Anonymous
Years ago

Victorian Players

Hi I was wondering how many Vic players are playing in Adelaide Is Jye Watson Victorian or from SA?

Topic #5686 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jye watson is from Warnambool and i must say a very over rated / selfish player he was at Warnambool but i havent seen him play this year (things may have changed)

Reply #64303 | Report this post

paul rees

Reply #64393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jye watson is sick he scored 50 twice in the aba....im not saying hes jordan but people called him selfish....to be a huge scorer you have to do that

Reply #64408 | Report this post

NJ NETS 15  
Years ago

RRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! wata gun!!!!

Reply #64414 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Acutally Jye Watson got 50 and 45... Awesome!

Reply #64418 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

you guys are kidding yourselfs just because a player scores 45 & 50 does not make them a great player although its a great effort whats the rest of his stats read like / hows there attitude are they helping the club in any other way im not having a go at Jye himself but if you put enough shots thats what happens by the way what was his shoting % for those games

Reply #64615 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

April 23, 2005: 50 points (15/29 FG, 7/13 3P, 13/14 FT), 8 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals.

June 4, 2005: 45 points (15/27 FG, 6/13 3P, 9/11).

So, his shooting percentage was just fine.

Link to his game-by-game stats.

Reply #64616 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

like i said good effort but so many people recognise players who put up big numbers score wise but acheive nothing for the team environment they are only worried about one thing their own points.

Reply #64619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bigcountry thats why you aren't in the NBA anymore to worried about what other players are doing instead of improving your game you bum!!!

Reply #64659 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

Anon what are you talking about you spastic whats your thread got to do with anything, all i was stating was people say players who have a night out on points have a great game but they might have put up a hundred 100 shots well to me thats not a great game.

obviously your one of those players that go out and put up a 100 shots and put yourself before the team hence the reason you will stay anonymous you JACK ASS

Reply #64666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yea and everyone knows who big country is you tossa!

Reply #64673 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

Just make sure you stay anonymous tough guy

Reply #64674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I will "tossa" what are you gunna do if i dont, you cant run you fatboy!!!!

Reply #64676 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Obviously you don't know who Big Country is anon otherwise you wouldn't be saying that!
He has bigger guns than the USS Abraham Lincoln!!!

Reply #64684 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Surely if you were a coach, you'd prefer 2 players to score 20pts each and 1 to score 10, rather than have a 1 dimensional team that has one great offensive player...?

Jye split the W's he scored 50 and lost by 9 to Forestville & scored 45 and won against Southern.

BTW Panther - the USS Abraham Lincoln is an Aircraft Carrier, and doesn't have "big guns" as such... sorry.

Reply #64688 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

i wasnt having a go at Jye himself but i think pickles housemate is exactley right theres is no room for selfish b/ballers on any team and your win loss ratio will reflect that.

pickles are you sure theres no guns on that ship not even little ones.

Reply #64717 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with Big Country. Heck, you can even get a few free downloads ..... ;-)

Reply #64722 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

Hey Fellas,

Just want to ask is this another jye watson thread? This is getting very old. Bigcountry, I know you said you weren't having a go at jye personally and thats great. Do you guys over in South Oz want you just want south Australians in your league? Not a smartassed question either. Reason I asked is because it seems that Jye is damned if he do and damned if he dont. talking about playing the team game when Jye was with Warrnambool he averaged 30 pts a game along with Curt Small who also averaged 30 and we just missed out on making the finals that year against Sandringham (same record/ H2H)so my point is put good players around him and his game wont change. Just appreciate what Ricky is trying to do down there at Centrals in building a team that will be competitive and thus help strengthen your comp. Because as you guys would have seen woodville were very undermanned at Nationals!

Reply #64725 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Pickles, I think that you will find that although the USS Abe is an Aircraft hanger, it still has three Mk 29 NATO Sea Sparrow launchers and four 20mm Phalanx CIWS Mk 15, so I will accept your apology....

