ShutUp!
Years ago

ABL Blitz - 17/2 - 19/2

Not sure if this is being run by Centrals or not.
Would hope so, as the Venue is Starplex.
There will be lot of travel involved for almost all teams.

Topic #5468 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

A bit more info:

Feb 17 - 19
Starplex, Gawler

Team fee: $100
Matches 2 x 12 minute halves with a running clock.

Enquiries: Barb Rowe

Reply #62062 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

sounds awesome!!!...is it a round robin format??.....all teams should make a weekend out of it!!! great timing, and great to hear...good on you Barb!!

Reply #62067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is a good idea but I've heard some of the womens teams are not taking part again this year. If that is the case the women's comp last year only played 3 games each. A game a day long way to go for a short game if this is true.

Reply #62187 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I think all teams both men and women have agreed to play, besides one woman's team whose coach can't see the wood for the trees, pettiness at the expense of having his team play in what should be a great lead into the season.

Reply #63897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why not have this great event on the weekend?

Reply #64608 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

17 to 19 feb is on the weekend. Nothing against Centrals but why isn't this played closer to the city. A lot more people would come and watch. Great concept though.

Reply #64612 | Report this post

anon13  
Years ago

What is this ABL blitz?

Reply #64706 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

In the Know, I think you will find that Centrals are running it & that is why its being played there.

Reply #64957 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

It is being run by Centrals, North and Woodville. Great idea hope it gets the following from all clubs. Should be a bit of fun.

Reply #64964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there is your answer then

if north woodville and centrals are hosting it the dome would be unavail due to NBL

Hillcrest too small to run multiple courts etc

starplex ideal space and facilities

Reply #65014 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Its the only place thats aircon apart from the dome. Be ok if its a hot weekend.

Reply #65025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't heard much on this for a while. What's the latest? How many teams are playing? Any interstate teams?

Reply #65281 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Nomination's don't close till January 20th so may have to wait until then to find out which teams are playing.

Reply #65512 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Will be interesting to see who has every body playing.

Reply #65516 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

No one will have there national league players as they will still be in season. It will be made up of who lined up for the summer league I should imagine.

Reply #65522 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

I hear South & Sturt women are not playing? Sothat brings down the comp to 8 if every else does.

Reply #66547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what is the deal with this next weekend, is it a mens and womens comp, and are only district teams entering? also do they play the normal format or are games shorter? heard that forestville aren't playing either

Reply #66549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is Jan 20 today. Any news on the final nominations. I am assuming North, Woodville and Centrals are all in it because they are organising it. Maybe a Mildura team? I've heard Southern and West are playing - not sure about the others .

Reply #66558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heard last week that eastern are in it too.

Reply #66571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it true it's been cancelled?

Reply #66866 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

Is that the Blitz or the tournament that people have been talking about at starplex this weekend? Cause its 2 differant tournaments.

Reply #66875 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Southern Men and Women are in.

Reply #66895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can anyone confirm if the tournament this weekend has been cancelled?

Reply #66967 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

I hear that the Australia Day carnival is not going ahead. Can there be official word from Starplex regarding this?

Reply #66969 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

the australia day carnival will not be going ahead

Reply #67033 | Report this post

anon13  
Years ago

Australia day carnival not going ahead due to lack of teams.

Reply #67533 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754