Tilly
Years ago

Coaches

Our son has been playing basketball in under 10s for 3 yrs now, but over the last 4 to 6 months we have seen the umpiring decisions have gone downhill in a big way, but what can parents nothing our kids are out there to learn the game and enjoy themself.

(WHAT CAN WE DO TO RECTIFY THIS BIG PROBLEM).

Topic #601 | Report this topic

Alf  
Years ago

Grab a whistle and try it for yourself, perhaps you could make a difference to the standard or even understand the game and the umpires a bit better.

Problem with u10s is you'll generally have the less experienced refs on your games. They have to start somewhere...

Reply #5741 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

please tell me - if your team has a woeful bench player - do you get rid of him in u10s? NO WAY

He trains and is coached to hopefully reach a satisfactiry standard.

it is the same with the refs

I have a plan which I will start a thread on very soon

Reply #5838 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

thats right everyone has got to start some where and its easier if they start with the les hard games

Reply #5840 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

kick back and enjoy it - otherwise you will have an ulcer.

yes - i know - abysmal umpiring can be found in u10s

but I have seen players staring at the ceiling and the ball hit them in the head in u10s

or better travels than Gulliver.

accept the fact and explain to the children later or as they go along - if you have better knowledge - re correct and incorrect ref calls

Reply #5852 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:14 am, Fri 17 May 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754