Reply #64732 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

this thread.......

Reply #64761 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

Bob in reply to your post yes i do think Jye is a one dimesional player as i think are some other players around the league but thats only my opinion, i really dont care were he or anyone else is from and yes i would like to see more quality interstate not just Victorians play in the Adelaide comp, really anything that makes adelaide B/ball better/ a stronger comp to play in therefore the national titles wont be dominated by teams in the south conference

Reply #64770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bobby - for every one hater who comes on here to bag those more talented than themselves, there are 20 other posters/readers who appreciate the hard working and talented players, without expressing their contrary views.

Reply #64772 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

No worries anon #64772.

Bigcountry you say you not having a go but it sure does seem that way with you asking what Jye's %'s was for those games. But anyway, like you said its only your opinion and you are definately entitled to it. Can I have your definition of one dimensional? just so I dont put words in your mouth. BTW, do you play and if you do play, are you capable of doing more than what a one dimensional player does?
Whats your name Bigcountry?

Reply #64802 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

bobby i dont see whats wrong in wanting to know a guys shooting % when he shoots 50 & 45 you have played ball long enough to probably ask the same question when you scouted teams before you played them @ warnambool and as getting into a bitch debate on demsions of each others game its pretty clear you are the official body guard of Jye so anyone remotley questions his ability or game sense has to deal with you which is fine by me.

now a one dimentional player bobby is exactly that ONE dimensional a player who only brings or is there for one reason i.e offence or defence, or Hustle (can you see were im going with this), some players have a little or alot of each which in turn makes them more of a complete TEAM member. But please note there is room in our wonderful game for both types of players.

Reply #64806 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

With your definition it seems to me you are sitting on the fence abit, If a player is there for one reason as you say then that person might be able to do something else besides the one thing they are there for. either the one demensional player cant do anything else but what they are good at or they are doing what is needed for their team! Hey Bigcountry you arent the first to question jye's ability and wont be the last. But it fine do what you have to do.

Jye does score alot of points but whats his other stats read like? does he Board get assists any steals at all? If ZEROS read in each of those columns then yea i can agree with you that he is 1 demensional. Can he defend at all?

As for me being Jyes bodyguard the guys overthere trying to make a go in OUR GREAT GAME and its MULTI-DEMENSIONAL players like you who says what a player is and isnt. I like to see what your stat line read like so you can show us how to be a team player. But I have to know your name first to do so!

Reply #64888 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

Bobby you need to calm down and pull your head out of your a**e i never once questioned the guys ability my original post were along the lines of any player that scores massive amounts of points and people say how great they are IMO if you look a bit deeper to look at %, boards, steals etc (which Isaac pointed out his shooting % for night was fine)youll see a clearer picture of how good a player they actually are.

so basically ANY player who score excessive points and not much else in the other colums TO ME is one dimensional regardless of who they are or where there from.

Reply #64894 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

Hey Bigcountry, Im fine dude i dont need to calm down and my head isnt up my A*$. It seems to me you are the one who needs to calm down you seem to be upset abit? your post (64770) and i quote " i think jye is a one dimensional player." Isn't this questioning whether or not he can do other things besides score or are you the be all and end all who says what a player can and cant do? Have you seen him play where you make the statement that he is one dimensional?

Since im Jye's Bodyguard, just so i know you are not only having a go at him, can you give us some names of the other one dimensional players in your league?

Big V stats shot 31pts 7rbs 3ast @ 49% and 45% from long range. Against bigger players and imports in most teams. If he only scores and nothing else why is he still able to put up decent numbers for a scorer cuz if thats all he does then he shouldn't get close to 4 ast a game and 7 rbs agame!! question for ya, if his statline read 31 10 and 8 would he be one dimensional?

Reply #64903 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Big Country Does he play He seems to have a lot to say on this thread? BIG Country We all want to know who you are mate????

Reply #64909 | Report this post

bigwhatever  
Years ago

Bobby's winning this argument, its all in the stats baby.
Bigcountry = bigchicken

Reply #64926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where has BIG COUNTRY GONE ??? we want to know who you are ???

