balh
Years ago

Sixers 10th player

Who are the 6ers going to name as their 10th player on the list?

Topic #543 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The current 9 are:

Maher
Farley
Holmes
Rychart
Cooper

?
Ng
Nash
Forman
Rees

You'd think that a guard would be on the cards, and I've heard nothing beyond the usual Williams/Hawkes/Bell. I don't think any of these would be a bad choice -- especially since the first two have been there before and know how it works. My pick would be Williams.

Reply #4953 | Report this post

faluse name  
Years ago

williams is a hack. hes luck to have been in the nbl this long, i think. time for a young up and commer!

Reply #4977 | Report this post

Omar  
Years ago

How bout Gerlach...i recommend him as the up and comer and once jingles is out of the ais he can join him! Williams should never have been there, he is a nothing compared to the likes of maher and ng.

Reply #5005 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I'd take Gerlach ahead of Bell, Hawkes & Williams. Bit small maybe, but very long arms & has far more of a future than any of the above. He's not even 20 yet!!

I'd also rather see a Campbell, Sullivan or any other up & coming guard ahead of the 3 'oldies'.

How many minutes will they need? Maher & big Willie will play plenty, Darren can step up & Jacob can play the 2 spot.

Reply #5011 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I thought it was recognised that Puddifoot was the 10th man?

Reply #5021 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he and Hambour are 11th and 12th?

Reply #5023 | Report this post

block party!  
Years ago

gerlach??? i saw him play the all star game he was abosolutly terrible he had alot of ternovers and couldnt hit a shot!

Reply #5024 | Report this post

frocky  
Years ago

why not bring Sapwell back ?

Reply #5031 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Sapwell is NOT being considered for the 6ers...Phil has even said so on radio!

Reply #5034 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

frocky -- enough forwards already. We need another guard, otherwise we've got Maher, Farley and then you bring Ng off the bench or push Holmes or Nash from 3/4 to 2.

Reply #5035 | Report this post

frocky  
Years ago

I know that ... don`t get your knickers in a knot, have you taken grumpy pills today ?
I would like to see Sapwell back ....I would ...MY opinion...!!!
Chill

Reply #5036 | Report this post

frocky  
Years ago

hey that is magic .. how how did you do that .... for those who dont know what I am talking about .
I posted a reply to yogee (a bit harsh) but what do you know his post was edited so you had to be quick if to see why I was a bit harsh..

Reply #5038 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I edited it having seen that you didn't ask "is Sapwell coming back?" but "why not?".

I think that the reason would be because we're in more need of a guard than another forward.

But I would like to see him come back in a managerial/marketing role because I think he's exactly what the club needs.

Reply #5040 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Williams will get the 10th spot

Reply #5041 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

which one brad or jason

Reply #5044 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

jason

Reply #5048 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

My inside info actually had Nathan Hawkes as the 1st choice for the 10th man, but since the All*Star weekend, Christian Bell is actually firming as preferred choice.

Reply #5049 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Thanks for clearing that up Isaac - so no more Todd Gower?

Reply #5058 | Report this post

unbelievable  
Years ago

Yogee, you are the man for the people but, JASON WILLIAMS is an absolute lock. 100% guaranteed!, Bell has apparently trained ordinary and Hawkes while feisty and competent will not get the back up role.
Your inside info is poo!.

Reply #5078 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Whatever unbelievable.

My source on that info is pretty reliable, so will be interesting, especially with Jason limping again after the All*Star weekend.

Reply #5090 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Jason was rested after half-time on Phil's instructions. I think he was "limping" because there was ice strapped to his foot at the time -- after the game, he was walking normally.

Note that Holmes had ice on his foot five minutes into the all-star game and went on to score 30+ in Geelong -- precautionary measure and nothing more I imagine.

Reply #5092 | Report this post

busta  
Years ago

speaking of the allstar weekend where can we find the boxscores for the games...(unless i missed them or something)

Reply #5096 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

If Joe Ingles doesn't go to AIS, he might be considered, Gerlach also. Both a away with Sixers on a training camp.

Reply #5100 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Ingles and Gerlach are in the trainign squad, they wont get to suit up for the 6ers, unless there are injuries during the season.

It is just the 10th man that is waiting announcement, the 11th and 12th men have been settled (Hambour and Puddifoot)

Reply #5106 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

We've wasted (or spent, whichever you prefer!) all this time on Jason Williams, we might as well keep persisting with him in the hope he might actually turn it on one day.

Reply #5288 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hmm MW, I can see your point...but surely at some stage you also decide it's a lost cause, and cut your losses.

I am more than a little concerned that the only real addition to the 12 man squad this season is Puddifoot...whereas every other season there have been 2/3 juniors / up and comers in the 12 squad.

Reply #5310 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

I here on good authority that they are training Benson at point????

Reply #5370 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:25 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754