Shaqdiddy
Years ago

Kobe free - case dismissed

Kobe Bryant's case has just been dismissed! Watching ESPN when the Eagle County court came on live and said that although they wanted to continue with the case, the 'victim', just wanted it to end, in other words NO EVIDENCE!

Go Kobe, season might heat up a bit now!

(Mod: We've been telling you -- it's called Scruffy, and the only victim is your furniture! Hah.)

Topic #596 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Wait for the big bucks to be paid to the 'victim' in the civil case, I'm sure there would of been a deal struck....

Reply #5592 | Report this post

Jasime  
Years ago

I read the most she could expect in a civil case would be around $750,000. That is the cap given to civil cases of this nature in Colorado. If she gets that much she will still be sitting pretty, but I don't know if Kobe will be laying awake at night worrying about that kind of money. It will hurt no doubt, but not too much.

Reply #5604 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

$750000 From Kobe, $1m from a TV network, another $500000 from a tabloid, more from talk shows....she is gonna be a rich girl.

Reply #5605 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I wish she was within stone throwing distance.

Stupid girl!!!!

Reply #5606 | Report this post

Jasime  
Years ago

MW...Kobe's lawyers could well specify that the money she recieves is with conditions such as you cannot talk to the media, you cannot write a book, and so on. If she violates that, Kobe can go after her to get the money he gave her back and then some (not that she probably has much, hence the reason for this whole saga)

Time will tell.

Reply #5711 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

goo for kobe. i think he will play this year

Reply #5849 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

did u see the girl? what did she look like?

Reply #5917 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Did you guys watch the case at all? Sure, Kobe is as guilty as sin when it comes to adultery etc, but this girl was no saint. She never had a case to start with and it's a shame it took this long for the courts to work that out.

Maybe now though, Kobe will keep the fly zipped up. Saw an interesting doco once about players' wives in the NBA. Does anyone rememeber James Worthy getting stung by the police after trying to solicit a prostitute in Houston? Also of interest, is that Doug Christie takes his wife with him on all away trips because the female groupies just don't let up.

No excuses for the players, but look at it from their side too.

Reply #5953 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:00 pm, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754