Reply #64930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no we don't. Alot of us couldn't care who he is, just that he comes back and continues to get a 'sch-lacking' from bobby.

Reply #64933 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

According to the NBA site Big Country and the Jazz are on their way to Philly, could be on the plane!

Reply #64942 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

Well hello so many people to talk to sorry its taken so long guys.

Bobby have you been posting as anonymous agian. All these people want to know my name but they post as Anonymous you idiots.

were was I, yes Bobby as i have stated before its only my opinion about Jye, for a shooting guard shouldn't he be averaging more in assist coloum but once again ITS ONLY MY OPINION. as for his stats (its got me bugged why we continue to focus on one guy) but the position he plays and how good you think he is stats along the line of 20-30pts 7-10 boards 7-10 ass would make him (in my eyes a much better player) but in saying that if he doesnt feel hes got the right team around him to enable to acheive this then by all means keep doing what hes doing but if its all about the stats when centrals win he scores less when they lose he scores more now you can read what you want into that stat.

Reply #64946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

big country - have you ever seen centrals play??? Yes, they had some talent in the starters, but the bench falls away quicker than J.Holmes. You need IMO 8 solid players to compete consistently.

Reply #64949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bobby havent posted as a anonymous when he has asked your name so tell him big kitchen!

Reply #64950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damn, my line was meant to read, "the bench falls away quicker than a J.Holmes jump shot". In the haste of thinking of that, i messed up in the delivery.

Reply #64953 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

Anon, (#64949)

i couldnt agree with you more you have a solid bench the team will succed no matter who scores all the points and please dont take my last thread as an attack on centrals b/ball.

as for Anon # 64950
" big Kitchen" what does that mean, you you you big........garage

Reply #64958 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

Bigcounrty i do agree if anyone had a stat line of 20-30 pts 7-10 rbs 7-10 ast would make anyone look better but because he is 3-4 assists off of the last stat, he's still a one demensional player?

So in your eyes if the guy got 3 more assist per game, then he isn't one dimensional player?

I wouldn't post as anon, you know who I am, I am loving this debate! Im most teams there will be 1 maybe 2 players that take the bulk of the shots and score the most points that don't make them One Dimensional!! anyway as i have asked in previous post so we not just talking about one guy like you said, give us some names of other one dimensional players in the central comp! Are you one of them?

Reply #64980 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

panther, i dont think Bigcountry is on the plane with the Jazz to philly didnt see Bryant Reeves on the roster!

Reply #64982 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

Bigcountry what other shooting guards could you compare him to, to get the guide you have? Name someone in the ABA any conference that has a statline of what you ask for then i will totally agree that scorers are one dimensional!!!

Reply #64984 | Report this post

Bigcountry  
Years ago

IMO bobby maybe Jye feels he has to do the bulk of the scoring for his team to be competitive his ability shows us he is capable of alot more stats wise but if he is so consumed with scoring only, then yes thats one dimensional of course he going to get the odd assist and some boards. the guy plays alot of minutes

Reply #64987 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

My bad Bobby, had my big, no neck, country bumpkin white boys mixed up!

Reply #64989 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

You know what Bigcountry, you havent answered none of the questions I put to you so this is my last post!

Will you please just answer who are the other 1 dimensional players in your comp? Name a player that get the statline you're after in the ABA? If you cant answer or wont answer then thats fine but your argument of one dimensional players is beyond me.

Bigcountry, from your nickname on this forum i'd say you were a post or bigman? So i wont make the comparison production wise with you and jye but i just hope you not one of them jealous cats that are frustrated basketballers! Good debate though.

Reply #65007 | Report this post

Bobby Cunningham  
Years ago

One more hahahah, to anonymous 64303 did you see Jye play when he was at warrnambool or have you played against him and got lit up? Just wondering!

Reply #65008 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:14 pm, Sat 27 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754