game when challenged. They were in cruise control and to think if they really played hard the 36ers would beat them is a joke. Also Long Range was Jye Watson (i think) the only local player except old school 1 and 2.
The crusader team had some shocking players it would of been like an ABA team Vs Div5 men after a few minutes you wouldn't care. Team AND1 serious would blitz the 36ers by a whole lot no doubt.

Reply #60572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

paragraphs too long!

Reply #60576 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

Game was pretty poor. When players had the chance to throw down big dunks they chose to do pissy little ones. The 'air up there' was the only decent player, wasn't so arrogant.

AO is an absolute joke. Sat throught the whole autograph session at TTP Footlocker with headphones on and couldn't have cared less.

Reply #60584 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

For someone who didn't go to the game, can someone here please break down the teams and how they were allocated? Did they have the try out in the afternoon? What players were playing from Adelaide? Who chose the teams, and who held their own out there from SA?

Reply #60593 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Was a awsome night, loved the lighting setup and extra speakers, game was a bit scrappy but still enjoyable, damn those guys can jump.

The Crusaders were a bit dodge tho, were there only 3 SA guys in the team?? (Jye, Mark Davis, Al Green)? i agree 21 was shit, i couldve gone down and done a better job, A-train and the other black guy was good.

And no one should be bagging Jye beacase it wasnt meant to be serious so unless uve scored 50 points in an ABL game, shut ur mouth.

Reply #60597 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Fingerpaint, you're nothing but an And 1 fanboy who clearly has never gone to an NBL game.

Firstly none of the And 1 guys when trying to stay in front of their defender (and believe me they were trying the other night) can do so without fouling on every possession. They also can't make a move to get past decent D without travelling or carrying the ball. Hot Sauce you notice in the mixtapes will bounce the ball off a player's head a couple of times and then throw the ball into the crowd because he can't blow by anyone.

Guys like The Professor and AO were getting in the key against no help D (as you would expect) and missing ten foot jumpers without anyone closing out on them all night long. Do that against an NBL team and that's basically a lay-up for the opponents off the defensive rebound and break. It just makes me laugh how they can get in magazines and talk about how "we can really play, no one wants to see missed jumpers" and then brick them up all night long. Plus this team plays night after night. They should be a well oiled machine against a team thrown together at the 11th hour.

I could go on, but the point is I'm not paying big money to see a bunch of guys with worse fundamentals than ABL players.

The only player I really respect on the mixtape team is The Pharmacist. Tried to give the crowd a show when no one else was interested and seems like a good bloke as well.

Reply #60633 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Double Clutch - your nothing but a jealous hater!

Love to see you and Jye Watson 1on1....

As for you haters of 21 aka Phunder, so he didn't have a great game?? You have to ask yourself WHY is he on the tour 2 years running?? WHY is he a member of the AND1 3on3 national championship team 2 years straight and WHy would And1 have paid to send him and 3 others to LA to play in the open run and at the Forum if he got no game???

Don't know why I am waisting my time with this post as all ya South Australian's are purely proof that Tasmanian's can swim.... oxygen thiefs!!

Reply #60647 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

21 - nice ally to start the game and the pass was from long range aka Jye Watson

Reply #60653 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Where the hell did I give Jye Watson a hard time you idiot? Did I not give credit to the "Crewsaders" implying that I have a lot of respect for Jye?

I think someone failed year 2 reading comprehension.

Reply #60655 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

DC, don't think they even went to school judging by some of the crap that came out of their mouths. 21 blows - I don't care what anyone said all I saw him do was a HUGE and I mean HUGE.........layup alley. A layup wtf?

Reply #60660 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Did I say you gave Jye Watson a hard time..... Now take a deep breath and scroll up and re-read.

Ok now we have that done - your righteous attitude is what pissed me off - you are quick to judge the night and players without backing up your judgements! You obviously think you got some game and I would just love to see a match-up with Watson.... I don't think he has lost too many??

Reply #60661 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I don't think I read it as DC saying he has mad game, if take a deep breath and re-read above (in case you can't here is the quote)

Australian team because some of them are awesome players in real basketball (and would slaughter me) but last night it was getting frustrating watching turnover after turnover on outlet passes or miscued moves.

Reply #60664 | Report this post

fingerpaint  
Years ago

I'm not a huge fan of any player in the And1 team but if you honestly think that they got where they are now by being chumps your so wrong. Your telling me that Brett Maher (who is great) has had a greater impact on basketball than Main Event?
If players practice showtime other parts of there game are going to fall away. They got reps by destroying opponents all over the USA and you think the 36ers or any NBL team could do that?
Say what ever you want about them but if it came down to it i'm sure that they have the ability to beat any NBL player. Only player that has no game would be Shane "The Dribbling Machine".

Reply #60689 | Report this post

Biscuit  
Years ago

Hey TC,

I dont even have a comeback for you, you are definately right, I was horrible no excuse!!!! Thanks for reminding how I played!! But check this out, you might get to see me again and I promise not to dissappoint!

Reply #60707 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Fingerpaint ..

First of all are you serious ? Brett Maher would be picked over any of the AND 1 guys in the NBA ,NBL or any other self respecting league in the World. The guys of AND 1 are better athletes than Brett , but to say that they would school him is way off.

Its nice to see that you are excited and hyped by the event , but seriously.. c'mon, comparing the AND 1 team to the sixers ? I would say the sixers would destroy the AND 1 boys simply because that type of basketball does NOT translate into a game where the whistle is blown and proper rules in effect.

As they say on the AND 1 tour.Get off the Crank. Fa shiz.

Reply #60709 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Firstly, I stand by my reading comprehension remark, where did I say I have mad game? Where? If you want to talk about backing up statements, how about you back yours up now with a quote from this thread.

Jye would thrash me in a game of one on one. Big deal. Doesn't take away from my ability to analyse the game of basketball (before you attack me on this, ask around town what divisions and players I've coached). Go back and read my post. I did back my statements up, analysing why i think the game was average and why I don't really respect most of the And 1 players based on that night. I had $110 seats front row. I think that entitles me to be able to see a little bit more than a bunch of turnovers and a whole heap of missed wide open jump shots. Judging by your first post it doesn't seem like you're from SA so I don't know how you can defend a game you didn't see.

And for the last time I have the uttermost respect for some of the players on the "Crewsaders" team. Some of them, however, were pretty average, and my suspicion was they deliberately didn't select the best team they could in Adelaide so as not to embarrass the And 1 team by having them lose.

As for any of them beating Brett Maher one on one, don't make me laugh. It's too late for me to respond to such a comment in depth, so I'll wait to post a reply in the morning.

Reply #60713 | Report this post

TC  
Years ago

Biscuit, no sweat dont take it personally, everyone has their off nights! At least you had the balls to go out there. If you get the opportunity to face AO again, just force him into shooting a jumpshot and position yourself for the resulting rebound.

Reply #60735 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Why is everyone getting so fired up about this, incase you didnt realise it was surposed to be ENTERTAINMENT not a serious game, not a warmup game to play the sixers, just a bit of fun......

Reply #60856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theyre saying that watching missed shots isnt fun...

Reply #60859 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

who was no. 3 for crewsaders, he was a deacent player, does he play NBL or ABA or nething??

Reply #61448 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754