what the
Years ago

Sturt people - strap yourselves in !

yes, yes, yes - Sturt gets a mention during Olympic Opals coverage.

Thanks to Chris Dittmar on TV coverage.

That's the only ABL team I've heard of to get a mention so far.

(plenty of WNBL teams)getting a mention.

Topic #533 | Report this topic

Liam Flynn  
Years ago

Well done Laura, Angela and Brett. You are doing Sturt very proud in Greece.

Reply #4826 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

This thread has been pruned. Don't bait Sturt members and then be surprised when they defend the name of their club. Same goes for trolling against all other clubs too.

Reply #4834 | Report this post

Marsellus Wallace  
Years ago

Wasnt there a post here before about people big noting themselves on this forum???

Reply #4835 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I removed the "forum rules" from the top of the index a while back because everyone was following them. One of them was about trolling. Saying something like "like x need their ego stroked any more!" is trolling and you have seen what happened to the thread from there.

The School forum is obviously going to play by their own set of rules whether we like it or not, so the comparison doesn't really work.

Essentially, an SA club got mentioned in a national telecast -- that's great for the club, for the sport and for the state; there's no real reason to try an incite something over it. Club brawling just drags this sport down in SA. A club having a positive self image is a good thing and I see evidence of that in more clubs than just Sturt, and in more individuals than Liam.

Reply #4840 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Is this hating Sturt thing similar to hating Port in the footy?

Reply #4848 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not sure. There are just a lot of issues between clubs in SA basketball (seriously, you could write a book on it all) due to past voting on opportunities and so sometimes members of one club seem to be quick to jump on another. I think that gets coupled with a bit of Tall Poppy Syndrome and the fact that members of some clubs instinctively defend their organisation after having done it to much of their involvement.

Alright, pretend I didn't prune the thread and argue about it if you want. *shrug*

Reply #4851 | Report this post

Marsellus Wallace  
Years ago

"members of some clubs instinctively defend their organisation after having done it to much of their involvement"

I think that was the case here, having said that I think the what the.. topic about match fixing is more like a bit below the belt and probably more like what would annoy me if I was the Sturt guy.

Reply #4853 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fair enough, but the follow up comment of "like they don't need more ego stroking" is antagonistic. I'd rather everyone talks about pro/rel and poaching all over again! :P

I don't know what the Match fixing topic would be referring to.

Reply #4856 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Didn't mean to cause a stir. The comment was tongue in cheek :-).

Reply #4860 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

Sturt deserve the plaudits they get - have been associated with many clubs - they have been one of the best in developing basketball in SA

Reply #4870 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

Nice to see Chris Dittmar with the quote of the week - obviously very familiar with the game "the NZ girls are two teaming"

I must remeber to run a "two teaming" d play next time I am coaching.

Reply #4872 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

What do you expect from a washed up squash player? You should listen to him doing football, what a joke...

Reply #4932 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:16 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754